PDA

View Full Version : team mastercraft membership card

cbryan70
02-28-2008, 11:50 PM
Glad i payed the money to beable to get the gift card and the "membership" card neither of which have been shipped to me and i ordered this in december. i had to call to get both numbers and still have not received my members card. what a joke

defender1009
02-29-2008, 12:03 AM
agreed, the "club" membership is a bit of an insult to one's intelligence. For what it includes, they should just drop it altogether and instead give an across-the-board decrease in pricing on the items in the proshop....they'd make more money and offend less of their heavy brand supporters, who are ultimately the only people springing for Mastercraft branded items in the first place.

Hrkdrivr
02-29-2008, 12:38 AM
agree as well, got some marginal stuff, no card, no magazine...i guess it's been this way for a couple years

MC2000190
02-29-2008, 01:32 AM
I was considering the membership but reading this has changed my mind! Thanks!

russlars
02-29-2008, 02:08 AM
Glad i payed the money to beable to get the gift card and the "membership" card neither of which have been shipped to me and i ordered this in december. i had to call to get both numbers and still have not received my members card. what a joke
I had the same experience. I did get some stuff, but no card and no other benefits. No renewal for me!:rant:

duckguy
02-29-2008, 02:36 AM
I got a sweet boat though and I dont care if I get a magazine to highlight it.

VOLFAN
02-29-2008, 07:27 AM
ditto here

pay 30 get 50
pay 45 get 75
pay 60 gett 100
pay 150 get 250

I figured it was too good to be true.

I was considering the membership but reading this has changed my mind! Thanks!

TMCNo1
02-29-2008, 07:34 AM
One reason these people (Powertec) are so problematic, is ya'll don't persue it and you let them get by with it!

cbryan70
02-29-2008, 11:10 AM
we should have to pressure them to send what WE paid for. I had to CALL for the gift card number and still havnt received my member ship card. It should be a hassle to receive somthing we ALREADY paid for

SkiDog
02-29-2008, 11:14 AM
we should have to pressure them to send what WE paid for. I had to CALL for the gift card number and still havnt received my member ship card. It should be a hassle to receive somthing we ALREADY paid for

I have had nothing but good experiences with it.:)

shepherd
02-29-2008, 11:41 AM
I thought I was just paying for access to this forum... :huh:

ridesdirt
02-29-2008, 11:43 AM
They did send my card, it took so long I lost track, but I am guessing 4 months.....

chudson
02-29-2008, 11:56 AM
I have had nothing but good experiences with it.:)

Ditto here too, I re-uped my membership back in late November with the 150/250 pkg. got my card and order # to get gifts and got towels, shirts, sweaters, a hat, (the 40th Anney book :mad:) and all was done in a quick manner. Even got one shirt I decieded I didn't want and sent back and recieved email that they recieved it and credited my acct. with them within the week. I have had real good luck with them!!!

justinglow
02-29-2008, 12:28 PM
So how does it work? I was thinking about joining. I understand you pick the membership level you want. After you pay do they e-mail you the gift card # right then so you can pick out what you want to order?

stuartmcnair
02-29-2008, 12:32 PM
It worked great for me. I got the shirts, ski rope guard thingy, trailer guide pad thingies, keychain, koozies. I thought it was a great deal.

ttu
02-29-2008, 12:37 PM
worked great for me also. received the card about 3 months after purchasing boat. ordered 3 shirts and some stickers.:D

east tx skier
02-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Wait, so there are levels to this thing now? Used to be you paid $30 and got a couple of tshirts, a hat, a towel, and promises of a magazine.

I still have my card.

justinglow
02-29-2008, 12:43 PM
So how long did it take to get your things after you registered? A couple of weeks?

It worked great for me. I got the shirts, ski rope guard thingy, trailer guide pad thingies, keychain, koozies. I thought it was a great deal.

D3skier
02-29-2008, 01:03 PM
yea no doubt.... been a member for the last two years and all I got was the hat and a towell.

