PDA

View Full Version : Need trailer help

lazypiper
03-09-2008, 12:59 PM
I'm ordering a new galvanized trailer for a 2001 xstar. Does anyone here have experience with an after market type of trailer. I'm looking at a Tidewater trailer. They say they have to get adjustable brackets for the bunks,do to being an inboard. My question is are they going to just lift the boat to the point that the prop fits over the trailer? Or do they modify the back of the trailer for the prop? This is the trailer spec. 21' -23' TPT4400D2 4400lb 205 X 14C 96" axle type Torsion Disc-2 It's a tandem axle. They said I should go with the 4400lb trailer so I get 14" tires anything smaller would give me 13" wheels. here is there site http://tidewatertrailers.com/page6.html the trailer is under Float On Pivot Bunk Trailers. the spec on the 2001 xstar is
Length: 20' 7"/6.27 m
Add For Platform: 19"/0.48 m
Width Amidship: 90"/2.29 m
Boat Weight (Approx.): 3050 LBS/1383.5 KG

If anyone has pictures of what an inboard might look like on this that would be great.

Thanks
Kevin

1boarder
03-09-2008, 02:26 PM
I went with Phoenix trailers. See my profile pic on this link. http://www.wakeworld.com/cgi-bin/Discus4/board-profile.cgi?action=view_profile&profile=1boarder_kevin-users

It is alluminum and galvinized and I am very happy with it. I upgraded it with prop guard with rollers, boat buddy.

Jerseydave
03-09-2008, 02:56 PM
I went with Phoenix trailers. See my profile pic on this link. http://www.wakeworld.com/cgi-bin/Discus4/board-profile.cgi?action=view_profile&profile=1boarder_kevin-users

It is alluminum and galvinized and I am very happy with it. I upgraded it with prop guard with rollers, boat buddy.

1boarder, really nice looking trailer! Hey lazypiper, that's what I would look into. Alum. I-beam trailers are lighter that galvanized. I've had 2 Loadrite alum. I-beam trailers in the past (for my I/O's) and they are really nice. Check with loadrite and see if they make a v-drive trailer.
www.loadrite.com

I really like that Phoenix, how much was that 1boarder?

1boarder
03-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Rougly 5500 with led lights, spare tire, boat buddy, prop guard with rollers, folding tounge.

The rumor is Phoenix makes the jigs for MC trailers, but I don't know. The boat and trailer were shipped together from MC

lazypiper
03-09-2008, 03:20 PM
I talked to Sterling about an I beam trailer. Ryan said not for an inboard. I was surprised when i saw that picture. Nice boat BTW. I see your from SC any chance on seeing that X2 at Brostock this summer. I got a price MUCH lower then that about 3100 leds, brakes all around, guide poles. Do you think you save that much on fuel going with alum? I only do a couple of long pulls a year. Otherwise its less then a mile to the ramp.

Jerseydave
03-09-2008, 11:00 PM
That Tidewater trailer looks to be built pretty well. Quality axles and brakes, LED lights. Funny how both Tidewater and Loadrite are both built in Fairless Hills, PA (about 20 mins. from me)

Whatever you go with, try to get a prop guard on it. Also I think your X-star has tracking fins, so make sure the trailer will accept those.
You'll be towing down to Brostock in style! :D