PDA

View Full Version : Wipeouts

Pages : [1] 2

John B
08-08-2004, 08:20 PM
Here are some of my best wipeouts this year. I have taken allot more,this is just some highlights. As you can see I don't like to let go of the rope.

stevo137
08-08-2004, 08:43 PM
Tough falls!

BriEOD
08-08-2004, 08:49 PM
SWEET! If you're not falling you're not pushing yourself. Those are some AWESOME shots John! :)

NSXBill
08-09-2004, 05:00 PM
When I was a lot younger and skied all the time, my buddies and I had a saying..."You ski 'til you fall."

bradamerry
08-09-2004, 05:07 PM
Maybe that is why I don't feel like I'm getting better! I can't remember falling but once this month? Oh yeah, it hurt, no wonder! Skipped about 35 yds., what a wuss!! :cry:

NSXBill
08-09-2004, 05:14 PM
That's why I said "when I was younger." I'm so sore today from skiing, I can hardly move.

bradamerry
08-09-2004, 05:17 PM
I skied yesterday with Farmer Ted and I hurt alittle, but going back for more tonight. I'm trying hard to get back to sking alot. I enjoy it.

MarkP
08-09-2004, 05:27 PM
I took a nice fall this Saturday. Hard face plant into a blurry view of sky, water, sky, water. I was sure I was going to be fighting the trout for my right eyeball. Turned out ok, and cleared my little head cold too.

east tx skier
08-09-2004, 05:46 PM
I fell a lot last year. This year, not so much. Must be getting weak. Finished last year with the cartwheel yard sale sort of like Mark P's sky water sky water. Always entertaining for the people in the boat.

Leroy
08-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Great shots John, I can watch great skiing and falls forever! Says a lot, I haven't went down this year skiing, couple of good board falls......

I think it was TIm that put a link to a video that was summary of someone with ~10 years of falling, and main word through the whole tape was "down"!

BriEOD
08-09-2004, 06:22 PM
Last year I saw a boarder knock themself unconscious. Tried a "double up" behind an X-30 at my friends boat club in VA...OUCH!

phecksel
08-19-2004, 09:11 PM
Friend taking it in the face

Best jump crash photo the club has was taken by a pro photog during this years show. Unfortunately can't show it. Poor jumper didn't see the two foot roller at the base of the jump. I cringed watching him not pass.

MarkP
08-23-2004, 09:53 AM
A shot of our third as he becomes more assertive. I think in this shot he decided to give the handle back to the driver to wipe it off for him??

NeilM
08-23-2004, 10:56 AM
Great shot, Mark :headbang: . I gotta get a faster camera.. My digital is just too slow for action stuff.

mcprostar197
09-02-2004, 03:43 PM
Phecksel, damn that must have hurt pretty bad for that guy!

bcampbe7
09-02-2004, 03:46 PM
Mark-
Is that one of them bungee ropes? Nice re-coil on that one! :D

MarkP
09-02-2004, 04:08 PM
Bc

That was all the skier. I think he decided halfway through the wake, that he didn’t want to learn to ski and if he hurried up and gave the handle back to us he wouldn’t fall..:wavey: Well, He fell.:o

NeilM
09-02-2004, 04:09 PM
This is me, learning to wakesurf. If you look closely, you can see the bottom of the wakesurfer perpendicular to the wake...:o

MarkP
09-02-2004, 04:15 PM
Neil.....:wavey: ..Is that you........:uglyhamme

bradamerry
09-02-2004, 05:05 PM
It looks like the wake eat you? :confused: Good looking water and lake, where is that?

betsy&david Harrison
09-03-2004, 05:07 PM
JohnB

You should submit a few of those photos to waterski mag. I'm pretty sure they give prizes for the best wipeout shots.

I crashed hard a few years back....just 6 weeks after I had my little girl. Out the front, 3 cartwheels, and an underwater experience I will never forget. My vest blew open I fell so hard. Ended up with busted ribs, tweaked spine, buised spleen, and whiplash. Ended up having to have some sort of steroid injections in my spine twice to get the nerves to release. I'm glad I don't have a photo of that one. It's one I'd like to forget.

NeilM
09-04-2004, 01:21 AM
It looks like the wake eat you? :confused: Good looking water and lake, where is that?
I *felt* like the wake was going to eat me..

That picture was taken on Kalamalka Lake, in the Okanagan valley (interior of British Columbia).

stevo137
09-13-2004, 12:45 AM
Stevie boy jr. thought is was cool to catch me in a tough fall today.
JohnB and Brian, I had a couple of rough ones today. Feels good to be on the ragged edge again! :D

Bert
09-16-2004, 02:58 PM
Looks like that could hurt

Ric
09-16-2004, 04:13 PM
My best wipeout this week on film.

John B
09-16-2004, 04:28 PM
Well I went down hard this morning,no picture.
A picture would not have shown what happen.
You know when you fall forward and do a flip or two and the ski stay on your foot.It happens to me allot.(too much)
Well I wonder where that ski is wail I'm falling.
Today I got bitted by that ski.
It hit me in the jaw and my arm.
It felted like I broke my jaw and it still does.
My arm has one hell of a burse and is very sore.
I think I might have knocked some teeth lose too. I can't eat.
My driver today was the was the guy that that all of the pictures for me.
He is also the X-ray Tec. at the hospital and if it does not stop hurting he want to get x-rays of it.
I would go do that now but today is his day.
No smiley face this time I hurt.

John B
09-16-2004, 04:40 PM
It happen on the first pass of the first set.
I did get back in the boat to see how bad I was cut.(there was blood on my face)
Once I seen it the cut was not too bad I finish the set.
I found a little hard to ski with a numb arm and a jaw that might be broke.It happen at ball 4 and I had a bad ball 4 on all passes on the first and second set.
Tomorrow will be better. :o ( I can still smile a little )

ski_king
09-16-2004, 05:03 PM
John, Sorry to hear about the hard fall. Too bad you didn't get a picture.

