PDA

View Full Version : Father/daughter talk...

stuartmcnair
03-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Lifted from another site's board..but I decided to share...

Father/daughter talk...

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat, and among other liberal ideals, was very much in favor of higher taxes to support more government programs, in other words redistribution of wealth.

She was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican, a feeling she openly expressed. Based on the lectures that she had participated in, and the occasional chat with a professor, she felt that her father had for years harbored an evil, selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his.

One day she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes on the rich and the need for more government programs. The self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth and she indicated so to her father. He responded by asking how she was doing in school.

Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she was taking a very difficult course load and was constantly studying, which left her no time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend, and didn't really have many college friends because she spent all her time studying.

Her father listened and then asked, 'How is your friend Audrey doing?' She replied, 'Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy classes, she never studies, and she barely has a 2.0 GPA. She is so popular on campus; college for her is a blast. She's always invited to all the parties and lots of times she doesn't even show up for classes because she's too hung over.'

Her wise father asked his daughter, 'Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct 1.0 off your GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA.'

The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired back, 'That's a crazy idea, how would that be fair! I've worked really hard for my grades! I've invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work! Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked my tail off!'

The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, 'Welcome to the Republican party.'

BrandonKTM
03-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Amen!!!!!!

flipper
03-05-2008, 12:24 PM
I was a little worried by the tittle.:D

wakeX2wake
03-05-2008, 12:27 PM
I was worried too... Amen to the post!

Maristar210
I was a little worried by the tittle.:D

You were worried about what Flip?

Nice read !!!!

dpolen
Heck yeah...good stuff there!

captain planet
03-05-2008, 12:28 PM
....yawn....:popcorn:

flipper
03-05-2008, 12:29 PM
You were worried about what Flip?

Nice read !!!!

I thought it was going to be a story about "THE" father daughter talk.

Maristar210
03-05-2008, 12:31 PM
I thought it was going to be a story about "THE" father daughter talk.

I know what you meant but the fact that you type "tittle" made me laugh as though you're other brain was in charge for a moment.

A.I. Rider
03-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Good read! May have to show that one to a friend here and there.

Harvey
03-06-2008, 01:12 PM
That's great, imagine what the world would be if everyone gave everything their ALL!

“Work hard and become a leader; be lazy and never succeed."

russlars
03-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Great story!!! I guess that means that were all good Republicans here on TT?

6ballsisall
03-06-2008, 02:37 PM
I sent this to my Mom ( strong Democrat) and I am a Republican. Oddly Mom hasn't called or email'd me back...:confused: :confused:

flipper
03-06-2008, 02:55 PM
I sent this to my Mom ( strong Democrat) and I am a Republican. Oddly Mom hasn't called or email'd me back...:confused: :confused:

She's probably still beating her computer with a baseball bat!!!

6ballsisall
03-06-2008, 02:57 PM
She's probably still beating her computer with a baseball bat!!!

I hope not, shes an educator, and that my tax money! :D Hey, speaking of taxes, can we get another tax break???????:D

Maristar210
03-06-2008, 03:24 PM
I hope not, shes an educator, and that my tax money! :D Hey, speaking of taxes, can we get another tax break???????:D

Yeah and can you up the ceiling this time:rolleyes:

454Prostar190
03-06-2008, 06:12 PM
I scrolled by this thread for a couple of days.
Finally read it and have passed it along to multiple people already!
Great story!
I live in San Francisco, a Republican in Democrat Land and shall keep on passing it along!
Thanks again! Rick

jpattigr
03-08-2008, 01:23 AM
Up here in Canada we have Liberals (democrats) and Conservatives (GOP) and our old saying is:

Anyone that is under 30 and is not a Liberal has no Heart, and anyone that is over 30 and not a Conservative has NO Brain!:D