PDA

View Full Version : Killing of Auburn student

atlfootr
03-09-2008, 10:11 AM
What a waste of a life! ... :mad:
This could of been your Sister and or Daughter.
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/03/08/auburn.student/

Police arrest man in killing of Auburn student, IMHO the general public should frigg'n lynch the S.O.B! :mad:

He did nearly everything to her but rape her, if that's NOT enough reason then WTH is :mad:

trickskier
03-09-2008, 10:31 AM
What's wrong with kids today? These two girls were in 7th Grade!!!

School 'Death List' Gets Girls Suspended

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Two students were recently suspended from a Westside Catholic school after a death list naming other students and teachers was found in a backpack.

The accused students, both of them girls, attend Sacred Heart School on Blanding Boulevard.

School officials on Thursday sent out letters to parents saying that the girls made a list of students who were bullying them and teachers they didn't like. Next to the names were dates of when each person should die.

trickskier
03-09-2008, 10:32 AM
I agree with you 100% Footr!!!

coz
03-09-2008, 10:35 AM
What a waste! ... :mad:

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/03/08/auburn.student/
Police arrest man in killing of Auburn student, IMHO (they) the general public should frigg'n lench the S.O.B! :mad:

Damn right they should linch the SOB this is all real scary if you have daughters. Unfortunatley our family was affected in this same way. :mad: A good friend of my families niece was the girl from Reno that was taken in the middle of the night right from her house. This sh** is becoming to common, Brianna's story doesn't have a happy ending.
Here's a link to the story.
http://movingoutmovingon.bloghi.com/tag/Brianna

atlfootr
03-09-2008, 10:36 AM
Well thanks Trick, your the first.
Not so sure how the "mods" will respond to my freedom of FREE SPEECH.

Covi
03-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Good old fashion stoning! I'll take the first toss!

TMCNo1
03-09-2008, 10:38 AM
And the murder and robbery of the UNC Chapel Hill Student Body President, Eve Carson, you don't even want to get me started on that!
http://www.nbc17.com/midatlantic/ncn/news.apx.-content-articles-NCN-2008-03-05-0002.html

trickskier
03-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Well thanks Trick, your the first.
Not so sure how the "mods" will respond to my freedom of FREE SPEECH.
I don't see anything there but the "TRUTH"!!!

atlfootr
03-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Damn right they should linch the SOB this is all real scary if you have daughters.
Unfortunatley our family was affected in this same way. :mad:

Here's a link to the story.
http://movingoutmovingon.bloghi.com/tag/Brianna

Coz,
I'm really :( to hear about that, it made the news all the down here near Orlando as well ...

ShamrockIV
03-09-2008, 10:49 AM
lynching might be too good for that guy!!
to answer footer i think kids these days have it too good. nobody can take any kinda dissappoinment or hurt feelings!! if they were subjected to even the kinda abuse we give one another on here on a daily basis they want to kill some body, D@MN!! man what ever happened to going behind the school and whipping each others @sses. then u were over it the next day and things were normal???? when u do not disclipline ur kids this is what happens!! what wouls have happened to us if we tried this kids $hit?? man my dad would have dang near beat me to death!!! fear is a string motivator!!!!

can i get an AMEN??

atlfootr
03-09-2008, 10:50 AM
And the murder and robbery of the UNC Chapel Hill Student Body President, Eve Carson, you don't even want to get me started on that!
http://www.nbc17.com/midatlantic/ncn/news.apx.-content-articles-NCN-2008-03-05-0002.html

I hear ya LOUD 'n CLEAR TMC#1 ...
Nor is she forgotten ither, I was going to add her here next.
Thanks for do'n it ... prayers go out to her family and friends.
:(

LKNMC
03-09-2008, 10:53 AM
they should put this guy in the express lane on death row

coz
03-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Coz,
I'm really :( to hear about that, it made the news all the down here near Orlando as well ...

Thanks atlfootr, is guess it's good we didn't know her personally but her aunt & uncle we've known since high school and still included in all the family gatherings so we were affected, truly a tragedy. It just puts my gaurd up higher for MY daughter and she probably will be packing a piece when she's in college or sooner, no kidding.!:mad:

Trent 197
03-09-2008, 11:08 AM
College is one of the best times of you life. It sickens me that this scum took that away from her, for what? Who knows.

atlfootr
03-09-2008, 11:34 AM
It's probably a good thing that the cops found him first, before any "good 'ole boys" from Alabama including any brother's she may of had came out look'n for that guy on a dark Saturday night :rolleyes:

uawaterskier
03-09-2008, 07:35 PM
im glad they found that guy and I hope he rots in hell

TMCNo1
03-09-2008, 08:53 PM
I hear ya LOUD 'n CLEAR TMC#1 ...
Nor is she forgotten ither, I was going to add her here next.
Thanks for do'n it ... prayers go out to her family and friends.
:(

It's my undertanding, according to various news reports, law enforcement is in overdrive around NC and a massive manhunt is on, trying to find this guy. I hope he takes himself out, saving the taxpayers a bunch of money instead of a long trial and or someone else getting into trouble killing him.

lanier92prostar
03-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Our society is going to crap. No values or morals. I agree with all the posts, death row will be too easy for both of these sick sob's. I hope it changes before my daughters get older, or they won't leave my sight! School shootings are up, now these two cases. Don't even get me started with some of things I see and hear from middle school kids in an affluent area.

