PDA

View Full Version : Interior suggestions

manny34711
03-08-2008, 04:59 PM
I park my boat (2000 X-star) outside covered up pretty nice, in a safe place all year round. I had it sitting over the winter, so lets say.... it sat for a good 5 months. I checked it out today for the first time this year and I was hurt from what I saw..... The cover was damaged so yes... you guessed it... My bilge, and my center ski locker were completely filled. Plus on top of that... another 10-12" of water above the floor. In other words.... It was pretty bad. I opened the engine compartment and there was about 7-10" of water in there as well. I don't know what to expect from this point on... Last season I got my 100 hour service plus my transmission seals replaced. Since then I drove the boat about 75 hours. The water is all gone but the smell, mold, and stains all remain. I tried to turn over the engine and it started up after 6-7 turns. I immediately turned it off after.

I want to get my baby ready for this season. What do you guys recommend after all of this? So far this is what I have planned:

1. Obviously clean it back to top-notch condition, in and out.
2. Oil change
3. Fill up the tank and add some fuel inj cleaner and give it a run.
4. clean the bilge pump w/ some soap and water.
5. and most importantly.... get a NEW, outdoor approved cover. What do you guys recommend? Sunbrella?

Any tips are appreciated. Thanks!

6ballsisall
03-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Don't forget to change the trans fluid too!