PDA

View Full Version : Ski Dim is the best!

6ballsisall
03-29-2005, 11:37 AM
Just placed an order thru Ski Dim for an impeller, pitot tubes, Thermostat, and a whole bunch of other stuff. They are the best! There services is absolutely impecable and Vince is awesome on the tech questions! They have my business for good! :)

JEREMY79
03-29-2005, 11:39 AM
I really like them too. I was in a bind once on a customers boat. They had the part I need here the next morning at 8:30!!! And didnt even charge me extra. I buy everything I can from them.

jsonova99
03-29-2005, 11:58 AM
I have nothing but good to say about SKIDIM. Every engine related part I have bought I have bought from them, and it always gets to me quickly. They are also great when it comes to technical questions.

jimmer2880
03-31-2005, 09:31 AM
I have bought lots of parts from them. The thing that is number 1 in my book is that they NEVER shipped a part that didn't fit my boat!They get it right the first time! I can't say that for ANY other company I have ordered from.

BriEOD
03-31-2005, 09:38 AM
Here, here...

6ballsisall
05-11-2005, 01:50 PM
I had to give Skidim another plug. They have to be the best company in the industry to deal with. I talked with Richard yesterday about my distributor problem (not purchased thru them) and he spent about 20 minutes on the phone with me helping me diagnose the problems and voila! It is fixed! He even told me the parts I needed he didn't have in stock and referred me to a place to get them quicker!! Now thats honesty and service!!

Secondly, I called them today ( I think they know me by first name now :D ) and ordered all new hoses for my 86'. Richard didn't even have to open up any manuals and within about 30 seconds told me exactly what I needed. Parts ordered and shipped today, great price, awesome service!!

I wish more businesses (industry and non boating industry specific) would emulate the level of service and integrity this organization has.

jsonova99
05-11-2005, 02:04 PM
I wish more businesses (industry and non boating industry specific) would emulate the level of service and integrity this organization has.

I've found that places that specialize in parts for hobbies like this are usually very good. As a Land Rover enthusiast, I've found a few places that give you the same treatment. I think it's because the people that run places like this are just like you. :twocents:

6ballsisall
05-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Good point JS. I know there are some other good peeps on here that run enthusiast businesses. For the most part I think you are right, from a business perspective they almost have to be probably. The sphere of influence is small and word travels fast! (I.E. H20girls ordeal prime example!)

Cousin_Jeff
05-11-2005, 02:09 PM
Those guys are awesome. Fortunately I have not needed parts since we purchased a new boat but when I had the 84 Prostar I had them on my speed dial. Those guys not only diagnosed that I need a new damper plate, they got on the phone with me and talked me through the replacement process! That was a lengthy call as I had to lift the motor and seperate it from the drive shaft.

I recommend them to anyone in need a boating part.

School Skier
05-11-2005, 04:32 PM
SKIDIM is a great place for parts but I wish they had an 800 number!

peason
05-11-2005, 05:46 PM
Ditto - called Skidim all the time when I had my '84 Nautique. Great Service, Great Knowledge, Great people.

Crash
05-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Ditto - They've been excellent to deal with especially with technical issues.

Sledneck
05-11-2005, 08:33 PM
I can't say enough good things about SKIDIM either... One of the few that actually ship properly to Canada! They have even sent a next day to me on a Thursday afternoon (didn't want to miss the week-end) they got it to me Friday by 2:30p..! :worthy: