PDA

View Full Version : Sirius Tuner for an 06 197

pflcjl
03-08-2008, 06:52 PM
I have an 06 197 with a clarion sirius ready unit (I think it's a CMD4). I purchased the sirius tuner last year SIR-CL3 and it konked out after one day (kept locking up). Now I need to replace and I see that they have a new universal tuner in two units; one called the SC-C1 which is the universal and the other is called CLA-SC1 which interfaces the universal tuner with the clarion CMD4 head unit.

Question: Anybody have any experience with the new two piece unit? Thanks.....

Yellow X9
03-08-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm an authorized distributor for Sirius, the SC-C1 at the moment is on temp back order. Unless you happen to find one at a local stereo shop or chain store. They will be back avilable in April

Both units work well with each other, got the same set-up on my X9

pflcjl
03-08-2008, 11:50 PM
thanks......wo you recommend the Sc-c1?

OhioProstar
03-09-2008, 10:47 AM
I had the same problem with my CL3. If you pull the CeNet cable off/on it would come back on for a while. When I moved the unit to a cooler spot it seemed to correct the issue. It would go into a "locking signal" loop.

pflcjl
03-09-2008, 12:00 PM
I had mine mounted just below the stereo amplifier! Maybe that was the problem. Thanks, when I replace it, I will mount it elswhere. Wondering if I should go with the newer two piece version or not. You can get refurbished SIR-CL3 on ebay for 29 bucks?

Andyg
03-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Unless there is some added features with the new model I would buy the older version on ebay. I have had the SIR-CL3 hooked up on my boat for about a year and have problems with it on occasion. The problem was that the CNET cord would become partially unplug from the back of the radio. Once I supported the CNET cable better it wasn't a problem anymore.