BRAND NEW "Search Engine" just released .. http://www.chacha.com/
I've already try'd it w/ what else but the word, barefooter :D

atlfootr
03-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Ccm'on ppl none of you are gonna post :confused:
What gives ?

88 PS190
03-12-2008, 11:43 PM
I guess I just feel like google.com satisfies all my needs.

When you really get down to it, searches with ChaCha yield an ad section from google + yahoo.

and if you really get down to it I cannot even find an advanced search field.

there are so many search engines out there, its just rediculous to try new ones all the time.

6ballsisall
03-12-2008, 11:45 PM
mobile search will be incredibly important in the next 3 years....mark my word and invest in those stocks.;) ;)

erkoehler
03-12-2008, 11:46 PM
mobile search will be incredibly important in the next 3 years....mark my word and invest in those stocks.;) ;)

Don't put all your eggs in one basket ;)

6ballsisall
03-12-2008, 11:47 PM
Don't put all your eggs in one basket ;)

I never said ALL........ just be generous in that segment. ;)

erkoehler
03-12-2008, 11:52 PM
Google seems to work really well for everything I need to find, and has become almost common place on all searches.

6ballsisall
03-12-2008, 11:54 PM
Google seems to work really well for everything I need to find, and has become almost common place on all searches.

They also have almost 3/4 of the search marketshare. Don't forget, Yahoo did until Google came along. Someone will outdo Google someday.

atlfootr
03-14-2008, 12:38 AM
Google seems to work really well for everything I need to find.You probably had NO IDEA WHATSOEVER, that Google tracks and records EVERY KEY STROKE and SEARCH
that you perform from your computer.

And they keep that information in their records FOREVER!
Still want to use Google :confused:

88 PS190
03-14-2008, 12:51 AM

Yup. I'm not searching for anything bizarre, no midget love fests etc. So if they want to track searches for BMW engine tuning, mastercraft parts, etc and they use that information to streamline and further improve the quality of searches that really doesn't bug me.

I don't see how they can track every keystroke that I make at my console considering I am not running any of their software, so they can track my searches, but are you saying they are capable of getting every keystroke? In which case you suggest that any computer that ever goes to google.com is being tracked by google.

Now if I were searching for illicit items and embarrased about it, sure that might bother me.

What google has that led it to overtake yahoo-
Simple homepage (unless you mutilate it)
A wonderful search algorithm and a huge budget to keep it that way.
Their advertising system does not attempt to hide that the advertisements are provided by google, and the ads are targeted to your search.

This chacha also shows google, and yahoo ads.

I've used a bunch of search engines, and have even taken a course specifically on search engines during which I researched a whole range of search engines, including specific databases, and topic specific search engines. Written papers about those engines, the histories of the sites, what they are best at returning etc. After which I settled on google with gigablast.com in a close second.

I actually really like gigablast but it really doesn't return nearly as many results as google, the top ones are good though.

atlfootr
03-14-2008, 12:58 AM
That's what I heard.
Given any sufficent amount of time, I'm sure I can get around one day to looking into.

TMCNo1
03-14-2008, 06:39 AM
I'll just stick with the 351W engine!

6ballsisall
03-14-2008, 08:12 AM
You probably had NO IDEA WHATSOEVER, that Google tracks and records EVERY KEY STROKE and SEARCH

Of course they do, (not key strokes though...) those metrics and consumer habits are worth a great sum of money. Other search engines do as well. YOu are much more visible on the web than you might think.

#47of100TeamMC
03-14-2008, 08:56 AM
You probably had NO IDEA WHATSOEVER, that Google tracks and records EVERY KEY STROKE and SEARCH

Sounds like Atlfootr has a few skeleton's in his closet! 8p

Google is one of my 3 homepages next to TT and my internet banking site. I have no problem with them tracking anything I do. It must be working if they have 75% of the market. Goooogle on!

BrianM
03-14-2008, 09:26 AM
Love Google, Gmail, Google Maps and Google earth. I use all of them daily. Don't really care if they are tracking my searches and use or not. If it makes the programs better I'm all for it.. Running Firefox I have a liitle Google (can be changed to many others as well) search box right at the top of my browser. Good stuff.

88 PS190
03-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Here is simply why google rules.
1. Best Algorithm
2. "though we may run relevant ads above and next to our results, Google does not sell placement within the results themselves (i.e., no one can buy a particular or higher placement)."