JoeO
02-29-2008, 01:26 PM
I had the same experience as cbryan70. Joined in December and no card or magizine. Make sure you write down your member number and gift shop code before you close your browser. I used those and got my MC branded stuff off the website just fine. Agreed, we should not have to fight for something we already paid for.

stuartmcnair
02-29-2008, 03:37 PM
it took less than two weeks for everything but the keychain...they were out so that took about a month.

454Prostar190
02-29-2008, 03:45 PM
I joined yesterday yet, never received any kind of confirmation or validation.

msanantonio
02-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Became a member back in December got the card but nothing else.... Forgot about it till now. Thanks for reminding me

ProTour X9
02-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Haven't gotten a card yet....either

HDAVIS
02-29-2008, 08:16 PM
I Have Been A Member For Many Years. Never A Problem Until This Year. I Renewed In April '07. It Is Now Feb 08 And Still No Membership Card. I Have Called At Least 4 Times. They Always Say "its In The Mail"... Also, Where Is The Magazine? Its Been A While.

TMC
03-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Everyone needs to contact gregory.clower@mastercraft.com (MC Owner Relations/Team MasterCraft) and let him know of your problems!

Ok let me address a few things here if I might...

First (and most importantly), Greg Clower is NOT... I repeat IS NOT the contact for any issues you are having with Team MasterCraft. Please do not email or call him expecting that he will resolve the issue. If you want to get in touch with someone, please call 1-877-462-7883 or email at mccustomersupport@powertexgroup.com. If in the case you do not get a response after GENUINELY trying, you may contact us through our contacts page. The reason I say this is because emails regarding Team MC get to me personally and I follow up with them. And no, I am not giving you my email - I can't both look and actually be dumb!

As for the current standing of Team MasterCraft...
Those of you who have observed things are not as they use to be would be correct. We have had to change our approach and honestly we are still trying to figure things out. Overall, owners clubs (except HOG) seem to be slowly dying. We have talked to several people and looked at the issue for months but we are having a hard time pinpointing why TMC, Land Rover, Porsche, etc owners club seem to be struggling. Truth is we desire to have TMC. But membership started to fade about 5 or 6 years ago and so some of the benefits have become harder and harder to support financially. With that rock and hard place, what do we do?

With that in mind, we decided to cut back on a few of the benefits in exchange for what we felt you wanted. What we heard is that you did not like the items you were sent and you would like more of a choice. Our solution was to create a card that gave you more credit than what you paid for. So if you do the bronze membership, you pay $30 but get a $50 gift card. Silver is $45 for a $75 gift card. Gold is $60 for a $100 gift card and Platinum is $150 for a $250 gift card. Now for those of you saying we probably just jacked up prices to cover this, we did not. Regardless, this new system will allow you to take more money to the proshop and buy whatever you want. If you need more info, go here: http://www.ptxsecure.com/mcpro/tmcsignup.aspx

We also understand there are other benefits not in place like the STAR but that was a decision that had to be made. We are looking at a way to re-launch this but we have to be fiscally responsible as well. Please bear with us as we try to decipher how to best serve Team MC, regardless of the current owner's club environment. Any reasonable ideas are always welcome (key word - reasonable for all the smarty pants out there).

Thanks.

TMC - Jason

TMCNo1
03-03-2008, 03:37 PM

First (and most importantly), Greg Clower is NOT... I repeat IS NOT the contact for any issues you are having with Team MasterCraft. Please do not email or call him expecting that he will resolve the issue. If you want to get in touch with someone, please call 1-877-462-7883 or email at mccustomersupport@powertexgroup.com. If in the case you do not get a response after GENUINELY trying, you may contact us through our contacts page. The reason I say this is because emails regarding Team MC get to me personally and I follow up with them. And no, I am not giving you my email - I can't both look and actually be dumb!