Hey, maybe you can post the x-ray, thats close enough.

stevo137
09-16-2004, 07:04 PM
JohnB, sorry to hear about the fall. Get that looked at right away dude.
Fortunately I only have a bruised deltoid from that fall of mine but I told you about the one I had last year. No fun.

stevo137
09-16-2004, 07:18 PM
Bert, it was not that bad, good thing my shoulder hit and not my ribs again. The over under that JohnB had can be brutal. Many years ago a friend of mine fell that way and the ski cut a big gouge in his vest. It was an EP with RTP and his ski came off and ran him over. Good thing it only hit his vest. I think it was the next year he shattered his eardrum jumping in competition. It even broke his helmit. I don't think he ever jumped again.

stevo137
09-16-2004, 07:21 PM
Ric, how's your shoulder man? Are you using a video camera for those pics? That seems like it would be easier than with a camera.

Bert
09-16-2004, 07:25 PM
Bert, it was not that bad, good thing my shoulder hit and not my ribs again. The over under that JohnB had can be some brutal falls. Many years ago a friend of mine fell that way and the ski cut a big gouge in his vest. That was with RTP and his ski came off and ran him over. Good thing it only hit his vest. I think it was the next year he shattered his eardrum jumping in competition. It even broke his helmit. I don't think he ever jumped again.
Good to hear you are ok :) , I know all about the ribs Ouch!! I have had falls like John described as well. Luckily I haven't been hit by the ski but have bent my back in the reverse C :cry: . That was three weeks ago and I am still feeling it. Funny I never crash like that in open water, just when attempting a course. :confused:

ncskier
09-16-2004, 07:33 PM
So I sez to my buddy... Have you ever tried to ski with the other foot forward ?

stevo137
09-16-2004, 10:55 PM
I know the secret how to determine which foot goes forward. Anyone have their own ideas?

BriEOD
09-16-2004, 11:01 PM
Sure, I've heard a few different ideas. You want your dominant foot rear. Most commonly it ends up being the right foot. However to determine, have someone kick a soccer ball, or see what foot they step off with when running up a flight of stairs.

stevo137
09-16-2004, 11:15 PM
Dude, soccer and stairs don't have much to do with skiing. ;) The dominant thing is steamin' hot though.

Farmer Ted
09-17-2004, 12:44 AM
doesn't it go something like have someone push you backwards and which ever foot you put back to stabilize yourself is the foot you put in the back binding?

Something along those lines.

jpattigr
09-17-2004, 01:55 AM
I have many good wipeout shots, if your not crashing then your not trying!!! :uglyhamme

John B
09-17-2004, 08:36 AM
This is one of ski partners.( Mark )
That ball looks so nice and calm, it does not know what is go to hit it.

scott88prostar
09-17-2004, 11:36 AM
John that is one of the best pics Ive seen!

scott88prostar
09-17-2004, 11:48 AM
What kind of camera is that?...is it a video or still type camera...I have a digital and pictures of the kids standing still arent as clear as your budddies sinus cleaner wipeout.

Leroy
09-17-2004, 01:03 PM
Great crashes!

I alway heard run and slide on floor, the foot you put forward is the foot that goes forward when you ski. (and many versions of this test!) IF you play soccer the soccer test doesn't work.

bcampbe7
09-17-2004, 01:05 PM
The slide on floor thing is what I have always used...

John B
09-17-2004, 02:17 PM
What kind of camera is that?...is it a video or still type camera...I have a digital and pictures of the kids standing still arent as clear as your budddies sinus cleaner wipeout.
Scott,
The camera is a Nikon D 70 it can that 3 shots per second. :D

scott88prostar
09-17-2004, 02:20 PM
Wow!...looked it up on google $$$$$...thanks

John B
09-17-2004, 02:26 PM
It is worth the big $$$ it is a great camera. :D

stevo137
09-17-2004, 07:05 PM
Farmer Ted, right on. Have them stand naturally facing you with both feet equally spaced, put your hands on their shoulders and give them a GENTLE push backwards. The dominant foot will always go back. It helps if they don't know what you are planning to do and keep your hands on their shoulders for safety. ;)

jpattigr
09-17-2004, 09:22 PM
Opps I double posted

jpattigr
09-17-2004, 09:28 PM
If you need a less fancy camera that takes awesome action shots, look at the Panasonic DMZ-FZ series. They have 12x Optical zoom and the real magic is the optical image stabilizer so that the shots are not blurry. These cameras also shot 3 shots a second for action sports. It is one of the only cameras under $1000 that has this feature. They also have a glass German Leica lens.
I have the orginal FZ1 and have many awesome shots with the camera, don't buy megapixals, buy lens quality.
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/fz10.html

MarkP
09-17-2004, 10:35 PM
Thanks jp,

That link to Steve’s brought me to Ritz and now I really want one of the D100’s.:( .

That Panasonic looks cool though:toast:

stevo137
09-19-2004, 12:06 PM
Offside fall. Just couldn't hold on.

MarkP
09-20-2004, 01:23 PM
good shot Stevo.

I had a good crash yesterday but didn’t capture the moment. I actually blew out the tail crossing the wake.

John B
09-21-2004, 10:58 AM
Well I went down hard this morning,no picture.
A picture would not have shown what happen.
You know when you fall forward and do a flip or two and the ski stay on your foot.It happens to me allot.(too much)
Well I wonder where that ski is wail I'm falling.
Today I got bitted by that ski.
It hit me in the jaw and my arm.
It felted like I broke my jaw and it still does.
My arm has one hell of a burse and is very sore.
I think I might have knocked some teeth lose too. I can't eat.
My driver today was the was the guy that that all of the pictures for me.
He is also the X-ray Tec. at the hospital and if it does not stop hurting he want to get x-rays of it.
I would go do that now but today is his day.
No smiley face this time I hurt.