D3skier
03-09-2008, 09:34 PM
It's probably a good thing that the cops found him first, before any "good 'ole boys" from Alabama including any brother's she may of had came out look'n for that guy on a dark Saturday night :rolleyes:

from what I heard on Carolina news tonight they said it will probably be a year before he even goes to court and a good possibility he'll get the death penalty....

lanier92prostar
03-09-2008, 09:35 PM
It's my undertanding, according to various news reports, law enforcement is in overdrive around NC and a massive manhunt is on, trying to find this guy. I hope he takes himself out, saving the taxpayers a bunch of money instead of a long trial and or someone else getting into trouble killing him.

If he doesn't take himself out, maybe law enforcement should. Anyone remember Brian Nichols down here in Atlanta? If the media hadn't been present for the arrest, I am sure the cops would have taken him out.

lanier92prostar
03-09-2008, 09:36 PM
from what I heard on Carolina news tonight they said it will probably be a year before he even goes to court and a good possibility he'll get the death penalty....

Meanwhile, the taxpayers are paying his attourny's fees, feeding him, and supporting him. What a crock:mad: :mad:

RK@UST
03-09-2008, 09:44 PM
I agree , but in my opinion, a lot of the times , the method of execution is too quick and final.
For the ones who choose to do this, I think , drag it on , let them feel the pain, for a long time. Put them through something where they have to say, I understand now what it must feel like to have been my victim. It was their choice at the time of the crime , now pay;.
It may sound harsh, but I tell you what, if it was my daughter, I pitty the person who CHOSE to do it.

lanier92prostar
03-09-2008, 09:48 PM
I agree , but in my opinion, a lot of the times , the method of execution is too quick and final.
For the ones who choose to do this, I think , drag it on , let them feel the pain, for a long time. Put them through something where they have to say, I understand now what it must feel like to have been my victim. It was their choice at the time of the crime , now pay;.
It may sound harsh, but I tell you what, if it was my daughter, I pitty the person who CHOSE to do it.

I agree!! Sitting on death row for years on taxpayers money and then the execution is painless!! Give me a break. Tougher penalties that were ENFORCED quickly to those proven guilty might make someone think twice about doing some of the horrible things we are seeing today. I am not THAT old (42), but I don't remember this stuff happening when I was in college.

stuartmcnair
03-09-2008, 09:53 PM
make no mistake, this guy will not have a good life in prison...I would imagine a few guards giving out "favors" to some inmates to take out a little revenge on this guy. He might end up in the wrong block a few times with some guys who have been needing a little something for a while...prison guards are not all that nice to murderers and rapists

lanier92prostar
03-09-2008, 10:00 PM
make no mistake, this guy will not have a good life in prison...I would imagine a few guards giving out "favors" to some inmates to take out a little revenge on this guy. He might end up in the wrong block a few times with some guys who have been needing a little something for a while...prison guards are not all that nice to murderers and rapists
I hope that is case with these two cases. It just upsets me when I see bad things happen to kids. We had the hiking case in the NE GA mountains just happen and they found the evidence 5 miles from my house. School shootings, the case at Auburn and UNC and other recently around the country has sometimes gotten me thinking as the what kind of world I have brought my kids into:confused:

D3skier
03-09-2008, 10:14 PM
it definitely makes me think how bad are things going to get once my 2 year old gets to college? These days you see barely dressed women on regular tv, swearing and things you would never had imagined from the 80's it really makes you wonder where these kids are coming up with these crazy ideas and actually going through with it....

lanier92prostar
03-09-2008, 10:18 PM
it definitely makes me think how bad are things going to get once my 2 year old gets to college? These days you see barely dressed women on regular tv, swearing and things you would never had imagined from the 80's it really makes you wonder where these kids are coming up with these crazy ideas and actually going through with it....

We were talking about this the other day at school. The kids these days are pretty immune to it. They don't see anything wrong with nudity, profanity, violence because they see it all the time on TV, movies, music, and video games.

atlfootr
03-10-2008, 08:56 AM
I jus this second pulled this off the top local Atlanta AM Radio Station's Website ... http://wsbradio.com/

WSB's Top Stories

http://wsbradio.com/images/localnews/carson_eve.jpg 2nd Suspect? (http://wsbradio.com/news/031008evecarson3a.html)
(WSB Radio) -- A published report says a second person may have been in the vehicle driven by a man trying to use Eve Carson's ATM card.