Those of you who have observed things are not as they use to be would be correct. We have had to change our approach and honestly we are still trying to figure things out. Overall, owners clubs (except HOG) seem to be slowly dying. We have talked to several people and looked at the issue for months but we are having a hard time pinpointing why TMC, Land Rover, Porsche, etc owners club seem to be struggling. Truth is we desire to have TMC. But membership started to fade about 5 or 6 years ago and so some of the benefits have become harder and harder to support financially. With that rock and hard place, what do we do?

With that in mind, we decided to cut back on a few of the benefits in exchange for what we felt you wanted. What we heard is that you did not like the items you were sent and you would like more of a choice. Our solution was to create a card that gave you more credit than what you paid for. So if you do the bronze membership, you pay $30 but get a $50 gift card. Silver is $45 for a $75 gift card. Gold is $60 for a $100 gift card and Platinum is $150 for a $250 gift card. Now for those of you saying we probably just jacked up prices to cover this, we did not. Regardless, this new system will allow you to take more money to the proshop and buy whatever you want. If you need more info, go here: http://www.ptxsecure.com/mcpro/tmcsignup.aspx

We also understand there are other benefits not in place like the STAR but that was a decision that had to be made. We are looking at a way to re-launch this but we have to be fiscally responsible as well. Please bear with us as we try to decipher how to best serve Team MC, regardless of the current owner's club environment. Any reasonable ideas are always welcome (key word - reasonable for all the smarty pants out there).

Thanks.

TMC - Jason

Thank you Jason for your response!
I apologize for using Greg Clower as a contact, but it was based on this announcement, http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=126768&postcount=1, that I understood still stood and had never been edited or changed and posted here on Team Talk.
As I stated to Greg Clower in a reply to his Friday 2/28/08 e-mail, I have tried numerous ways to instruct anyone having Team MasterCraft/ProShop problems to contact your 1-877-4mc-stuf, but very few listen or even persue it, but continue to complain.
You can rest assured, in the future I will deal with my own orders only per your above post and others are on their own if they can't/won't/don't try your instructions if they are having problems.
Thanks again, Harold

454Prostar190
03-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Jason,
Thank you for the explanation! Fortunately, I was only hoping for a free Mastercraft sticker for my 2nd tow vehicle! lol I'll just be patient and see what happens! Rick

Workin' 4 Toys
03-03-2008, 05:05 PM
This may sound like a smarty pants suggestion... but isn't intended to be.

If a membership is paid for, the normal routine would be some sort of follow up contact/confirmation and/or shipment of goods in a timely fashion (Key word - timely).

Overall downturn of memberships?
Perhaps some follow up emails to existing or previous members.

cbryan70
03-03-2008, 09:30 PM
I received all of the merchandise that i ordered in a very timly manner. But this is after I called to get my gift card number which i wrote down alongwith my team mastercraft number which i wrote down and seem to have misplaced. I think that this may be a major reason for people not joined. mainly from complaints on THIS forum. Also i know of numerous request for NICE towels but it seems that that was to difficult to accomplish. Perhapes the membership would be of more interest to people if they received the gift card (which i beleive is a good idea) as well as some sort of a percentage discount. i just dont understand why Mastercraft clothing and such are SO expensive. When you look at other boat manufacturers there clothing items and proshop items seem to be priced at much less. Which to me makes alot more sense. The people that buy your stuff are advertising for YOUR company for FREE.

cbryan70
03-03-2008, 09:30 PM
double post..........

Workin' 4 Toys
03-04-2008, 12:42 PM
numerous request for NICE towels.
Don't get me started on the towels again....:rolleyes: .....:cool:

Diesel
03-04-2008, 02:10 PM

TMC - Jason

Don't for one second think that your TMC membership participation is down due to some multi-industry sweeping trend in owners clubs. It is down for one reason only - MC treats it's participants terrible and simply does not hold to it's promises. Just search the board and you will have your reasons.

Tis a shame too, it has a ton of potential......but it sounds like MC has made the decision to continue to let the program decline.