Well here the update on my jaw.
I had a Cat scan yesterday, it is broken. :o
I went to a dental surgeon and he wants to wire my mouth shut for six weeks. I don't,and I don't think I need to.I'm make sure I eat food I don't need to chew for the next 3 or 4 weeks.
The wind is blowing all this week so no ski.
But then I do get back on the water no game face, that would stress the brake. :D

Ric
09-21-2004, 11:54 AM
YEAH!!! Hang em out there John B!

Seriously, be careful man!

jimmer2880
09-22-2004, 06:51 AM
I must say I had a good one the other week (before the hurricanes started hitting).... Cutting really really hard - just as I was behind the boat, BANG! Rope broke at the pilon. My wife said "you should have heard that wing out of the shock tube".

Anyway - I went for a tumble like never before. Nothing hurt. Man was that a fun ride!

JohnB - that stinks dude! 6 weeks of eating slimfast... ouch!

sizzler
09-22-2004, 07:06 AM
didn't wipe out on the water,but did end up in it......on way to lake saturday,i rounded a corner and in the way was a large deer(probably small compared to your ones).i swerved to avoid it (should have hit it) and went thru some concrete and steel crash barriers.the car spun sideways and took out about 40ft of barriers and ended up backwards in the water..luckily i was on my own at the time...managed to get out b4 the back went under..had to retrieve my girls dry-suits from the back....the car is totalled(toyota landcruiser amazon),,so i have ntg to pull the boat with....on the plus side..i walked away with bruised ribs and whiplash......

sizzler
09-22-2004, 07:07 AM
will post pictures of car soon

MarkP
09-22-2004, 11:25 AM
Glad your ok and the boat was not with you..

didn't wipe out on the water,but did end up in it......on way to lake saturday,i rounded a corner and in the way was a large deer(probably small compared to your ones).i swerved to avoid it (should have hit it) and went thru some concrete and steel crash barriers.the car spun sideways and took out about 40ft of barriers and ended up backwards in the water..luckily i was on my own at the time...managed to get out b4 the back went under..had to retrieve my girls dry-suits from the back....the car is totalled(toyota landcruiser amazon),,so i have ntg to pull the boat with....on the plus side..i walked away with bruised ribs and whiplash......

east tx skier
09-22-2004, 11:35 AM
Yowza! Glad you walked away from it alright.

sizzler
09-22-2004, 12:13 PM
boat is on the lift at the lake....luckily

MarkP
09-22-2004, 12:32 PM
Now for the pics:o ..

Crash
09-22-2004, 01:49 PM
Labor day weekend after my fall, something was floating by my face and after I pushed it away with my left hand, I realized it was my right hand! I lost feeling from the shoulder down for a couple minutes. Had some nice purple bruses to brag about!

east tx skier
09-22-2004, 01:50 PM
Mark, that post freaked me out until I realized that your hand was still attached!

jimmer2880
09-22-2004, 02:12 PM
Sizzler... WOW! glad you're ok. I've been thinking about getting one of those glass-brake hammers & hanging it from the steering column or something for just that potential problem (if the window was up, that is)

stevo137
09-23-2004, 08:08 PM
JohnB, sorry to hear about the injury. Feel better soon! :)

SkySkiSpokane
09-24-2004, 06:06 PM
Perfect timing on this shot!! :eek:

MarkP
09-24-2004, 07:04 PM
Incoming!! Nice shot..

Dave, is that you??

SkySkiSpokane
09-24-2004, 07:15 PM
Yup!! Slightly over rotated OUCH!! ;)

MarkP
09-24-2004, 07:19 PM
Looks like, "ouch"!! That shot rocks though:headbang: .

RackAtak
09-24-2004, 10:44 PM
oops he's mad now and naturally my fault...

stevo137
09-24-2004, 11:06 PM
I had a very bad over under face plant tonight. Good thing that the ski came off. I thought I could find some decent water at the end of Sept. but guess what, as soon as I get out there, jet freakin ski's and boats all tearing up the decent water. :rant: Just as I hit the bump there was a boat wake that I didn't see, buried my ski. They said I did a couple of flips and the ski went flying. One tip of the day from me: BE VERY CAREFUL if you decide to move your fin back. Just a little bit made the ski ride to flat.
I can hardly remember the last time that I had glass. :(

erkoehler
09-25-2004, 09:51 AM
boat is on the lift at the lake....luckily

Stillin waitin on the pics. Oh yeah, atleast the boat is at the lake! It could have been on the trailer and now you wouldn't get to use it :(

MasterCrafting
09-25-2004, 09:48 PM
Ragdolled.. I'm shure you know that feeling when you come to the surface barely able to beathe and you jackets undone and your floating just becuase it didnt come off your arm. Two full rotations and alot of pain. For the record we did make it two tries later. I just needed a min to regain myself after this one. :eek3:

Idontownaboat
09-26-2004, 03:21 AM
yea man that was a bad fall, cant say that i have done the double flip on the fall

stevo137
09-26-2004, 12:03 PM
I didn't get a pic but ragdolled is a good desrciption of my fall Friday evening. I've been in the Jacuzzi quite bit since then.

NatesGr8
09-26-2004, 05:27 PM
Here are a few miscelaneous falls from labor day.

http://kacework.com/cjc_pics/lday/lday14.jpg
http://kacework.com/cjc_pics/lday/lday6.jpg
http://kacework.com/cjc_pics/lday/lday13.jpg
http://kacework.com/cjc_pics/lday/lday17.jpg

Yes i had tons of fun wiping out people on the tube that day :D

phecksel
09-27-2004, 12:58 PM
Oh man, Friday would have been a perfect picture. Coming around 4 ball hell bent on not being late. Driver just happened to look in his mirror and see me upside down with a 1/2 twist without my ski attached. I hit the boat wake square with my shoulder. Knocked some stars loose. Top of both shoulders are bruised. Attempted to ski once more, and was so tentative, didn't bother. Had to be my best one yet.

