PDA

View Full Version : Barefoot Suit Sale

JohnnyB
03-01-2008, 10:34 AM
I've been watching the Eagle Blade and Razor BF suits....Barefoot central recently dropped their prices to $159 on both these suits...sizes are limited.....

Just ordered one...:firejump:

...to replace my Intensity "purple spiderweb" suit circa 1993.....both the leg straps are busted and most of the padding has been hotglued, shoe goo'd and contact cemented back in place....tears in both shoulders are held together by shoe goo....I should post pics....you'd find it hard to believe I still wear it....its very comfortable and I certainly got my money's worth out of it :D

flipper
03-01-2008, 10:45 AM
That sounds like a pair of shoes I have. My wife laughs at me and my tore up shoes. I ask her "Do you know how long it too me to get them just right? And now you want me to give them up?"

erkoehler
03-03-2008, 06:06 PM
I've been watching the Eagle Blade and Razor BF suits....Barefoot central recently dropped their prices to $159 on both these suits...sizes are limited.....

Just ordered one...:firejump:

...to replace my Intensity "purple spiderweb" suit circa 1993.....both the leg straps are busted and most of the padding has been hotglued, shoe goo'd and contact cemented back in place....tears in both shoulders are held together by shoe goo....I should post pics....you'd find it hard to believe I still wear it....its very comfortable and I certainly got my money's worth out of it :D

Sounds like it!

Let us know how you like the new suit when the lakes open, I may change suits this year. Right now I have a BFI.

No Skeez
03-03-2008, 06:36 PM
There's a good reason KSO left both of those sponsors...

Just my :twocents:

erkoehler
03-03-2008, 06:37 PM
If you knew the REAL Chuck Gleason, you would never support anything that has to do with him or either of his companies, Barefootcentral.com or Eagle Wetsuits...

There's a good reason KSO left both of those sponsors...

Just my :twocents:

Your not the first person I've heard this from.......sounds like a story under the story!

No Skeez
03-03-2008, 06:39 PM
It's not my style to throw other people under the bus...

erkoehler
03-03-2008, 06:41 PM
It's not my style to throw other people under the bus, but I do have a problem when the individual in question is able to make himself out to be a hero on his forum simply by deleting all the posts that portray him in a negative light... All I'm saying is that if people knew the real personality of this guy, BFC would be out of business by the end of the year...

Nuff said......haven't ordered anything from them in quite a few years. It will stay that way too.

Hollywood
03-04-2008, 11:06 AM
I do have a problem when the individual in question is able to make himself out to be a hero on his forum simply by deleting all the posts that portray him in a negative light...

As well as posting under several names and lying to people to pump up himself and his companies.

I still think Eagle wetsuits are/were the best, but Chuck is a loser. They were awesome before he took over, I wish he never bought them and tainted Eagle's name and reputation.

No Skeez
03-04-2008, 08:35 PM
As well as posting under several names and lying to people to pump up himself and his companies.

I still think Eagle wetsuits are/were the best, but Chuck is a loser. They were awesome before he took over, I wish he never bought them and tainted Eagle's name and reputation.

Have you tried a Vortex yet? Give it a rip if you get the opportunity... I converted my dad in one run by having him use my suit instead of his Eagle!

Hollywood
03-05-2008, 09:26 AM
I have, bought my brother a Storm a few years ago when they first came out. I hear they are more flexible now. I'm a big fan of both RS and KSO, but not sure I want to throw my $$ overseas just yet. I've got enough wetsuits to last me a few years anyhow.

JohnnyB
03-10-2008, 06:15 PM
OK, update.....I got my Eagle Suit and don't care for the fit or the construction....probably should've ordered a large. I'm sending it back and am going to look for a Barefoot International suit.....anybody seen any deals?????

erkoehler
03-10-2008, 06:23 PM
OK, update.....I got my Eagle Suit and don't care for the fit or the construction....probably should've ordered a large. I'm sending it back and am going to look for a Barefoot International suit.....anybody seen any deals?????

I'll hook you up, give me a call when your ready.

JLeuck64
03-10-2008, 08:23 PM

One of the guys on my show ski team went to Think Tank this year. He got a killer deal on a suit from Mike himself. He was clearing out his used inventory of suits he uses at his school. Since your up in that neck of the woods you might want to consider swinging by next year...

JohnnyB
03-10-2008, 09:02 PM
I actually called Mike today at the suggestion of Whitedog who was also at ThinkTank. Mike was sold out of most of his demo stuff.

erkoehler
03-10-2008, 10:08 PM
I actually called Mike today at the suggestion of Whitedog who was also at ThinkTank. Mike was sold out of most of his demo stuff.

Which suit do you want?

areamike
08-22-2008, 11:30 AM
Have you tried a Vortex yet? Give it a rip if you get the opportunity... I converted my dad in one run by having him use my suit instead of his Eagle!

I have and I personally prefer the Eagle suits over the Vortex. I have tried a Vortex Helix V2 and the new Vapor. Both fit ok, but had a lot less padding than the eagles. The Eagle suits, in my opinion, fit better and feel more comfortable overall. I now own a Eagle Revolution and it fits and skis wonderfully.

As for Chuck Gleason. I guess you must take him for what he is worth. He is in the business of making money so leave it at that. No one forces anyone to buy from him, so I don't think it is fair to "bad-mouth" him and defame him and tell others not to buy from him all because of some personal "I don't like him" attitude. He has done TONS for this sport. More than me and more than anyone that has posted in this topic I'm sure.

No Skeez
08-22-2008, 11:40 AM
As for Chuck Gleason. I guess you must take him for what he is worth. He is in the business of making money so leave it at that. No one forces anyone to buy from him, so I don't think it is fair to "bad-mouth" him and defame him and tell others not to buy from him all because of some personal "I don't like him" attitude. He has done TONS for this sport. More than me and more than anyone that has posted in this topic I'm sure.

I probably should have left my personal feelings out, so for that I apologize. I will never question what he has done for the sport, and I can agree with you on how far it has come because of him.

I will eat my humble pie and again, sorry for any "bad-mouthing". As for defaming, I guess I would have to ask you what in my post led you to that synopsis? Or are you simply rolling all the posts of this two page thread into one response and quoting me? Just curious...

areamike
08-22-2008, 11:50 AM
I apologize. Defaming is a strong word. Perhaps I should have used "promoting or encouraging others to hate, bad-mouth or boycott another individul/company purely based on personal issues with that individual/company." Sounds a little better. ;)

I noticed the topic over at ABC was closed. Probably for good reasons. Any rational person does not want to see negativity through this sport no matter how much of an a-hole one or more individuals may or may not be. Perhaps snide, negative, demeaning remarks should be kept between private messages.

I will continue to support BFC, LakeElmo, and any other Vendors and individuals that support this sport, no matter what. It's just the way I am. Just like my remark about Vortex over Eagle. I don't buy a barefoot suit because of the person selling it. I buy it for the overall product satisfaction.