PDA

View Full Version : New Toys

sk8salomon
03-05-2008, 08:51 PM
Well, I went and did it. Figured this is the year to upgrade!
I can't believe how much lighter the D3 Nomad is blank when compared to my old Phantom. Hopefully, I'm going to take a set behind the new ride this weekend and try out both Perfect Pass and Zero Off.

88 PS190
03-05-2008, 08:57 PM
I was amazed by how light these skis are too, coming off a connelly F3 onto a Goode 9200 then a D3 Nomad The difference was shocking.

sk8salomon
03-05-2008, 09:42 PM
What bindings are you using? I haven't checked yet to see if my HO Approach will line up with the D3 inserts.

JoshBuzz
03-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Someone's goin to give you a hard time about that Nautique sticker, guaranteed.

TMCNo1
03-06-2008, 09:13 AM
Someone's goin to give you a hard time about that Nautique sticker, guaranteed.

I bet that ski came from somewhere in Texas by the looks of things here on MasterCraft Team Talk!:rolleyes:

sk8salomon
03-06-2008, 08:47 PM
believe it or not, the thing i like the best about my new MC is the friggen boat cover. MC has really stepped it up IMO. better quality material, transom ratchet straps instead of stupid ropes to tie, air vents, multiple support poles to make sure all the water beads off, etc etc.

André
03-09-2008, 02:24 PM
What bindings are you using? I haven't checked yet to see if my HO Approach will line up with the D3 inserts.
My Nomad was wrongfully ordered with an HO hole pattern.
D3 and HO share the same FRONT boot hole pattern but the rear boot is different.I had to adapt my Kidder RTP on an HO plate.
Getting obsess with the new RadaR RS 1 boots lately...
You're gonna love the ski.Very stable and forgiving for a top of the line ski.

sk8salomon
03-09-2008, 02:29 PM
My Nomad was wrongfully ordered with an HO hole pattern.
D3 and HO share the same FRONT boot hole pattern but the rear boot is different.I had to adapt my Kidder RTP on an HO plate.
Getting obsess with the new RadaR RS 1 boots lately...
You're gonna love the ski.Very stable and forgiving for a top of the line ski.

dude, i was just getting ready to post a pic of how nicely the front binding installed and how none of the holes on the rear were even close. not sure i want to change just the rear binding like you tho. i've got HO approach bindings and i'd rather keep both identical. thanks for the reply tho. can't wait to try it out, cold as crap this weekend:( , snow yesterday!

atlfootr
03-09-2008, 04:01 PM
Congrats to my neigbhor on his newly purschused '08 MASTERCRAFT 197 !
:D

He has NO IDEA what he's in for .....:)

LKNMC
03-09-2008, 04:11 PM
Very nice 197 TT

André
03-09-2008, 06:03 PM
dude, i was just getting ready to post a pic of how nicely the front binding installed and how none of the holes on the rear were even close. not sure i want to change just the rear binding like you tho. i've got HO approach bindings and i'd rather keep both identical. thanks for the reply tho. can't wait to try it out, cold as crap this weekend:( , snow yesterday!
Just took another look at your hole pattern.It's a D3...
I had to drill new holes in the HO mounting plate to fit my Kidder rear toe plate.Maybe you can find a Kidder or D3 mounting plate and custom fit your Approach on it...

sk8salomon
03-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Thanks guys for the comments. It got cold this weekend and the previous owner didn't winterize the boat. I pulled off the hoses from the exhaust manifolds & removed both knock sensors to let water drain out. Is there anything else I need to do? the guy i bought it from forgot to give me the manual but its on the way.

Also, I did an oil change and checked the spark plugs. i've never in my years of auto repair heard of the filter brand Parts Master. Took the filter & plug to a local parts store & some kid said he couldn't cross reference either. No way i'm going to a stealership to buy a friggen oil filter & plugs so i tried another shop with success! My '89 PS190 was full of regular auto parts and always ran great. Any reason i can't do the same for this new boat?

ncsone
03-09-2008, 09:12 PM
My 05 197TT with the MCX takes a Delco #PF454. I bought one at the dealer and then found it at Pep Boys for about $2 less. I am sure any decent auto parts store can cross reference the Delco item to a Fram, etc.

D3skier
03-09-2008, 09:18 PM
congrats on the new Nomad RC and boat... I'm jealous!!! I'm currently riding Seth Stisher's '06 Nomad and wanting to upgrade to the RC but haven't bit just yet.....I just bought the same boat as well... hoping it will actually come home soon....

sk8salomon
03-09-2008, 09:50 PM
congrats on the new Nomad RC and boat... I'm jealous!!! I'm currently riding Seth Stisher's '06 Nomad and wanting to upgrade to the RC but haven't bit just yet.....I just bought the same boat as well... hoping it will actually come home soon....

lol, funny, both came from him!

D3skier
03-09-2008, 10:18 PM
lol, funny, both came from him!

I know that boat very well... had several ski lessons behind that exact boat. I actually was considering that boat when I was looking but the hours are what scared me away because I don't keep my boats long enough....

sk8salomon
03-09-2008, 11:03 PM
I know that boat very well... had several ski lessons behind that exact boat. I actually was considering that boat when I was looking but the hours are what scared me away because I don't keep my boats long enough....

yeah, the hours were a little high but the warranty transfers over for another 2 years. i'll be using this on a public course and the zero off is way more friendlier for the wife and other drivers.

D3skier
03-10-2008, 09:11 PM
let me know how you like your new Nomad RC..... have fun with the new boat too....

sk8salomon
03-10-2008, 09:18 PM
let me know how you like your new Nomad RC..... have fun with the new boat too....

sure will, this maybe a question for you or andre but is there an adaptor plate available to fit the D3 rear binding holes to HO pattern? Of course, this plate will have to also be for the front. I really hate to drill holes in a brand new ski, especially if it never feels right and i need to get rid of it.:D

D3skier
03-10-2008, 09:28 PM
sure will, this maybe a question for you or andre but is there an adaptor plate available to fit the D3 rear binding holes to HO pattern? Of course, this plate will have to also be for the front. I really hate to drill holes in a brand new ski, especially if it never feels right and i need to get rid of it.:D

don't drill holes in it... you should be able to get a plate I'd ask Seth or Tadd about the correct ski with this hole pattern and see if they'll swap it out for you... I've got the HO Approach on my Nomad and they fit with no issues..

TNH2oSkier
03-10-2008, 09:56 PM
The fronts are the same pattern. If H2Osmosis doesnt have the plate then Willeys' will. Should run 20-25.00.

André
03-11-2008, 06:39 AM
Don't drill holes in your brand new Nomad!!!
Get an HO plate or trade your ski for one with HO hole pattern!
Good luck!