André
09-27-2004, 08:40 PM
Phecksel
It will take a couples of sets to forget about this one.
Thinking about it,you never really forget your worst one!

tall_ andy
09-27-2004, 09:01 PM
Don't know how I did it, but a 1 1/2 front flip with ski still on when I hit the water and the boat came back. I think I was concentrating too hard on # 5 and forgot about the wake, but still not sure how it happened. Got lots o cheers from the peanut gallery in the boat though.

stevo137
09-27-2004, 09:57 PM
It is tough to forget the bad ones. I had a very fall Friday evening. Usually for me it's water conditions.
Oh well, got back on the water this evening for about an hour.

stevo137
09-27-2004, 10:12 PM
I've been tinkering with the fin and it's doing some strange things. I believe that it caused my fall on Friday.

André
09-27-2004, 10:51 PM
Stevo
Nice tight line turn!
Do you have acees to a course sometimes?

stevo137
09-27-2004, 11:56 PM
Andre, thank's. I can't remember the last time I ran the course. The only one on the lake is an accu-sink. The guy lives on the lake, ski's very early and then sinks it. It's very difficult to even find decent water on this lake. Even tonight, a Monday evening during fall was busy with jet ski's and misc. boats.
I still try to imagine the course when I free ski to make sure I go wide enough, stay on a hard edge through the wakes, and work on my off side.
I know it's a different story in the course though. I greatly respect you guys that are running short line in the course. ;)

phecksel
09-28-2004, 12:12 PM
I'm still confused about how I managed to "jump" out of my ski and complete a forward flip with 1/2 twist. there was no slow mo about this. Realized it hurt and I was seeing stars! Maybe spend the rest of the season footin, that doesn't hurt nearly as much :)

jimmer2880
09-28-2004, 12:52 PM
Not an especially explosive fall... but very graceful!

Tom Wortham
09-28-2004, 01:45 PM
When I was a lot younger and skied all the time, my buddies and I had a saying..."You ski 'til you fall."

NSXBill,
I second that! :toast:

jimmer2880
09-29-2004, 07:34 AM
NSXBill,
I second that! :toast:
interesting... I'm always telling my wife "don't let go till your face hit's the water". She really appreciates that! :love:

MasterCrafting
09-30-2004, 12:37 AM
Graceful! :)

dmac
09-30-2004, 06:03 PM
Hopefully I will be back to falling next season after the sterum fully heals up from the invasion by the cardiac surgeon. Getting stronger every day.

André
09-30-2004, 06:36 PM
Dmac
Wish you to get back healthy to ski next season!

jimmer2880
10-04-2004, 06:50 AM
dmac - sorry to hear. Glad you're ok.

A good friend of mine (71 years old) still barefoots regularly with a pacemaker installed for the past couple years. He's ALWAYS out 8 am Saturday & Sunday mornings during the warm months. He's also out there early & late season.

Remember - the doctors have to tell you to sit on the couch for liability purposes. So - ignore them!

John B
06-11-2005, 10:02 PM
I was bucked off.

John B
06-11-2005, 10:09 PM
I think the ski loss contact.

John B
06-11-2005, 10:21 PM
I have this problem with denial.
I'm not down till I let go of the rope.

John B
06-11-2005, 10:22 PM
I'm not down.

John B
06-11-2005, 10:24 PM
OK, I give up, I'm down.

John B
06-11-2005, 10:27 PM
Thumbs up lets do it again.
That was all one fall.

MarkP
06-11-2005, 10:55 PM
You crack me up dude:uglyhamme .. Nice shot/shots

BriEOD
06-11-2005, 11:07 PM
See Doug (Eastie) that's how you get better. No guts, no glory!!

Well done JB!

JEREMY79
06-11-2005, 11:38 PM
So you are not actually down until you let go of the rope :rolleyes:

John B
06-11-2005, 11:40 PM
Or the ski comes off my feet.
Both feet.

John B
06-11-2005, 11:50 PM
I don't like to give up.If I still have the rope don'put that dam flag up.

John B
06-11-2005, 11:52 PM
If I get the water out of my eyes I know I can do it.

John B
06-11-2005, 11:55 PM
If I don't let go I know is will be a good turn.

Crash
06-12-2005, 01:20 AM
John B., after seeing your crashes, I had to look at your picture gallary just to make sure you made some turns 8p I guess I need to surrender my screen name to you :worthy: :worthy: Nice pictures!!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
06-12-2005, 09:55 AM
Man, those are some awesome pictures! Well, I wipe out enough that I should be able to get a picture of it happening sometime over the summer and will post it here. SOme of those shots could be entered in to photography contests, SERIOUSLY!! some of those pictures are just awesome! This may sound goofy, but there is something invigorating about a good wipeout.....I dunno.....Its almost how you feel after you take a good hot shower, you just feel revived somehow. I feel that way after a good wipeout. strange??

Leroy
06-12-2005, 10:42 AM
I can look at these pictures all day JohnB! Keep em coming! Great shots!

stevo137
06-13-2005, 12:14 AM
Nice shots John.
I probably already posted this one but I don't have many ski pics.

3event
06-29-2005, 12:53 PM
sorry to break in with a boarding shot, but here is my bro getting his ears cleaned out.

bucky
06-29-2005, 01:05 PM
sorry to break in with a boarding shot, but here is my bro getting his ears cleaned out.

He's not boarding, he's bareheading! :woohoo:

tex
06-29-2005, 01:48 PM
He's not boarding, he's bareheading! :woohoo:
If he hangs on, he can tumble up!

3event
06-29-2005, 06:57 PM
hey johnb, how do you get those nice hires pix uploaded? i get a message on max size and by the time i get the file under 19kb it's a bit fuzzy....

stevo137
07-25-2005, 04:03 PM
One from Saturday. It was a bit rough out there.

bigmac
07-25-2005, 04:10 PM
Last Thursday...

http://www.pbase.com/hmac/image/46598091.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/hmac/image/46598092.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/hmac/image/46598093.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/hmac/image/46598094.jpg

stevo137
07-25-2005, 04:18 PM
Great pics Mac!
Man I need a better camera!

