PDA

View Full Version : H.O. Mach 1 ski

rodecker1978
03-04-2008, 11:15 PM
As this ski has been around forever I'm sure some of you have some experience with it? Would you all rate this ski as an intermediate ski? Pretty stable ski in the turns? I'm at best an intermediate skiier but want to really work on the slalom skills this summer...

Thanks.

ncsone
03-04-2008, 11:24 PM
I used to sell this ski (tons of them) for years when I worked in a local waterski/wakeboard shop. It is one of the most user-friendly skis out there. It was a home run for intermediate skiers - once they skied it, they had to have it. It has a narrow tunnel on the bottom with wide shoulders on each side of the ski bottom, making it very stable. Also, it is very wide in the forebody of the ski, which makes it easy to get up on and to ski. It has very square bevels (where the bottom transitions to the side of the ski), which makes it very stable 'on edge'. I believe that it was one of, if not the best selling ski HO ever made. I would consider it a solid intermediate ski. It probably will not take you to deep shortline lengths unless you have already been there.

Hope this helps.

pram
03-04-2008, 11:25 PM
I skied on one of these for 5 years or so before getting my new stick. I loved it great ski and you can cave it up with it.

ncsone
03-04-2008, 11:25 PM
I used to sell this ski (tons of them) for years when I worked in a local waterski/wakeboard shop. It is one of the most user-friendly skis out there. It was a home run for intermediate skiers - once they skied it, they had to have it. It has a narrow tunnel on the bottom with wide shoulders on each side of the ski bottom, making it very stable. Also, it is very wide in the forebody of the ski, which makes it easy to get up on and to ski. It has very square bevels (where the bottom transitions to the side of the ski), which makes it very stable 'on edge'. I believe that it was one of, if not the best selling ski HO ever made. I would consider it a solid intermediate ski. It probably will not take you to deep shortline lengths unless you have already been there.

Farmer Ted
03-04-2008, 11:32 PM
As this ski has been around forever I'm sure some of you have some experience with it? Would you all rate this ski as an intermediate ski? Pretty stable ski in the turns? I'm at best an intermediate skiier but want to really work on the slalom skills this summer...

Thanks.

I have one, a 68" with a Wiley High Wrap and rear toe plate, if you're interested in get one...............

oh and it's got a killer MasterCraft decal on the bottom so it's got to be worth alot.......

rodecker1978
03-04-2008, 11:35 PM
Great to hear. This ski is such a bargain too and the new retro graphics are pretty sweet lookin' :)

rodecker1978
03-04-2008, 11:36 PM
lol. A killer MC decal on the bottom? Does that contribute to the integrity of the ski? :)

BIGBADBLUE
03-04-2008, 11:43 PM
A Mach was my first ski that I actually owned for myself. I really liked it. I have been thinking about getting it out of the attic and taking it for a spin this spring. You just brought back many memories ...

Farmer Ted
03-04-2008, 11:49 PM
lol. A killer MC decal on the bottom? Does that contribute to the integrity of the ski? :)

let's just say that when I was riding this ski, the word "Pro Tour*" was mentioned a time or two by a Wildman

But that was a few years and 25 or so pounds ago, lately I get all my skis from Pendo, he's my dealer

*Pro Tour aka Prozac Tour........

wakolman
03-05-2008, 01:38 AM
I bought one this past summer. I haven't spent much time on it, but it seems like I won't be outgrowing it anytime soon.

weskix4
03-06-2008, 04:20 PM
I've owned several HO skies and the Mach 1 was my favorite by far. Unfortunately, age and weight have pushed me into the Triumph series. I do miss my Mach but my son loves it! You can't go wrong with a Mach 1!!

6ballsisall
03-06-2008, 04:35 PM
That was "my" first Slalom ski. HO Mach 1 69" w/ Double boots. I ski'd that thing for a good 8 years. Very forgiving and stable ski. You should be able to pick one up for next to nothing. I literally gave mine away.