PDA

View Full Version : "Emergency Text Messaging"

chudson
02-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Make sure your kids are aware of this service at their school. After the shootings recently it is a good service to be logged into in case of an emergecy. Some schools have already implemented the service some are just starting it. Have them go to the schools main web site and put Emergency Text Messaging in the search engine and that should direct them to sign up page.

bcampbe7
02-29-2008, 02:49 PM
Make sure your kids are aware of this service at their school. After the shootings recently it is a good service to be logged into in case of an emergecy. Some schools have already implemented the service some are just starting it. Have them go to the schools main web site and put Emergency Text Messaging in the search engine and that should direct them to sign up page.

I wasn't sure what this was so I Googled it...

Seems like a good idea:
http://www.ohio.edu/outlook/07-08/February/352.cfm

flipper
02-29-2008, 03:01 PM
Good idea, but sad that it even has to be thought of.

uawaterskier
02-29-2008, 03:05 PM
At my school it isn't just shootings, but other stuff as well. Such as tornados and severe weather. Its pretty cool when you get a txt message saying class is suspened! No lab FTW

6ballsisall
02-29-2008, 04:06 PM
I think it's an innovative idea and am glad someone thought it up. Although, my stomach does hurt to think that we have to develop these types of things for our kids today. :(

uawaterskier
02-29-2008, 04:16 PM
I think it's an innovative idea and am glad someone thought it up. Although, my stomach does hurt to think that we have to develop these types of things for our kids today. :(
I dont think it is a "have to" thing, but an easy way to alert students, no matter where they are at, quickly. Most students have a cell phone, and the ones that don't know someone that does have a phone. It really works great and keeps everyone on the same page.

ProTour X9
02-29-2008, 06:45 PM
We're not allowed any communication devices etc to be on during most of the school day. Well theres about 3 kids that have text messagers anyways. Our school website doesn't have a search engine. But, it is a redneck school.....

erkoehler
02-29-2008, 11:45 PM
We're not allowed any communication devices etc to be on during most of the school day. Well theres about 3 kids that have text messagers anyways. Our school website doesn't have a search engine. But, it is a redneck school.....

think they were talking about college.

atlfootr
03-01-2008, 12:00 AM
I'm NO Texter ...:rolleyes:

dmayer84
03-01-2008, 12:39 AM
basically the same as reverse 911, we implemented it at our hospitals.

ProTour X9
03-01-2008, 09:42 AM
think they were talking about college.
shows what kind of school I go to:o :o