BriEOD
07-25-2005, 04:32 PM
Dang Mc a full suit in July...that's to cold for me.

peason
07-25-2005, 04:33 PM
BigMAc - what's with the wet suit? It's like in th 90's up here?

Were you anticipating a fall?

André
07-25-2005, 10:37 PM
Ditto on the camera.
Great shots!

Leroy
07-25-2005, 11:08 PM
Those Canadians! Ice probably just cleared from his lake and he is using the suit to extend his season! :D :uglyhamme

Hoosier Bob
07-25-2005, 11:16 PM
Leroy, will you be posting a wipeout pic from this coming wednesday or not?Those Canadians! Ice probably just cleared from his lake and he is using the suit to extend his season! :D :uglyhamme

Leroy
07-25-2005, 11:24 PM
I'll call you. Would like to join, and my morning is clear! Everything on? Weather looks maybe? I was on Geist early Sat am also with friends from work.

Farmer Ted
07-25-2005, 11:30 PM
I almost pulled this one off....

notice the massive air I caught

Farmer Ted
07-25-2005, 11:31 PM
beginning of first rotation....

Farmer Ted
07-25-2005, 11:32 PM
building some momentum....

Farmer Ted
07-25-2005, 11:34 PM
almost a complete 360 now....

notice that the foot comes right out of those Wiley Highwraps

phecksel
07-25-2005, 11:36 PM
This thread caused me to create a web page of club crashes :)

Don't have the good jump crash on here, need to add those

http://www.bellevillelakewaterski.com/crashes.htm

Farmer Ted
07-25-2005, 11:36 PM
forehead skiing or showing the Jetskis where they can kiss????

Farmer Ted
07-25-2005, 11:37 PM
almost done.....

um I was trying a step off start for some barefooting?

Yeah that's the ticket!

Farmer Ted
07-25-2005, 11:39 PM
no pain no gain?

6ballsisall
07-25-2005, 11:40 PM
Ouch Farmer!! Did you know where you were at when you came too? I love those kinda falls, I usually get a few claps for one like that :D

Farmer Ted
07-25-2005, 11:41 PM
Rock on!

Houston the sparrow has landed! :banana:

somebody find me some Motrin

Farmer Ted
07-25-2005, 11:43 PM
somebody hand me a beer!

stevo137
07-26-2005, 12:05 AM
Good ones Farmer! :headbang:
Of course you weren't thinking that when it happened!

Leroy
07-26-2005, 01:16 AM
Great shots Farmer!

Call me a chicken, and I thought it was no pain, well no pain......

jimmer2880
07-26-2005, 07:21 AM
Great shots! Man - I really need a new camera!

bucky
07-26-2005, 08:01 AM

Yeah, you were so close.;)

BriEOD
07-26-2005, 08:09 AM
We've all been there! Hey Tim, the ski works better if you keep the nose out of the water. ;)

bradamerry
07-26-2005, 09:38 AM
We've all been there! Hey Tim, the ski works better if you keep the nose out of the water. ;)
I'll work with him...

I go back to the Doc this morning, shoulder still no better :noface: .

bcampbe7
07-26-2005, 09:45 AM
I'll work with him...

I go back to the Doc this morning, shoulder still no better :noface: .

Rotator Cuff?

Tim-
Are those video captures or a series of images taken by a high $$$ camera?

bradamerry
07-26-2005, 09:47 AM
It's the Cuff.... :mad:

BriEOD
07-26-2005, 11:18 AM
Cut it off...

bigmac
07-26-2005, 11:29 AM
Dang Mc a full suit in July...that's to cold for me.

I don't know why he's wearing a wet suit either. It was about 5:30AM, but the water temp was 79 Degrees F. The rest of us were either wearing shorties or wind shirt. Other pics from that morning

http://www.pbase.com/hmac/image/46598103.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/hmac/image/46598097.jpg

And here's Randy again, headed for yet another wipeout...
http://www.pbase.com/hmac/image/46598096.jpg

stevo137
07-26-2005, 11:37 AM
How did you do it Brad?

east tx skier
07-26-2005, 11:45 AM
Farmer, I feel for you on that one. Did the exact same thing on Sunday, and I'm still paying for it today.

BriEOD
07-26-2005, 11:46 AM
That is some serious altitude for a slalom ski. :eek:

bigmac
07-26-2005, 01:28 PM
That is some serious altitude for a slalom ski. :eek:

Yeh, I can't get that far off the water on my Air Chair yet...

tex
07-26-2005, 01:30 PM
Yeh, I can't get that far off the water on my Air Chair yet...
oh yes you can! Just lean back real hard. no promises on the landing!

bigmac
07-26-2005, 01:42 PM
oh yes you can! Just lean back real hard. no promises on the landing!

Well, at least with the Air Chair I'm far less likely to get an enema going airborne than Randy is in the above slalom jump. I suspect that 36 mph enema prevention contributes to his decision to wear a wet suit in 79 degree water.

Granite_33
07-26-2005, 01:56 PM
And here's Randy again, headed for yet another wipeout...
http://www.pbase.com/hmac/image/46598096.jpg

Uhhhhhhhh......no sh*t he's heading for a wipeout!!!!!! :eek:

That rivals my wakeboard jumps... :D

LakePirate
07-26-2005, 02:02 PM

Don't know if I said this before but go the rehab route first. The surgery will eliminate the pain initially but it often times is not the fix. I had it done over 5 years ago and still can't throw a football further than 10 yards. As a reference I was a quarterback in College and could stand flat footed at the warning track and throw strikes to second base. I really hate it for you man.

Farmer Ted
07-26-2005, 03:06 PM
Rotator Cuff?