Athens mourners remember (http://wsbradio.com/news/030908mourncarson.html)

Police release photos of suspect (http://wsbradio.com/news/030708uncshoot3a.html) http://wsbradio.com/images/frontpage/camera.jpg
Chapel Hill Police update case http://wsbradio.com/images/frontpage/audio_icon.gif (http://www.streamaudio.com/listen/cox.asp?station=wsb_am&streamtype=archiveaudio&optin=no&filename=030808chapelhill.asf)

http://wsbradio.com/images/localnews/burkphoto1.jpg Slain Auburn Freshman Remembered (http://wsbradio.com/news/030908burkfuneral.html)
(WSB Radio/AP) -- A rabbi urged mourners at the funeral of Lauren Burk to turn their anger into something positive.
Suspect charged with murder (http://wsbradio.com/news/030708burkmurder3a.html)

ShamrockIV
03-10-2008, 08:59 AM

actually they do not mind people that kill and rape adults!! but if u kill or rape kids then u must be kept isolated!!

atlfootr
03-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Just heard on WSB Radio, that this "Scumbag" has an afternoon court appearance in front of an Alabama Judge :mad:

Hope to hell they proceed to eliminate him as fast as they setup a court hearimg FOR HIM ... talk about "the wheels of Justice" !

wakeX2wake
03-10-2008, 10:11 AM
lynching might be too good for that guy!!
to answer footer i think kids these days have it too good. nobody can take any kinda dissappoinment or hurt feelings!! if they were subjected to even the kinda abuse we give one another on here on a daily basis they want to kill some body, D@MN!! man what ever happened to going behind the school and whipping each others @sses. then u were over it the next day and things were normal???? when u do not disclipline ur kids this is what happens!! what wouls have happened to us if we tried this kids $hit?? man my dad would have dang near beat me to death!!! fear is a string motivator!!!!

can i get an AMEN??

AMEN!!! except my dad would have beat me to death... i can't tell you how many times i heard this growing up... i'll be 25 next month and i heard it last week as a matter of fact... my dad would look me right in the face and tell me that he brought me into this world and he could take me out

stuartmcnair
03-10-2008, 10:34 AM
actually they do not mind people that kill and rape adults!! but if u kill or rape kids then u must be kept isolated!!

oh yes they do...I've known a few prison guards...some bad stories

rspiecha
03-10-2008, 01:57 PM
I have fond memories of Auburn. It's hard to believe that this type of violence is showing up there.

stuartmcnair
03-10-2008, 03:29 PM
these people make me sick...

Can't they just leave people alone? (http://www.oanow.com/oan/news/local/article/protesters_picketers_gather_at_burks_funeral/7684/)

TMCNo1
03-10-2008, 05:12 PM
If anyone sees this guy using a teller machine, let law enforcement in NC know, he's shown here using Eve Carsons bank card,

flipper
03-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Here's the part that gets me....

He killed this young girl, for no reason. He has been caught, and hopefully will be "punished". He didn't take into consideration her life, or the others that remain to suffer. He didn't care what she felt, thought, or any of that.

So, why is it that the death penalty has to be so nice and comfortable for the one being executed? Who care if they suffer as they go? They didn't seem to care when they did their crime!!!!

flipper
03-10-2008, 05:30 PM

Exactly!!!!!

stuartmcnair
03-10-2008, 05:56 PM
the family of the victim should decide the punishment...I would choose something to the effect of being thrown off a boat with an anchor stapled to his nuts with fishhooks on his eyes tied to the buoy..

yes, I have a daughter and yes, I have thought about it...

flipper
03-10-2008, 06:04 PM
the family of the victim should decide the punishment...I would choose something to the effect of being thrown off a boat with an anchor stapled to his nuts with fishhooks on his eyes tied to the buoy..

yes, I have a daughter and yes, I have thought about it...

I was thinking along the same lines, only being drug behind a pick up, down a dirt road, going about 30, and just when it can't get any worse, go over a spike strip.

Bruce
03-10-2008, 06:22 PM
I have fond memories of Auburn. It's hard to believe that this type of violence is showing up there.

You are right it is hard to believe on a campus like Auburn. My daughter graduated from there and we made a lot of football games, hung out with some old fraternity brothers etc. Lots of great memories
Maybe instead of wrapping Toomers corner we wrap this guy(I am thinking barbwire) and give everyone who comes buy a rock.(make him a rock star).
WAR EAGLE !!

