PDA

View Full Version : fat sac questions

ULMboarder
03-02-2008, 06:57 PM
ok. i just got the 79 mastercraft. i went and test ran it yesterday. I lined my boat right next to the ULM ski team's mastercraft (2007 19' or 20'?), and we both gunned it at the same time. 1 person each. the thing that i noticed that i didnt like about mine is that it stood up in the front a little more than their's but im sure that thats just because of the newer technology and stuff. but when my buddy (325lbs maybe) got in the back its stood straight up to the point that i had to stand up to see.

so since im a wakeboarder im naturally gonna want to weight it down. lol. I have a fat sac seat (?lbs) and a tube sac (?lbs). so my question is, is there a way to get into the front of the boat to put the tube sac in there so that it will push the nose down a little bit? or is there another way to get it down? just wondering.

Aric'sX15
03-02-2008, 07:13 PM
try putting it in front of the engine hatch?

88 PS190
03-02-2008, 07:42 PM
you need to apply weight to the front and balance the two for good even wakes.

The newer hulls are significantly wider through the running surface, this shape will be a bit more resistant to the tail plunge than your 79.

Might consider a bolster for your seat, and then place your weight to the sides of the engine, and a bag in front, as opposed to a seat in the back etc.

As far as getting it up there, i assume your seat lifts up? Then you could fish it up there.

Covi
03-02-2008, 07:44 PM
That Boat was never designed to put extra (ie. fat sac) weight in it. I would be real hesitant to putting exsessive weight under the front passengers seat (under the bow). Reason, that vintage boat has a very low nose and when throttling down you may have problems of nose diving. I'd be more incline to remove the rear seat and use that area for the weight. Then sit on a cushion to see.

Or better yet buy a wake board boat and use the vintage MaterCraft for beer drinking, sun set putts!!!

88 PS190
03-02-2008, 07:47 PM
I would be real hesitant to putting exsessive weight under the front passengers seat (under the bow). Reason, that vintage boat has a very low nose and when throttling down you may have problems of nose diving.

That is of course a distinct possibility, it takes more driver skill and thought to maneuver a loaded boat, remembering not to cut throttle into waves, and cross wakes at angles when possible will cut down on the bow waves that come into your lap.

JKTX21
03-02-2008, 07:49 PM
You can always try and put weight more forward or under the bow. I'm kind of in agreement with Covi though... the older MC's sit pretty low and have lower gunwales than the newer models. I've buried the nose on my buddies '87 PS190 a time or two (unweighted).

Covi
03-02-2008, 07:50 PM
You said it 88. If you don't know what your doing that boat with a loaded nose would would require some skills.

ULMboarder
03-02-2008, 11:33 PM
im not too worried about the nose divin on me. i have some unwanted experience with that. 10 people, 2 ice chest, and a keg dont fit real well on 17 aluminum bass boat. lol.

i know i can get under there cause i saw the opening in the top of the footwell i guess when i was screwin the amp into the wall. but there is foam in there and it looks like all the cables are in there. i guess im worried about pinching or breaking cables or somethin if i put a 350lb sac of water in there. maybe a 50lb lead bag or 2 would help?