Tim-
Are those video captures or a series of images taken by a high $$$ camera?

Video grabs from a $200 JVC Mini DV camera (7 year old camera man)

bcampbe7
07-26-2005, 03:10 PM
Video grabs from a $200 JVC Mini DV camera (7 year old camera man)

Looks great... I need a video camera...

jimmer2880
07-27-2005, 06:51 AM

Dang brad... that really stinks. How did you manage that?

shepherd
07-27-2005, 04:47 PM

notice the massive air I caught

Jeez Farmer how did this begin? Were you trying to take a crap from your slalom ski??? :confused

tex
07-27-2005, 04:56 PM
Jeez Farmer how did this begin? Were you trying to take a crap from your slalom ski??? :confused

I was thinking the same thing!

Zach S
08-04-2005, 05:25 PM
Here you go...

Zach S
08-04-2005, 05:41 PM
Round 2 ....

Zach S
08-04-2005, 05:42 PM
Round 3...

Zach S
08-04-2005, 05:46 PM
How all of this got started...

08-04-2005, 08:01 PM
man, those are some wicked wipeouts. that one with the kd7000 catching major air is wild!!! wow.....

I took a bad digger last weekend, but no pics..... :(

MarkP
08-04-2005, 08:04 PM
Nice Zach:headbang:

BriEOD
08-04-2005, 08:19 PM
LMFAO!! Dude he's right, what the hell are you doin?

Ric
08-08-2005, 11:28 AM
more ugliness .

Crash
08-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Watch out, here comes the handle!!

Ric
08-08-2005, 01:29 PM
Watch out, here comes the handle!!
whooo no kidding
had one the other day that looped under a ski in the floor and kept flailing the ski up and down as the crew tried to stop :eek: in my brand new interior!!! (MC better warrant that too ;) )

once had a buddy trying to deepwater start behind my old supra on an old HO
strong fella could load the rope but NOT get out of the damn water
once he let go and the handle came at us! The girls in obs seat were new and I ducked. the handle smacked the windshield between their heads! smacked so hard it sounded like a shotgun but didnt break the glass. that would have messed up a purty face for sure :eek:

areamike
08-12-2005, 02:39 PM
Nice faceplant. Always tuck that chin!
Wipeout (http://www.fauxpas.org/modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums/album32/benjo2.wmv)

BriEOD
08-12-2005, 03:30 PM
A header!!

MarkP
08-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Nice faceplant. Always tuck that chin!
Wipeout (http://www.fauxpas.org/modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums/album32/benjo2.wmv)Nice, Is that you??

bucky
08-12-2005, 04:00 PM
Makes me clench a butt full of vinyl just watching that video!:eek: Hope he lived.

areamike
08-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Nice, Is that you??

Not me, thank God, I've had my share of those.I was running Video..it's my cousin. And yeah he lived. He went wakeboarding right after that landing some back rolls and crap...He's still young and strong.

08-12-2005, 07:49 PM
that had to hurt the next morning..... :eek:

bepresto
08-12-2005, 10:17 PM
Almost Stuck It

3event
08-12-2005, 11:05 PM
footer's advice: if you are going to 1foot and let go with 1hand, make it the hand OPPOSITE the lifted foot ... or the following sequence is likely to occur:

(I did this twice before I used the right hand and then stuck it)

3event
08-12-2005, 11:08 PM
pic 2 .......................

3event
08-12-2005, 11:09 PM
pic 3 ......................

3event
08-12-2005, 11:10 PM
and pic 4 ...............

6ballsisall
08-12-2005, 11:12 PM
Those sting!!

Ah... I am getting old, the pain doesn't look like as much fun anymore :D

3event
08-12-2005, 11:14 PM
didn't hurt as much as it would appear, really shocked the observers though ! good for a few laughs ! I can hear them chuckling on the video, such compassion.....

stevo137
08-23-2005, 09:26 PM
Peace my friends, Peace! :)
I think this one knocked some sense into me... :rolleyes:

MarkP
08-23-2005, 09:38 PM
didn't hurt as much as it would appear, really shocked the observers though ! good for a few laughs ! I can hear them chuckling on the video, such compassion.....
And to think I want to learn to barefoot..

HeII, at my age, I’ll break a hip or something.

I do love to see those wipeouts on video. The guy is gone, like, RIGHT NOW!!

SKI*MC
08-23-2005, 11:36 PM
unsuccessful backroll

jimmer2880
08-24-2005, 06:58 AM
And to think I want to learn to barefoot..

HeII, at my age, I’ll break a hip or something.

I do love to see those wipeouts on video. The guy is gone, like, RIGHT NOW!!

Mark, like I've said before - come on down (er - a - I guess it's over?). I'll get you footin, no problem. The river's been good to us this year.

bcampbe7
09-26-2005, 03:21 PM
My wife took a nasty face plant this weekend.
She is getting pretty good on the slalom and was practicing cutting across the wake. Well she started out great and hit the first wake. About half-way across the wake she just gave up. She came off the second wake and nosed the ske in. She hit the water in what I refer to as the stick em up position. Arms up as in both hands raised. I circled around quickly as I caught the mishap in the mirror. When she came up she was a bit dazed and couldn't see (I guess due to the sudden rush of water to the eyeballs). The insides of both arms were beat red also from smacking the water. :eek: From the boat it sounded like a loud clap when she hit the water.
She got in the boat, took a couple Tylenol (for the predicted headache) and was ready to go again, but it was time to head home.

stevo137
09-26-2005, 03:28 PM
Glad to hear she's ok.
I took a bad one at Mania.
I was on my way towards 3 ball and the bump took me down hard.
Knocked the wind out of me and my shoulder is still very sore...
Here's one that I snapped of Pilot at 3 ball.

bcampbe7
09-26-2005, 03:38 PM
Glad to hear she's ok.

Yeah, she's a trooper! :love:
That 3 ball was brutal!

