PDA

View Full Version : 1991 Trailer Rebuild process starts today!! Wheel size question-

chrisbank
02-29-2008, 11:03 AM
I am going to re-build the trailer for my 91 Pro Star over the next few weeks.

My father in law has a body shop and will be sand-blasting the trailer and then throwing new paint on it.

I am going to use 3m compound to rub out the fenders. It will receive new carpeted bunks and a new EZ load system.

I would like to put new wheels and tires on it. Can you tell me what size the stock wheels are on a 1991 PS190 trailer? What is the luc pattern? I saw some cool aluminum wheels that Shep put on his 1990 rebuild - this is the style that I am looking for.

Any help is appreciated - I'll keep you posted with photos of before / in process and after.

thanks!

defender1009
02-29-2008, 01:52 PM
Please do post pics of the restore---I know there are some others on here as well, but I'm about to do the same thing on an 87 trailer after I move the boat to it's new lift, and I enjoy watching how others tackle this project.

For the wheels, I'd do a quick search for "trailer wheel" or something similar---I don't know the answer off the top of my head, but I know Harold has posted the info a few times.

flipper
02-29-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm going back and forth between restoring mine, or just getting a new one. I'll see how bad the rust is and go from there. I hope to just restore it though. Post pics for sure.

TMCNo1
02-29-2008, 02:06 PM
I am going to re-build the trailer for my 91 Pro Star over the next few weeks.

My father in law has a body shop and will be sand-blasting the trailer and then throwing new paint on it.

I am going to use 3m compound to rub out the fenders. It will receive new carpeted bunks and a new EZ load system.

I would like to put new wheels and tires on it. Can you tell me what size the stock wheels are on a 1991 PS190 trailer? What is the luc pattern? I saw some cool aluminum wheels that Shep put on his 1990 rebuild - this is the style that I am looking for.

Any help is appreciated - I'll keep you posted with photos of before / in process and after.

thanks!

Should be 14" X 6", 5 lugs on 4.5" bolt pattern. You can go to a 15" wheel, but keep the overall tire diameter near stock, somewhere around 26 1/4" IIRC

Chas
02-29-2008, 02:30 PM
How about on a real oldy - I want to go with something that looks retro but runs like newer/better tires.

I don't know where the PO got these, but they have to go.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r105/Chaswolf/MasterCraft001.jpg?t=1204313360

TMCNo1
02-29-2008, 02:50 PM
How about on a real oldy - I want to go with something that looks retro but runs like newer/better tires.

I don't know where the PO got these, but they have to go.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r105/Chaswolf/MasterCraft001.jpg?t=1204313360

IIRC, those wheels at one time were more or less std. on the older MC and aftermarket trailers and had a baby moon hubcap in the middle with a hole in it to service the bearing buddy w/o removing the hubcap. It was a sweet setup on the older boats with the whitewall trailer tire that was used back then.

Slinkeyredfoot, Ski King or somebody on here, has them on a early S/S trailer! They looks nice!

trunderw
03-14-2008, 10:49 AM
I don't know if anyone needs this but I plan on using it just to make sure on my wheels. It's a bolt pattern in pdf format. Print it out and put it over your bolts to see which pattern you have.

http://www.easternmarine.com/em_store/images/tires/Bolt_Circle.pdf

BrandonKTM
03-14-2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks....

Gonzo
03-14-2008, 12:27 PM
Chris, when you find some tires, post it up with a link... I need some too my new old boat came with some cracked tires and if I stand a chance of getting it home from grandmas I am going to need some new tread.

thx