TMCNo1
03-10-2008, 07:03 PM
If anyone sees this guy using a teller machine, let law enforcement in NC know, he's shown here using Eve Carsons bank card,

6 pm press conference, now the Chapel Hill, NC police have video of the same guy using Eve Carson's bank card again at a ATM at a Convenience Store somewhere in the area, in the last day or two and they are keeping it quiet for now. No more press conferences till a major development. I think the dogs have a scent!

milkmania
03-11-2008, 12:19 PM
I've said it before.....
when the judge hands down the death sentence, his next words should be "see the executioner on your way out".

it would stop this bullsh it!:mad::mad:

TMCNo1
03-12-2008, 05:51 PM
Suspect charged in UNC student's death; second sought.

(CNN) -- One suspect has been charged and police are hunting for another in connection with the killing of University of North Carolina student Eve Carson, police said Wednesday.
Investigators released this colorized image of a man trying to use Eve Carson's card at an ATM.
Demario James Atwater, 21, was arrested early Wednesday at a residence in Durham.
He faces a charge of first-degree murder in Carson's death, police said.
A second suspect, Lawrence Alvin Lovett Jr., 17, is being sought in Carson's death, police said.
He also faces a first-degree murder charge.
Police believe Lovett was the man seen in a photo trying to use Carson's card at an ATM, CNN affiliate WRAL reported.
He could be armed and dangerous, police told the station.
Earlier Wednesday, CNN affiliate WTVD showed video of police dragging a man in handcuffs out of a house and placing him in a squad car, then taking him out of the car at another location.
Carson, 22, was found shot to death about 5 a.m. March 5.

Latest news, The second subjest is holding up in a nearby house and the SWAT Team is on the scene!

lanier92prostar
03-12-2008, 10:28 PM
He better hope the media is there with cameras or he will not get out of that house alive. I hope he doesn't hold his hands high enough when he does come out, anything to give SWAT a reason.

TMCNo1
03-13-2008, 09:38 AM
Second suspect now in custody,

HILLSBOROUGH, N.C.(AP) The second suspect charged with murdering the University of North Carolina student body president surrendered peacefully to police early Thursday, authorities said.
Lawrence Alvin Lovette Jr., 17, was arrested by Durham patrol and SWAT officers several hours after they surrounded a home where he was hiding, said Durham police Lt. Robert McLaughlin Jr. Authorities had received an anonymous tip that Lovette was in the house, McLaughlin said.
Lovette and Demario James Atwater, 21, of Durham, are both charged with first-degree murder in Eve Carson's death. The 22-year-old from Athens, Ga., was found lying on a street about a mile from the Chapel Hill campus on March 5. She had been shot several times, including once in the right temple.
Atwater was arrested early Wednesday as he left another home in Durham that police had placed under surveillance after receiving a tip. He later made an initial court appearance in Hillsborough.
Shackled at the ankles and waist, and with a public defender at his side, Atwater only whispered "yes" when asked if he understood the charges against him. He appeared to have a wound and a bruise on his right cheek at his court appearance. Chapel Hill Police Chief Brian Curran said officers had taken him to a hospital as "part of the evidence collection" process.
Atwater was ordered held without bond on a charge of first-degree murder. His next court date was set for March 24.

TMCNo1
04-03-2008, 06:20 AM
Second suspect now in custody,

HILLSBOROUGH, N.C.(AP) The second suspect charged with murdering the University of North Carolina student body president surrendered peacefully to police early Thursday, authorities said.
Lawrence Alvin Lovette Jr., 17, was arrested by Durham patrol and SWAT officers several hours after they surrounded a home where he was hiding, said Durham police Lt. Robert McLaughlin Jr. Authorities had received an anonymous tip that Lovette was in the house, McLaughlin said.
Lovette and Demario James Atwater, 21, of Durham, are both charged with first-degree murder in Eve Carson's death. The 22-year-old from Athens, Ga., was found lying on a street about a mile from the Chapel Hill campus on March 5. She had been shot several times, including once in the right temple.
Atwater was arrested early Wednesday as he left another home in Durham that police had placed under surveillance after receiving a tip. He later made an initial court appearance in Hillsborough.
Shackled at the ankles and waist, and with a public defender at his side, Atwater only whispered "yes" when asked if he understood the charges against him. He appeared to have a wound and a bruise on his right cheek at his court appearance. Chapel Hill Police Chief Brian Curran said officers had taken him to a hospital as "part of the evidence collection" process.
Atwater was ordered held without bond on a charge of first-degree murder. His next court date was set for March 24.

After a investigation, one of the killers probation officer had a police record herself, had never been trained for the job, had 127 cases to look after and had never been in touch with the person during his probation. 3 senior probation supervisors have been disciplined over the matter. Our judicial system and tax money at work!