PDA

View Full Version : More Regulations

Prostar Rich
03-06-2008, 07:56 PM
Got my home owners lake association newsletter today & in the newsletter there are going to be changing some of the boating ordinances. The new regualtions for my lake are as follows:

1) Night time speed limit is set at 10 MPH effective 7 days a week.
2) A top speed limit of 50 MPH during daylight hours on weekends &
holidays from memorial day through labor day
3) Limiting the hours for water skiing, aquaplaning or similiar activities
during the week from sunrise to sunset except on Saturdays,
Sundays & holidays when the hours for waterskiing commence at
9:00 AM
4) Increase fines for Town Ordinance Violations, minimums & maximums
& extend the penalties for repeat offenders.

While these new regulations are for safety which I am all for I hope this isn't the tip of the iceberg for things to come.

You guys with lake houses that have home owners associations facing the same type of thing?

Prostar Rich

88 PS190
03-06-2008, 08:03 PM
we are on a very large lake w/o hours.

But its a real problem, plus 9 AM is late enough in the day for the wally's to be out.

I'd seek an allowance for organized activity.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Was your home owners association stoned when they brought those 4 commandments?

roddydog
03-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Great big lake, far enough away from the Hwy. to keep the idjit's out. Ski when you want, swim when you want and get warned when the cops are on the lake (Maybe 2x a year).

shepherd
03-06-2008, 11:27 PM
Was your home owners association stoned when they brought those 4 commandments?

:uglyhamme Probably not. And that's the problem IMO! 8p People need to chill, man

flipper
03-07-2008, 09:29 AM
That 9am thing sucks!!!! That should only be for tubers.

captain planet
03-07-2008, 09:38 AM
That 9am thing sucks!!!! That should only be for tubers.
I agree, you should fight that 9am thing. :mad:

Prostar Rich
03-07-2008, 01:00 PM
I agree, you should fight that 9am thing. :mad:

I have gone to the association meetings and these changes are already set in stone. The lake size is 1000 acres and naturally there are more people as well as boats from the outside that people trailer. It's a fine line being homeowner who wants to keep the lake traffic down but this is a public lake not a private lake. The public has the right to use this asset. The only public access is two DNR boat ramps. I just don't want to see these regulation changes start to snowball.

Prostar Rich

Roonie's
03-07-2008, 01:28 PM
All the lakes around me are no wake zones until noon 12:00. No loud music till noon as well until sunset. That is fine because that is when the fisherman are usually heading back in and they free up the parking lots.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-07-2008, 01:50 PM
I have gone to the association meetings and these changes are already set in stone. The lake size is 1000 acres and naturally there are more people as well as boats from the outside that people trailer. It's a fine line being homeowner who wants to keep the lake traffic down but this is a public lake not a private lake. The public has the right to use this asset. The only public access is two DNR boat ramps. I just don't want to see these regulation changes start to snowball.

Prostar Rich
Were they stoned when you got there?

ShamrockIV
03-07-2008, 01:52 PM
0900??????? man that is time to be ready for lunch and a nap!!!!

Hollywood
03-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Prostar Rich, Ronnie

What lakes (or alteast state if you don't want to answer) are you guys on?

wakeX2wake
03-07-2008, 02:34 PM
well you can look at it this way... you've got plenty of time in the mornings to get the sacs full and get everythnig you're going to need on the dock (i'm accustomed to a fairly long walk to the dock where there is an outdoor kitchen from the house which takes some preparation or you'll spend all day running back and forth up the steps to the house to get stuff)

Roonie's
03-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Prostar Rich, Ronnie

I live in MN just outside the twin cities. There are four lakes within a 2 mile radius of where I live and all of them have a no wake zone until noon.

Prostar Rich
03-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Prostar Rich, Ronnie

My lake home is on Lauderdale Lakes located in Southern WI.

Prostar Rich

Prostar Rich
03-07-2008, 03:31 PM
I live in MN just outside the twin cities. There are four lakes within a 2 mile radius of where I live and all of them have a no wake zone until noon.

This is exactly what I am worried about. First regulation change is 9:00 am start time for skiing. Next thing you know it will go to noon.

Is the no wake till noon 7 days a week?

Prostar Rich

Hollywood
03-07-2008, 03:34 PM
This is exactly what I am worried about. First regulation change is 9:00 am start time for skiing. Next thing you know it will go to noon.

I ski in the Twin Lakes area, if it goes till noon I'll be doing even more skiing in Illinois. Hell, it gets so crazy now I hardly ski on the weekends in WI anyways. I'm used to the 10/9 am rule in WI, but regularly ski at 7/8 am in IL.

wakeX2wake
03-07-2008, 03:35 PM
does skiing include jet skiing?... sounds good to me

Roonie's
03-07-2008, 03:37 PM

Is the no wake till noon 7 days a week?

