PDA

View Full Version : Stereo for 79SS

Slinkyredfoot
03-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Fianlly going to install a stereo in the old boat. I have searched the archives for anyone's suggestion on a good, reasonable priced CD/MP3 with a wireless remote and speakers but have come up empty.
Anyone have suggestions and recommendations on this subject? I have seen many but would like imput before I buy one....
Thanks for any input

kycat2007
03-03-2008, 02:41 PM
I think several tt members have put in some kicking stereo systems ie Diesel. I think Clarion has a great name and have been put into many Mastercrafts from the factory over the years. I would suggest getting one with Ipod friendly inputs as this is so mainstream now a days. If not Clarion I would probably look at one with a removable face so stheft is not and issue as you can remove the face plate and take it with you or hide it in the boat. I also like Alpine for quality sound.

JBaker
03-03-2008, 02:53 PM
I second the vote for Clarion. Probably the best marine head units and good bang for the buck in the speaker line. If you are powering the speakers with the head unit, I would recommend the Clarion speakers. They are very efficient and reliable. If you are going to use an external power amp, you might want to spring for something like the polk momo's or JL's.

Specific Clarion model #s to consider:
CMD5 or M475 head unit.
CM1635 or CMCS7.1 speakers.

Good luck!

Slinkyredfoot
03-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the info, is a favorite place on line to look at these Clarion units? I was also interested in a wireless remote due mounting issues and space..not a lot of room in these older boats...

east tx skier
03-03-2008, 05:10 PM
For the money, I've been very pleased with the JVC heads. My latest one has a digital ipod port (you can run the ipod remotely from the deck), plays MP3s and WMAs off of cd, removeable face, wirless remote, and ran about $129 on ebay. I had a JVC in my last boat that was trouble free the entire time I owned it.