TMCNo1
03-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Don't for one second think that your TMC membership participation is down due to some multi-industry sweeping trend in owners clubs. It is down for one reason only - MC treats it's participants terrible and simply does not hold to it's promises. Just search the board and you will have your reasons.

Tis a shame too, it has a ton of potential......but it sounds like MC has made the decision to continue to let the program decline.

I have to agree.
Most if not all of the reasons for the formation of Team MasterCraft, as stated by MasterCraft was, reunions, turning the 'Star' magazine into a owners magazine, new ways to use your boat, new ways to meet our fellow owners, more direct communication between the owners and the factory as members, discounts on products by members, surveys to the owners for their input into and about new products/trends, I could go on and on, but they have all but disappeared.
Looks like I'll be like a captain of a ship, and I'll go down with the ship and that's a promise!

georgea0731
03-04-2008, 10:54 PM
I like the new set up with a credit amount better. Before, you had to choose between a few items and I always seemed to already have them and couldn't select what I wanted.
I do miss the "Star magazine", but feel like I can get most of the same info. on here. Our local car club, went to a newsletter by email and saved tons on publishing and mailing cost.
I always enjoyed the big factory reunions, even if only once every 5 years. The cost/commitment to pull a boat 500 miles, hotel, meals, etc. made it a costly adventure, but I'd do it again.
I do offer one small change to the current system, adjust the amounts on the different memberships; its now $30, $45, $60 then all the way up to $150 with nothing between, 60-150 that's a big jump. So I ask for around $100 level and don't worry if it doesn't have a cute category (gold, silver, platinum, etc). I usually get a couple hats and t-shirts, but can't justify $150 worth.
Thanks for TMC, and MC boats, it is one of the few brand localities I have!

TMCNo1
03-11-2008, 11:47 AM
I renewed our TMC Membership on 2-21-08, got our Gift Card e-mail on 3-3-08 (12 days) and we got the membership card 3-11-08 (20 days). It was one of the most effortless renewal processes I have ever experienced.

Jim@BAWS
03-11-2008, 12:23 PM
TEAM MC has evolved into something different. You are right...it is not PERFECT. How much more info can you want than RIGHT HERE. This is MCs site, there are announcments right here. Annnouncments on www.mastercraft.com .TEAM MC membership and events are becoming more localized. Some dealers have different types of events. The sport and the industry are changing. As far as direct communiction with owners. There is a TON of that. New boats have multiple surveys sent out. Intial, short term, long term etc. Upto 3 years after the boat is purchased. They (MC) is not going to send out a survey to a owner w/ a 10 or 15 year old boat. It isn't gonna happen. Dealers are graded on those surveys. CSI is of the utmost importance to MasterCraft. I don't think anyone bought a boat just because of becoming a Member of Team MC.

You will see more regionalized sponsered events by dealers w/ MC Corp participation and help. Have ya been to the US OPEN? Have ya been to the PROTOUR in recent years...ALL MASTERCRAFT PERIOD END OF STORY. WAKEBOARD AND WATERSKI PROS ALIKE

Jim@BAWS

I have to agree.
Most if not all of the reasons for the formation of Team MasterCraft, as stated by MasterCraft was, reunions, turning the 'Star' magazine into a owners magazine, new ways to use your boat, new ways to meet our fellow owners, more direct communication between the owners and the factory as members, discounts on products by members, surveys to the owners for their input into and about new products/trends, I could go on and on, but they have all but disappeared.
Looks like I'll be like a captain of a ship, and I'll go down with the ship and that's a promise!

cbryan70
03-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Well i got my membership card in the mail. After one email. THanks TMC for the email address

atlfootr
03-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Wait, so there are levels to this thing now? Used to be you paid $30 and got a couple of tshirts, a hat, a towel, and promises of a magazine.

I still have my card.This is how I remember it :rolleyes:
And I still have my card as well .... somewhere.

06' X-2 R8R H8R
03-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Jason,
Thank you for the explanation! Fortunately, I was only hoping for a free Mastercraft sticker for my 2nd tow vehicle! lol I'll just be patient and see what happens! Rick

I just want one for my first tow vehicle.....I never got one in the first place.

