PDA

View Full Version : design a information collection database

TheOneandOnly
03-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Which is a good software to use to design an information database? I just want to make it simple and only have a few fields that collects problem data with name, date, problem, what was done to fix, vendor etc. Id like to have a form so its not just a straight excel sheet, if any can point me in the right direction id appreciate it. Ive took classes in C++, visual basic, labview etc 4 yrs ago but havent used it since so im a little rusty...
Thanks

bcampbe7
03-11-2008, 11:16 AM
Which is a good software to use to design an information database? I just want to make it simple and only have a few fields that collects problem data with name, date, problem, what was done to fix, vendor etc. Id like to have a form so its not just a straight excel sheet, if any can point me in the right direction id appreciate it. Ive took classes in C++, visual basic, labview etc 4 yrs ago but havent used it since so im a little rusty...
Thanks

Something like Remedy may be what you are looking for.

http://www.bmc.com/remedy/

wakeX2wake
03-11-2008, 11:19 AM
access is fairly simple... since you've taken VB you should be able to set it up fairly easily w/ microsoft access... a quick 20 book can get you set up to do it if you don't remember too much

wats218
03-11-2008, 11:21 AM
i vote for using access...pretty straight foward

stuartmcnair
03-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Access would probably work the best for you. Forms are pretty easy t set up. Remedy would probably be overkill.

yzwiley
03-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Microsoft Access. Remedy is overkill.