Prostar Rich

Yes no wake 7 days a week. Big sign posted at the boat ramps of the lakes.

ShamrockIV
03-07-2008, 03:37 PM
i am used to the if the sun is up rule!!!!!!!!!

man i would "fight the power!!"
or better yest just tell them to EAD!! but u know i like to win friends and influence people!! lol

Prostar Rich
03-07-2008, 03:40 PM
I ski in the Twin Lakes area, if it goes till noon I'll be doing even more skiing in Illinois. Hell, it gets so crazy now I hardly ski on the weekends in WI anyways. I'm used to the 10/9 am rule in WI, but regularly ski at 7/8 am in IL.

I have good friends who are on Powers Lake. That lake gets way to crowded for me. The regulations that I speak of are for Lauderdale Lakes only. You will need to look into what if any new regulations that have been implemented.

Prostar Rich

Prostar Rich
03-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Yes no wake 7 days a week. Big sign posted at the boat ramps of the lakes.

After reading what you have to deal with I guess 9:00 AM isn't so bad.

Prostar Rich

flipper
03-07-2008, 03:45 PM
NOON!!!!! I would go nuts. Why so late...fishermen want to hog the whole lake in the morning?

Hollywood
03-07-2008, 03:51 PM
I have good friends who are on Powers Lake.

I keep my *C on Powers. The only good skiing out there is April-May and October-November or from about 7-8 pm weeknights. Anything else, forget about it. I do like the lake very much, I sure wish we could get a slalom course and jump back in Jefferson Bay though. There is always a shoreline to run out if the wind picks up, that is if nobody else is out including the 5-0.

"Girl looking to ski" came out with us last fall. She is a good skier and fun to have in the boat. Hopefully you can meet and ski with her in '08.

Prostar Rich
03-07-2008, 04:20 PM
I keep my *C on Powers. The only good skiing out there is April-May and October-November or from about 7-8 pm weeknights. Anything else, forget about it. I do like the lake very much, I sure wish we could get a slalom course and jump back in Jefferson Bay though. There is always a shoreline to run out if the wind picks up, that is if nobody else is out including the 5-0.

"Girl looking to ski" came out with us last fall. She is a good skier and fun to have in the boat. Hopefully you can meet and ski with her in '08.

If this was the same girl she did contact me to go skiing with me and my wife. Her family has a lake home on Lauderdale Lakes as well. It was late in the season last year and we never got out. The other problem was all the rain that we had at the end of the season last year. The lake was very high and it was mandated slow no wake for about two weeks until the water level dropped. I belive it was the same way on Powers Lake. My friends home is real close to the boat ramp on Powers lake. Right by Tommy's bar and Grill.

Take care,
Prostar Rich

Roonie's
03-07-2008, 05:02 PM
NOON!!!!! I would go nuts. Why so late...fishermen want to hog the whole lake in the morning?

No idea but I assume it is something that came about from all the homeowners along the lake. One out of the four lakes doesn't even have homes on it and is State owned (in a park) yet they still have the no wake till noon rule on it. Lots and lots of fisherman. I usually see all fisherman and maybe one or two other ski/wakeboard boats.

flipper
03-07-2008, 05:24 PM
I don't get it....people buy a house on the lake, and hate boats. Why not buy a house away from the water where they don't have to worry about boats.

dmayer84
03-07-2008, 05:34 PM
I don't get it....people buy a house on the lake, and hate boats. Why not buy a house away from the water where they don't have to worry about boats.

Sounds like the people at my college that bought all the houses around campus and then complained about the students.

WTRSK1R
03-07-2008, 05:42 PM
My lake home is on Lauderdale Lakes located in Southern WI.

Prostar Rich
My first MC came from Lauderdale Lakes Marina when they used to be a MC dealer back in '92.

TX.X-30 fan
03-07-2008, 05:43 PM
I would get while the getting is good, that goes for the noon thing too.

Hey Roonies is it true the state motto is changing to " The land of 10,000 taxes" ??? :confused: :D :D

stuartmcnair
03-07-2008, 05:45 PM
y'all are all welcome to come down here...my place is on a beautiful "creek" coming off the river. Eight miles of glass. Hardly ever any other boats.

M-Funf
03-07-2008, 05:46 PM
At least you still have sunup to sundown 5 days a week. Those are probably the better ski days anyway. I'd rather ski on weekdays and leave the weekends to the wally's. JMO

Roonie's
03-07-2008, 08:20 PM
I would get while the getting is good, that goes for the noon thing too.

Hey Roonies is it true the state motto is changing to " The land of 10,000 taxes" ??? :confused: :D :D

I would call it more like the land of 10,000 ponds. Lakes give it too much credit.

p.s. there are some good sized lakes but way too many small ones.