TMCNo1
03-18-2008, 03:08 PM
I placed our order for (2) T-Shirts and a Black Dockline with our e-mail Gift Card number on 3-12-08 online, got a e-mail confirmation our order was filled and shipped on 3-13-08, recieved our order complete as ordered, today 3-18-08, and experienced no problems whatsoever!
FWI Note, Shipping charges are not used from the Gift Card amount and will be charged seperately on a credit card, the Gift card amount only applies toward your ProShop merchandise, no shipping!

ProTour X9
03-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Just got the Membership card yesterday....

454Prostar190
03-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Just got the Membership card yesterday....

When did you join and pay? It's been about 3 weeks for me and I haven't heard anything. I suppose that I should check my bank statement!:o Rick

Gonzo
03-18-2008, 07:24 PM
just an idea guys, if the gift cards come via email you may want to check your junk box on your email clients. I have not registerd yet so I dont know what the from address looks like, but sometimes my spamfilter picks up things it shouldnt.

SkiDog
03-18-2008, 07:30 PM
When I bought my new 07 X2, My dealer must have filled out any form that was necessary fo TMC. I do not remember ever filling out any paperwork for it. So I have to thank my dealership for that! Bay Area Water Sports, Thanks for doing what you do! I also got an e-mail from my dearler warning me about my gift card deadline. It was approaching fast. I found some things I wanted to order, ordered them, and got my stuff within 1 week. Don't get no better than that! Keep up the good work. Skidog

TX.X-30 fan
03-18-2008, 07:31 PM
My membership has expired, without any notice. What exactly does one get for being a member?? I was never informed of any events anywhere that I could go and sit at the cool table in the air conditioned corp. tent and have hooters chicks serve me Tecate??

ProTour X9
03-18-2008, 08:06 PM
When did you join and pay? It's been about 3 weeks for me and I haven't heard anything. I suppose that I should check my bank statement!:o Rick
I think January we renewed....

I call 32573 but at least it came, unlike the Star Magazine for last year...

TMCNo1
03-18-2008, 08:17 PM
When I bought my new 07 X2, My dealer must have filled out any form that was necessary fo TMC. I do not remember ever filling out any paperwork for it. So I have to thank my dealership for that! Bay Area Water Sports, Thanks for doing what you do! I also got an e-mail from my dearler warning me about my gift card deadline. It was approaching fast. I found some things I wanted to order, ordered them, and got my stuff within 1 week. Don't get no better than that! Keep up the good work. Skidog

The gift cards are good for 90 days after issue!

TMCNo1
03-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Nevermind, I forgot that anyone having problems was on their own and I was through trying to help. Please forgive me!

kev88
03-18-2008, 10:28 PM
I found some things I wanted to order, ordered them, and got my stuff within 1 week.

Same here!

454Prostar190
03-25-2008, 12:19 PM
I got my Team Mastercraft Membership Card yesterday!!!!!
Whoo Hoo!!!! I AM somebody!!!! :)

badams
04-15-2008, 12:01 PM
Ok. Just renewed. When do I get my gift card. Is it emailed or snail mailed.

TMCNo1
04-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Ok. Just renewed. When do I get my gift card. Is it emailed or snail mailed.

If you registered and gave an e-mail address, it will normally be e-mailed to you in a few days. It will have a account # in it and you will have 90 days to redeem it for ProShop items. Remember, shipping $$ will not be taken off the gift certificate amount, but will be charged seperate on a Credit Card.
Print off a copy of your e-mail when you get it, in case you delete the e-mail from your inbox or trash, then you will have to call 1-877-4MC-STUF to find out the account #. If you have problems getting your gift card e-mail, membership card or have trouble ordering online or getting your ProShop order that you place, use that same 1-877-4MC-STUF to follow up to find out what is going on and get it straightened out.