BriEOD
09-26-2005, 03:58 PM
Glad to hear she's ok.
He probably pulled out of that one! ;)

Leroy
09-26-2005, 04:12 PM
He pulled it out right Stevo?

stevo137
09-26-2005, 04:14 PM
He pulled it out right Stevo?
Uhhh, yeaaa...??? :rolleyes:

bcampbe7
09-26-2005, 04:33 PM
nevermind....

BriEOD
09-26-2005, 04:50 PM
Doesn't he know he's supposed to keep the ski, not his body, perpedicular to the boat. :uglyhamme

That's a hard fall there. We all have sets like that.

SteveO
09-26-2005, 09:28 PM
Came up short on the 6 ball

SKI*MC
09-26-2005, 09:35 PM
it will happen....

stevo137
09-26-2005, 10:54 PM
Came up short on the 6 ball
SteveO, I know that fall.
A direct rib shot, broke one two seasons ago.
Ski just popped out of the water...

RickDV
09-26-2005, 11:07 PM
This one's not such a great pic and my son would shoot me if he saw this. His board stuck to the start dock and he performed a perfect faceplant.

areamike
09-26-2005, 11:42 PM
This one's not such a great pic and my son would shoot me if he saw this. His board stuck to the start dock and he performed a perfect faceplant.

oh my gosh that totally sucks!

André
09-27-2005, 08:13 AM
Nice pic! :headbang:

X-45
09-27-2005, 08:27 AM

You mean you are standing on the dock when the boat goes :cool:. Do you just jump up when the boat pulls. :headbang:

RickDV
09-27-2005, 09:19 AM
You mean you are standing on the dock when the boat goes :cool:. Do you just jump up when the boat pulls. :headbang:

Yup, it is called a hop start. Never have to get wet above the knee (unless you faceplant!)

Ocassionally, if the carpet on the dock is quite wet and you stand in one position too long you get some suction action going and the board will stick to the dock.

sizzler
09-27-2005, 09:21 AM
i do the same on a mono ski as well.........obviously with only the front foot in the bindings :D

BuoyChaser
09-27-2005, 09:40 AM
these are great, gotta go through my list to see if i can find some of my PERSONAL BEST TRICKS, alarm clocks as we call them...

BuoyChaser
10-24-2005, 01:15 PM
okay, this is not my wipeout video but one that has been floating around the internet for awhile now by Dave Benson that he did back in 2003... :popcorn:

it's mainly slalom skiers in the course and is 10mb in size, http://www.schnitzskis.com/images/Crash_Burn_vs_extended.wmv

richardsoncd
10-24-2005, 03:48 PM
Not me....thank god. :eek:

BuoyChaser
10-24-2005, 03:49 PM
NICE, look like that is a WRIST JAMMER!!!what did he hit a rogue wave???

erkoehler
10-24-2005, 03:51 PM
He is wearing some short shorts......thats gonna hurt

richardsoncd
10-24-2005, 03:53 PM
NICE, look like that is a WRIST JAMMER!!!what did he hit a rogue wave???
I have no idea...but the worst was yet to come

richardsoncd
10-24-2005, 03:57 PM
I've heard that chicks dig scars....but how about concusions and prolonged druling on yourself from falls???

erkoehler
10-24-2005, 04:08 PM
not so much, and they also like kids, too many falls like that and you won't have many female friends..... :eek:

BuoyChaser
10-24-2005, 04:30 PM
good thing he had just a rear toe plate and not high wraps...lot of different opinions on what is worse during a fall, wether better to have the bindings stay on or not...i agree some of my worse injuries are when one foot comes out and the other stays in, DOUBLE HIGH WRAPS FOR ME!!!

richardsoncd
10-24-2005, 05:07 PM
good thing he had just a rear toe plate and not high wraps...lot of different opinions on what is worse during a fall, wether better to have the bindings stay on or not...i agree some of my worse injuries are when one foot comes out and the other stays in, DOUBLE HIGH WRAPS FOR ME!!!

That fall was also not me....not that I haven't hit the water hard, but I agree, high wraps all the way. I would rather know where my ski is when I am heading for the water head first!!!

MasterCrafting
10-24-2005, 09:03 PM
This was actually a really fun fall, i flipped over onto my back and skidded awhile. :firejump:

88 PS190
10-24-2005, 10:07 PM
I spiral fractured my femur in a particularly nice fall, no good pics, but i can prolly find the xray and a pic of the rods.

SKI*MC
10-24-2005, 11:16 PM
This was actually a really fun fall, i flipped over onto my back and skidded awhile. :firejump:

haha i remember that day, it was fun, oh how i miss the summer!

suedv
10-24-2005, 11:39 PM
Barefooting gone wrong

stevo137
10-24-2005, 11:56 PM
Barefooting gone wrong
You have just confirmed why I will not barefoot...

Cloaked
10-25-2005, 12:23 AM
You have just confirmed why I will not barefoot...I call BS.. We about had you ready at the last outing.. You're next Steve... :D :D Can you say barefoot boom?

stevo137
10-25-2005, 12:27 AM
I call BS.. We about had you ready at the last outing.. You're next Steve... :D :D Can you say barefoot boom?
You're right, I was close...

Cloaked
10-25-2005, 12:33 AM
You're right, I was close...Just tell the Mrs that you're going to try a new method of skiing. Get her approval and you're the next footer in June of 06. I feel certain that Griff will be back with his boom and course. And Mikey is just waiting to get you on the boom... :D

Leroy
10-25-2005, 01:26 AM
Stevo;

You're in, I'm in!

Deal?

stevo137
10-25-2005, 09:40 AM
Stevo;

You're in, I'm in!

Deal?
Depends on how I feel.
Back on topic.

