PDA

View Full Version : Alright boys...I saved the best for last!

skeeler
03-06-2008, 07:20 PM
I just finished it up at the beginning of the week, but wanted to wait until we got the boat down to the show to take a picture of it. Rear view mirror monitor has been installed. :D So now, all those late nights on the water with loud audio will be supplemented by video as well.

skeeler
03-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Another view.....

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Boy do I see that being a controversial little item. the boat pilot watching the screen instead of what is in front of them. cool toy, but I can hear the lawyers getting out their big yellow pads now just waiting to jump of the first accident.

skeeler
03-06-2008, 07:50 PM
Boy do I see that being a controversial little item. the boat pilot watching the screen instead of what is in front of them. cool toy, but I can hear the lawyers getting out their big yellow pads now just waiting to jump of the first accident.
I hear you......of course this is "meant" for stationary viewing. Watching it while driving wasn't really the intention. It was more meant for "show".
Kind of like those people you see driving to work doing one or more of the following; reading the newspaper, on the phone, shaving, brushing their teeth, eating, watching tv, hitting their kids, smoking, writing down notes, making out with their significant other, chatting with their four other friends in the car, and on....on....on :D

drbesvold1
03-06-2008, 07:54 PM
dang and i thought this post was more pics of your beautiful wife lol

TMCNo1
03-06-2008, 07:54 PM
I hear you......of course this is "meant" for stationary viewing. Watching it while driving wasn't really the intention. It was more meant for "show".
:D

That's what the girls tell Skidog all the time down at the strip club!:rolleyes: :D

2RLAKE
03-06-2008, 08:05 PM
now you just need that stripper pole and you'll be all set

jwroblew
03-06-2008, 08:17 PM
I think hooking that thing up to a camera that follows the skier would be sweet.

JohnE
03-06-2008, 08:25 PM
What "feeds" the display? I thought it was from a camera behind the boat, as jwroblew posted above, but now I guess I'm not getting something.

Skeeler, do you work for a dealer? I've read a bunch of comments from you regarding the boat shows, but I haven't been able to put the pieces together. Or do you do aftermarket AV or something?

Prostar Rich
03-06-2008, 08:34 PM
Very nice indeed.

Prostar Rich

JoshBuzz
03-06-2008, 08:35 PM
I knew you had something good up your sleeve, but I'm really impressed!! would be sweet to have a camera in the back or on the tower to follow the rider, but that is awesome for now!!

skeeler
03-06-2008, 08:46 PM
What "feeds" the display? I thought it was from a camera behind the boat, as jwroblew posted above, but now I guess I'm not getting something.

Skeeler, do you work for a dealer? I've read a bunch of comments from you regarding the boat shows, but I haven't been able to put the pieces together. Or do you do aftermarket AV or something?
Well, lets answer a few questions, shall we?
The monitor is fed by a video Ipod. Thing is great!
I do have a camera the I was going to mount on the tower, but then I decided not to. Again, my plan was to use the monitor for boat shows and chilling on the lake, not for viewing the rider. I do have an extreme mirror to use for that.
I am not dealer. I do manage and maintain the dealers website, and have had a very good relationship with my dealer for the past 5 years. I have been into car audio, home theater, and high end audio forever. So bringing it to the boat was easy.

Lennyp04
03-06-2008, 09:31 PM
now you just need that stripper pole and you'll be all set

Just extend the ski pylon and there you go!!!

LKNMC
03-06-2008, 09:47 PM
very cool how much do they cost

trickskier
03-06-2008, 10:38 PM
Extremely COOL skeeler!!! ;)

Doug G
03-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Looks really clean Skeeler. reminded me of this from http://wakevideo.com/

zberger
03-07-2008, 01:49 AM
saw that at the show today.. looks real good man.

I like the sub enclosure too :)

are you going to leave that wrap on it all the time?

skeeler
03-07-2008, 09:41 AM
very cool how much do they cost
The actual monitor is about $200. Then the rest is labor and the know how.
saw that at the show today.. looks real good man.

I like the sub enclosure too :)

are you going to leave that wrap on it all the time?
Thanks, I am pleased with it. The wrap is on for good, unless when I go to sell it the buyer wants it off.

flipper
03-07-2008, 10:26 AM
I'm waiting to see skeeler's new show on TLC......"Pimp my Boat"

JohnE
03-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Skeeler,

Thanks for the explanation. The vision is clear, now.

vision
03-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Looks great Skeeler. Quite professional.

What I want is to port the image from my VDIG to a larger touch screen so that instead of viewing only 4 parameters at once, I can view nearly all the data (depth, ballast, PP status, water temp etc) on one to two screens and easily toggle between them. Better yet, just send the data to a small computer and use the computer for also viewing movies, a rear view camera, iTunes, wireless internet, etc..

I know, water and digital often do not mix well.