PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the gas?

Aric'sX15
03-02-2008, 02:23 PM
I started the boat yesterday to go on a quick wake session, but a second or two after i started it, it would just die. It would start when i would give it some gas while starting(in neutral) and it would start right up. After that, i would put it back in nuetral, and it would idol weird. Any explanations?
Any help appreciated,
Aric

JimN
03-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Weird, as in lumpy, sluggish, coughing/sputtering, it died or surging? Could be a lot of things but you'll have to provide more info. When was it run last, was it winterized, when was the last tune-up, what is the service history and WTH is G-Bury? Glastongury is all I can come up with but that could be wrong.

Take a fuel sample, check the fuel pressure, make sure the fuel doesn't have water in it and isn't cloudy, dark or showing some other signs pf contamination. If it has StaBil in it, forget about it looking dark- it will. When was the flame arrestor cleaned? Is it closed cooling? Make sure the coolant temperature sensor wire is in place (two wire plug with a yellow and a black wire)

JKTX21
03-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Granbury JimN!

I had the same problem when I was running mine for the first time last week. Pulled the plugs they looked good, checked the cap, looked good, found no fuel pressure at the throttle body.... I diagnosed an empty fuel tank in the end.

Gotta get that gas gauge fixed this year. 8p

Aric'sX15
03-02-2008, 02:58 PM
it would turn over, then die! it hasn't been ran in about a month, and it was winterized. Could it be air in the gas line?

joey414
03-02-2008, 03:11 PM
I know there is alot of difference in carb vs. injection but i had mine do something similar and it was a vaccum leak on a hose attaching to the intake. Maybe it would have the same effects on an injected motor. Good Luck.