PDA

View Full Version : Obrien Sequence

kjohnson
03-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Has anybody skied the new Obrien Sequence? It is a hybrid like the Synchro. I don't normally like the wider bodies, but I was thinking it might be good to help others learn to get up and still ski well. It cost about $100 less than the synchro.

rodecker1978
03-04-2008, 10:10 PM
Kjohnson,
A bud of mine has the sequence and is just learning to ski. It is a great ski for lower speeds (28-30mph) and is very stable. Turns fairly well but hits the wake hard as it is a pretty wide body. Can't really say how it would compare to the Syncro...but I'd guess they are fairly comparable based on the shape of the ski.

kjohnson
03-05-2008, 08:49 AM
Thanks. Sounds like I wouldn't be interested. Have you skied a sychro?

rodecker1978
03-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Yep, I have skied the syncro - I liked it a lot. I'm switching to a H.O. Mach 1 this summer.

kjohnson
03-05-2008, 09:50 AM
If you like the sychro so well, why are you changing? Is the HO faster?

bkblaida
03-05-2008, 06:20 PM
I ran a synchro for 3 years. It was recommended for both me and my daughter to learn to ski the course at Coble ski school. Easy to get up on and good in the course at slow speeds. My daughter still uses the Synchro and we use this ski to teach friends how to get up on 1 ski.
Last year our local ski coach recommended I upgrade to the HO Triumph. While still a shaped ski I find it is more responsive in the course, solid to 32 mph and great in open water. My Triumph is 2" shorter than the Synchro and this could be some of the snap I am feeling in my turns that I just never felt w/ the Synchro. I have seen people run 22 off at 30 mph with the Synchro so it is very capable ski in the course and still tons of fun on open water. Love my Triumph, I believe I ski better on the Triumph (and that is really all that counts) but cannot say a bad word about the Synchro.

PS my daughter prefers the Syncho

88 PS190
03-05-2008, 08:25 PM
If you like the sychro so well, why are you changing? Is the HO faster?
I love the concept of "faster" in slalom skis.

Really its the angle that the ski will hold through the wakes.

Its the hardest thing when people look at say a Goode 9800 because its light and fast, but they will never be in control because it tries to achieve much more angle through the wakes than other skis.