PDA

View Full Version : Willie Nelson was Stoned!

east tx skier
03-07-2008, 03:19 PM
Discuss ...

Austin (AFP) 4:20 p.m.- High on Whiskey River, Willie Nelson was on psychedelic drugs when he filed his tax return in 1992, Captain Obvious claimed in a study rolled up and ignited with a sulfur preparation earlier this week.

Such mind-altering substances formed an integral part of his work, Ben Dover, a professor of cognitive psychology at Southwestern University wrote in the men’s room of Stubb’s BBQ on Red River in Austin.

“As far Willie on Whiskey River is concerned, it was undoubtedly a cosmic event, which was unbelievable man, or a legend, which he certainly is, or finally, and this is very probable, an event that joined Willie and the people of Austin under the effect of narcotics," Dover told UT Public radio on Tuesday.

Willie was probably also on drugs when he, often called the “Redheaded Stranger” saw the "burning bush," in the mirror one morning when he stepped out of the shower, suggested Dover, who said he himself was high at the time he wrote the article.

"The Austin Chronicle says people see sounds, and that is a classic phenomenon," Dover said citing the example of a Grateful Dead show he saw in ‘72. He then went on for a good forty-five minutes about how great Donna Jean Godshal was.

He mentioned his own experience when he used Ecstacy and cat tranquilizers, during a bender in Austin’s warehouse district. "I experienced visions that had spiritual-religious connotations," Dover said. “But I’ve never been high like Willie,” he cautioned.

He said the psychedelic effects of Ecstasy were comparable to those produced by concoctions based on drinking directly from Town Lake, the city’s water source. He declined to mention the signs all along the lake instructing people not to do so.

Dover concluded that he was not certain how the article became about him, when it was supposed to be about Willie.

Purely satire in case anyone missed it.

shepherd
03-07-2008, 03:28 PM
I obviously need to get stoned because I have no idea what they are saying. UMP, don't bogart!!! :mad:

flipper
03-07-2008, 03:32 PM
That's funny ETS....I don't care who ya are.....that's funny

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-07-2008, 03:38 PM
I obviously need to get stoned because I have no idea what they are saying. UMP, don't bogart!!! :mad:

what?? (cough, cough, cough) did you say something? (holds breath)

Ric
03-07-2008, 05:00 PM
I obviously need to get stoned because I have no idea what they are saying. UMP, don't bogart!!! :mad: That's definitely Austinspeak

Harvey
03-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Puff, Puff GIVE.....Man! Pass that $hit!

I HEARD THE BURRITOS OUT IN CALIFORNIA
COULD FLY HIGHER THAN THE BIRDS
ROGER MCGINNIS HAD A TWELVE-STRING GUITAR
IT WAS LIKE NOTHING I'D EVER HEARD

tex
03-07-2008, 06:15 PM
Stubbs Rocks!

Slinkyredfoot
03-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Moses and now Willie Nelson, what the heck is going on in this world?? I guess people are gonna tell me now that John Lennon, Timothy Leary, and Slinkyredfoot are stonies. I am truly conflicted:confused:

Ric
03-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Puff, Puff GIVE.....Man! Pass that $hit!

I HEARD THE BURRITOS OUT IN CALIFORNIA
COULD FLY HIGHER THAN THE BIRDS
ROGER MCGINNIS HAD A TWELVE-STRING GUITAR
IT WAS LIKE NOTHING I'D EVER HEARD And in Texas the talk turned to outlaws. Like Willie, Waylon and Me.

03-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Willie .

Ric
03-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Dude .

03 35th Anniversary
03-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Oh no not Willie too...........

Willie Smoked Dope??????

Say it ain't so!!!!!!!!!!

Monte
03-07-2008, 10:49 PM
Puffed??!!

ProTour X9
03-08-2008, 07:32 AM
Way to be satirical ETS!! Funny stuff! Willie was alright... (http://youtube.com/watch?v=EeZ1-d1wFAs)

TMCNo1
03-08-2008, 08:38 AM
Oh no not Willie too...........

Willie Smoked Dope??????

Say it ain't so!!!!!!!!!!

But did he inhale? Just think, he could have been President of these here United States!:confused: :D

snork
03-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Even Billary Clinton partakes. Pardon me, no, that not a National Treasure.

TMCNo1
03-08-2008, 11:41 AM
I think Johnny Cash was stoned, when he helped me get out of prison!

Ric
03-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Long before rodriquez stole that goat

TMCNo1
03-08-2008, 11:51 AM
:uglyhamme :uglyhamme

Ric
03-10-2008, 05:27 PM
My stoned thread is gone?

TX.X-30 fan
03-10-2008, 06:05 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrPu2ZebbtQ&feature=related

Ric
03-12-2008, 08:48 AM
For the record, I've never been stoned.

Ric
03-12-2008, 08:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrPu2ZebbtQ&feature=related what was it ?

TX.X-30 fan
03-12-2008, 09:23 AM
what was it ?

I don't have a clue, :confused: lets try this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9udp5JL5VNc

Ric
04-18-2008, 11:21 AM
Press release at 4:20

Discuss ...

Austin (AFP) 4:20 p.m.- High on Whiskey River, Willie Nelson was on psychedelic drugs when he filed his tax return in 1992, Captain Obvious claimed in a study rolled up and ignited with a sulfur preparation earlier this week.

Such mind-altering substances formed an integral part of his work, Ben Dover, a professor of cognitive psychology at Southwestern University wrote in the men’s room of Stubb’s BBQ on Red River in Austin.

“As far Willie on Whiskey River is concerned, it was undoubtedly a cosmic event, which was unbelievable man, or a legend, which he certainly is, or finally, and this is very probable, an event that joined Willie and the people of Austin under the effect of narcotics," Dover told UT Public radio on Tuesday.

Willie was probably also on drugs when he, often called the “Redheaded Stranger” saw the "burning bush," in the mirror one morning when he stepped out of the shower, suggested Dover, who said he himself was high at the time he wrote the article.

"The Austin Chronicle says people see sounds, and that is a classic phenomenon," Dover said citing the example of a Grateful Dead show he saw in ‘72. He then went on for a good forty-five minutes about how great Donna Jean Godshal was.

He mentioned his own experience when he used Ecstacy and cat tranquilizers, during a bender in Austin’s warehouse district. "I experienced visions that had spiritual-religious connotations," Dover said. “But I’ve never been high like Willie,” he cautioned.

He said the psychedelic effects of Ecstasy were comparable to those produced by concoctions based on drinking directly from Town Lake, the city’s water source. He declined to mention the signs all along the lake instructing people not to do so.

Dover concluded that he was not certain how the article became about him, when it was supposed to be about Willie.

Purely satire in case anyone missed it.

04-18-2008, 11:22 AM
so who's gettin' stoned this sunday?

Ric
04-18-2008, 11:23 AM
Is sodar headed to a wine tasting?

coz
04-18-2008, 11:36 AM
so who's gettin' stoned this sunday?

I ain't waiting till sunday, I'm primed right now :D no joke!

Ric
04-18-2008, 12:57 PM
I ain't waiting till sunday, I'm primed right now :D no joke! oh I believe you don't worry