PDA

View Full Version : Stock MC boat cover (2008)

rodecker1978
03-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Hey fellas,
Just curious what you all think about the boat cover that comes with the new boats...in my case, a 2008 X-2. Is it good for nothing but storage?

Has anybody purchased the MC brand roadable cover? If so, what do you think of it? Cost?

Thanks much.

TheOneandOnly
03-09-2008, 07:27 PM
675.00 for it for our 08 x2

rodecker1978
03-09-2008, 09:15 PM
Theoneandonly,
Is there an online source for the X2 roadable cover you got? Got any pics? Did you get it through your dealer?

Thanks man.

TheOneandOnly
03-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Rod- we only got the stock MC cover, im not sure what your talking about roadable?
Cover is nice to have, of course we'll keep ours inside our garage, its nice to keep unwanted animals, water, dust, sun if storing outside out, etc...

rodecker1978
03-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Rod- we only got the stock MC cover, im not sure what your talking about roadable?
Cover is nice to have, of course we'll keep ours inside our garage, its nice to keep unwanted animals, water, dust, sun if storing outside out, etc...
Sorry for the confusion. Didn't you get a cover that came with your boat at no extra cost? In regards to the cover that you bought, is it a snug fit so that it will not blow around and damage the boat while traveling with boat on trailer?

Thanks much.

TheOneandOnly
03-09-2008, 10:14 PM
Notta problem--no we ordered our boat as such everything was al acart... You paid for the cover it might just not been wrote outright.

The cover is tight and very snug, ive herd both arguments on to not use it and those that do use it when towing, if there are parts that look like they'll rub I would put something under it to prevent it from flapping...

We have yet to get some real towing experiences with it yet, ill know soon though (can wait :) Maybe some MC guru can hone in.

rodecker1978
03-09-2008, 11:14 PM
Ahh ok. Thanks man. Got any pics of cover on boat? Is it a quality cover in your opinion?

kev88
03-09-2008, 11:38 PM
I've towed several times with mine without problems.....

rodecker1978
03-10-2008, 12:58 AM
I've towed several times with mine without problems.....
Kev88 - Thanks man. You are talking about the standard black MC cover that has MasterCraft in the windshield area of the cover? I believe this is the only cover that MC offers with their boats right? Just trying to be sure that this is in fact the cover that I have coming with my boat.

Thanks much fellas.