PDA

View Full Version : Durahub oil bath hubs

CRAIGTHEMAN
03-10-2008, 05:44 PM
was checking out the new durahubs on another theard and decided to get them for my trailer..i priced the out a month back and they were 115 plus shipping..now the place is getting rid if there stock and the guy said i could get them for 65 plus shipping which is DIRT CHEAP.so if anyone is intrested let me know and i can get that price for you's too. check them out at www.durahub.com

stuartmcnair
03-10-2008, 05:56 PM
are these better than regular bearings and bearing buddies? Why?

Sodar
03-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Yes, they are better from a maintenance standpoint. No need to lube with grease... ever. Just change the bearing lube every once in a while and you are good to go!

CRAIGTHEMAN
03-11-2008, 12:16 AM
alot cleaner and runs alot cooler also

russlars
03-11-2008, 12:47 AM
For those of you have installed these, how difficult is it? I currently have Bearing Buddies.

bkblaida
03-11-2008, 01:17 PM
I installed last year....very easy, just need a clean working area. This is a great product and I put about 1,500 miles on last year w/o a problem.

Do a search on Durahub here on Team Talk and also see the video on the Durahub website. The question I would ask the Durahub rep in MI is why are they selling out their inventory? If the current and only Durahub rep in the USA is bailing what is the reason and who is picking up the line? All the parts except the hub itself are standard at any autoparts store so I would not be afraid to purchase. Good Luck !

bkblaida
03-11-2008, 01:38 PM
I just spoke to the US Rep for Durahub, Global Supplies in MI. Global is a large part autoparts distributor and has not been able to penetrate the trailer market. A deal has been struck with a new distributor and this info will be posted on the durahub web site, www.durahub.com. in 2-4 weeks. There should be no problems getting the product or parts in the future. Global is liquidating their inventory for $65.00 per kit, a real bargin for such a great product.

A tip to those wanting to install; as long as the hub fits (same diameter as your bearing buddies) you can use any spring containing oil seal that fits your axle and wheel. This would allow you to buy the durahub kit based on the durahub diameter vs the oil seal size. Go to your local autoparts store and purchase the right size oil seal for $3-5 bucks each. This will alow you to get a great deal if your durahub kit seal size is sold out.

CRAIGTHEMAN
03-11-2008, 07:46 PM
yep eveything bkblaida said is true...really cheap for somethin so good. get yours while you can

Matt L.
03-12-2008, 01:09 AM
How does one go about ordering these?

Later,

Matt

Matt L.
03-12-2008, 01:09 AM
OOPS Double post!

bkblaida
03-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Matt

Go to www.durahub.com and follow the tabs. If I remember correctly Miles is the contact and he is very helpful. You will need your bearing buddy diameter (the O.D. of the end that goes into the trailer wheel) and the diameter of you axle. If you have a stepped axle you will need both diameters. And as I stated earlier there is nothing special about the durahub oil seals except that they are "oil" seals and contain a circular spring to keep constant pressure on the shaft to retain the oil. Seals are available at any auto/trailer parts store so if Miles has your hub size but not the seal size I would purchase and get seals elsewhere.