PDA

View Full Version : Slalom South of Tampa?

bdecker
03-12-2008, 12:36 PM
I know this has been asked here before, but is there any slalom skiing in the Venice/ Sarasota area? I travel down there regularly to visit family, and just learned that one of our club members has moved there as well. The closest site I've found is McCormick's, are there any sites closer?

atlfootr
03-12-2008, 03:40 PM
I've gott'a friend that lives there also, I'll check w/ him.

pilot02
03-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Check with Jim at BAWS. He's in Tampa and should know everything around there.

atlfootr
03-13-2008, 10:37 AM
I've gott'a friend that lives there also, I'll check w/ him.Called the guy and left him a message, will let ya know if I find out anything.

WTRSK1R
03-13-2008, 10:47 PM
Has anybody skied at Mike McCormicks before? I am going down to Tampa for a weekend in May with a friend and we are planning on going there for a little spring training.

Thoughts?

bdecker
03-14-2008, 08:59 PM
I skied there last year. Very nice lake, no complaints at all. Will probably go back there in a couple of weeks if I can't find a site a little further south. They were using Response LXI's when I was there last spring. I know they get a pretty big jumping crowd.

atlfootr
03-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Called the guy and left him a message, will let ya know if I find out anything.Stand bye, I'll attempt another call right now .... lft message.

Dave@BAWS
04-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Hey ATL
I work with Jim at Bay Area Watersports. We all live in Lake Padgett Estates. We have three ski lakes in our subdivision, but they are not public access. We are North of Tampa about 20 miles. You can sure come ski with us. We have quite a few footers in our crowd also.