Foiler
10-25-2005, 10:06 AM
One of my daughters first invert attempts

sizzler
10-25-2005, 10:18 AM
nice pic foiler.....nice

tex
02-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Sea World Texas style!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM0yNNvacQg

jimmer2880
02-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Pretty good video. And I thought the pros never fell ;)

Maristar210
02-03-2008, 12:01 AM
Sea World Texas style!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM0yNNvacQg

Nice vid Tex, except the Basketball dudes--->gey

russlars
02-08-2008, 09:45 PM
Here's a series of my son wiping out!

tex
02-09-2008, 01:13 AM
Pretty good video. And I thought the pros never fell ;)
When I was at SW...we killed ourselves!

uawaterskier
02-09-2008, 04:46 AM
whooo no kidding
had one the other day that looped under a ski in the floor and kept flailing the ski up and down as the crew tried to stop :eek: in my brand new interior!!! (MC better warrant that too ;) )

once had a buddy trying to deepwater start behind my old supra on an old HO
strong fella could load the rope but NOT get out of the damn water
once he let go and the handle came at us! The girls in obs seat were new and I ducked. the handle smacked the windshield between their heads! smacked so hard it sounded like a shotgun but didnt break the glass. that would have messed up a purty face for sure :eek:I know this is a old quote, but our 07 boat that we turned in had a cracked oil pressure gauge face...its the one furthest to the left of the driver. Yeah definately launched a handle into. I was driving, I about jumped up out of the seat when it hit the dash.:D

ProTour X9
02-09-2008, 08:46 AM
I know this is a old quote, but our 07 boat that we turned in had a cracked oil pressure gauge face...its the one furthest to the left of the driver. Yeah definately launched a handle into. I was driving, I about jumped up out of the seat when it hit the dash.:D

And they say a Safe-T-Top is obsolete????:confused:

uawaterskier
02-09-2008, 01:07 PM
And they say a Safe-T-Top is obsolete????:confused:
I had to look that one up...that thing is U G L Y. I would just be happy if they bought us the shock thing that the rope runs through.

jimmer2880
02-10-2008, 06:58 PM
I had to look that one up...that thing is U G L Y. I would just be happy if they bought us the shock thing that the rope runs through.

The shock tubes help, but not totally. With my 2 small children in the boat, we run 2 tubes (1 tube behind the other). Even with 2 tubes on, we've still had the handle land on the swim platform. But, that same handle without the tube would have gone through my head :eek:

Chas
02-10-2008, 07:42 PM
I have often wondered if the folks in the SW shows do more than one 'event?'

I guess it would be a bummer to forget what you were riding and try to take the ramp with an air chair or something.

mig
02-10-2008, 08:16 PM

roddydog
02-10-2008, 08:34 PM
OOOOOPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Blew out my ear drum doing that!!

learjet2230
02-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Oh man!!!!! Hurts just looking at!

BrandonKTM
02-11-2008, 04:54 PM
I once slalom skied behind an Ultralight with floats. He started from the water, 150' rope, and me, then my MC with ski buddy driving and wife filming. Went about 1.5 miles with the wind at my back and no wake at 50 MPH! Then it got ugly. Ultralight turned into the wind and me too and thus some small wind waves coming at me. Slowed down to maybe 45 MPH and ultralight went up to about 100' thus the angle of the rope was high and I couldn't keep weight back. Buried the tip straight ahead at 45+ and damn near killed myself. Could not climb into boat by myself and headed to hospital as I thought back or neck broke. Fortunately not, and wore a brace for several weeks. The worst part is I have no idea where that video is and the ultralight pilot was killed a few years later when his buddies ultralight had mechanical failure.

atlfootr
05-26-2008, 09:59 PM
Found this, incase you haven't seen it before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7bsnsAnQ-4&feature=related

shepherd
05-26-2008, 10:24 PM
Found this, incase you haven't seen it before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7bsnsAnQ-4&feature=related

I showed that to my 4 year old nephew and 8 year old niece last month. They were laughing so hard, they must have watched it ten times in a row that night. :D

shepherd
05-26-2008, 10:26 PM

coz
03-26-2010, 10:22 PM
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm258/cozaz/today027.jpg

Hoosier Bob
03-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Sorry no pic of the wipeout but this shot by Milk while a bunch of other members here were at MM 2 is just before a nice tip down landing! Broken Sternum!

coz
04-04-2010, 12:40 PM
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm258/cozaz/Wakeboarding/036.jpg

tex
04-04-2010, 01:59 PM
I have often wondered if the folks in the SW shows do more than one 'event?'

I guess it would be a bummer to forget what you were riding and try to take the ramp with an air chair or something.

You gotta do everything! Jump, foot, carry chicks, foil, wakeboard, slalom, and drink!

LaRue
04-05-2010, 12:20 AM
great shot Coz. :toast:

coz
05-31-2010, 12:09 AM
great shot Coz. :toast:

Thanks....we do this alot :D

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm258/cozaz/Saguaro/032-1.jpg
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm258/cozaz/Saguaro/101.jpg

coz
07-01-2010, 04:16 PM
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm258/cozaz/Wakeboarding/022-2.jpg
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm258/cozaz/Wakeboarding/028-1.jpg

Gofast
07-08-2010, 10:59 PM
The 4th still learning, great pics

beef
07-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Don't think my ski partner would mind me posting such an epic wipeout pic. OTF at the wakes @ 35 off.

André
07-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Don't think my ski partner would mind me posting such an epic wipeout pic. OTF at the wakes @ 35 off.
Great pic!
Seems to be a missing element ...
Right foot forward?:D
My skiing partner had something similar last week with his new HO EXO system.It released great...

ncsone
07-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Here you go - a short, but painful wakeboard up/down. A real 'eyeball peeler'. Once he hit, he was done for the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8QJAe-AP4w

beef
07-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Great pic!
Seems to be a missing element ...
Right foot forward?:D
My skiing partner had something similar last week with his new HO EXO system.It released great...

Yep RFF. Left the ski back at the wakes - I think he was on the second tumble in this pic. Glad to hear the EXO system let go like it should.