PDA

View Full Version : 08 PP question

uawaterskier
03-12-2008, 09:00 PM
I am about to take PP and throw it in the bottom of our lake. This is 2 years in a row we have had a problem with ours. Basically what is wrong with ours now is the screen gets jacked up. First off this the 08 197 with seriously 2.2 hours on it. The PP is wakeboard pro, ran in regular PP mode. The screen basically jacks up in trick mode and looks like it is split in half. Aka the part says trick is at the bottom of the screen and the speed and stuff is at the top. But it is not clear, it looks all messed up. Also it doesn't respond when it does this. Basically something is really jacked up. Ideas? or for 2 years in a row a boat going back to the dealer with less than 12 hours on it.

flipper
03-12-2008, 09:06 PM
I'm sure you have, but I would raise hell(if need be) and tell the dealer you want it replaced. No if ands or buts.

uawaterskier
03-12-2008, 09:12 PM
I'm sure you have, but I would raise hell(if need be) and tell the dealer you want it replaced. No if ands or buts.
this was the first time this boat has been out since december. And I had just reprogrammed PP to not be wakeboard pro. I have a bad feeling this is going back to huntsville with me this weekend.

stuartmcnair
03-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Give them a call. They might have someone headed this way.

uawaterskier
03-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Give them a call. They might have someone headed this way.
Its not a big deal to take it home with me...the dealer we bought from is right down the road from me

bstrom-tt
03-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Check the wiring harness connections, might be as simple as a plug connector not all the way inserted.

NeilM
03-13-2008, 12:53 AM
Phone Perfect Pass. They are very helpful.

LKNMC
03-13-2008, 11:16 AM
if it is still under warranty which it should be I wouldn't even try to fix it myself I would just have the dealer come and fix it

uawaterskier
03-15-2008, 02:51 AM
Called PP and thought it was due to interference in the gauge display unit harness. Bottom line is the dash has to come out of the boat. It looks as though it will be at the dealer this week getting repaired.

uawaterskier
03-15-2008, 02:51 AM
Called PP and thought it was due to interference in the gauge display unit harness. Bottom line is the dash has to come out of the boat. It looks as though it will be at the dealer this week getting repaired.