This thread make all this perfectly clear as to what to do if you have problems, http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=461469&postcount=26

badams
04-15-2008, 12:50 PM
If you registered and gave an e-mail address, it will normally be e-mailed to you in a few days. It will have a account # in it and you will have 90 days to redeem it for ProShop items. Remember, shipping $$ will not be taken off the gift certificate amount, but will be charged seperate on a Credit Card.
Print off a copy of your e-mail when you get it, in case you delete the e-mail from your inbox or trash, then you will have to call 1-877-4MC-STUF to find out the account #. If you have problems getting your gift card e-mail, membership card or have trouble ordering online or getting your ProShop order that you place, use that same 1-877-4MC-STUF to follow up to find out what is going on and get it straightened out.

This thread make all this perfectly clear as to what to do if you have problems, http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=461469&postcount=26

Thanks for the info.

Slinkyredfoot
04-15-2008, 02:13 PM
I joined two weeks ago today. Still nothing in email or the regular US mail....
Eamiled them yesterday inquring but not a response:confused:

SoCalBrew
04-15-2008, 02:21 PM
I had the same experience. I did get some stuff, but no card and no other benefits. No renewal for me!:rant:

I had EXACTLY the same experience. I have spoken with many directly at mastercraft, and spoken many times to the person that runs the memberships... and they just can't get it together. There is not much, if any benefit that I can see. I only received a few things, towel and mini cool and some cleaning products. But, nothing else... so cards, no events lists, oh wait, i think i did receive a request to renew my fabulous membership... but, still waiting to get it.

I guess what it comes down to, why would I pay money just to get access to a site to buy stuff... price reduced or not.

TMCNo1
04-15-2008, 02:27 PM
I had EXACTLY the same experience. I have spoken with many directly at mastercraft, and spoken many times to the person that runs the memberships... and they just can't get it together. There is not much, if any benefit that I can see. I only received a few things, towel and mini cool and some cleaning products. But, nothing else... so cards, no events lists, oh wait, i think i did receive a request to renew my fabulous membership... but, still waiting to get it.

I guess what it comes down to, why would I pay money just to get access to a site to buy stuff... price reduced or not.

This thread make all this perfectly clear as to what to do if you have problems, http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/sh...9&postcount=26 (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=461469&postcount=26)

SoCalBrew
04-15-2008, 02:52 PM
This thread make all this perfectly clear as to what to do if you have problems, http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/sh...9&postcount=26 (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=461469&postcount=26)

I appreciate the info... I had not gotten all the way through the thread... however, I have already taken those steps, and not gotten resolve... so, I voiced my frustration. I will try once again (this is the sixth or so time... I am losing count) and update.. if anyone is interested..(but, I suspect not)

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-15-2008, 02:58 PM
I joined Team Mastercraft 3 years ago and Havent recieved a thing from them. NOTHING. but it showed up on my credit card bill.

TheOneandOnly
04-15-2008, 04:20 PM
I look to be only a few that have got our gift certificate and membership, we ordered a boat in dec and just got our giftcard and membership. We didnt even expect to get this but its cool (free towels) :)

wakechic2786
04-15-2008, 11:54 PM
I got my membership card in the mail YESTERDAY!!! I guess the ones mailing them are guys cause I just joined last month or the begining of this month! Can't remember! I had to call and get my giftcard code though. Good luck!

JohnE
04-16-2008, 08:15 AM
Got my gift card and membership card yesterday.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-16-2008, 09:49 AM
I wonder if Ric has received his membership card yet?

pflcjl
09-06-2009, 07:22 AM
Is MC still doing the Team Mastercraft Owners Club? Mine expired and I went online to try and renew and couldn't find any way to renew?? Thanks....

TMCNo1
09-06-2009, 09:01 AM
Is MC still doing the Team Mastercraft Owners Club? Mine expired and I went online to try and renew and couldn't find any way to renew?? Thanks....

Here, http://www.ptxsecure.com/mcpro/tmcsignup.aspx, MasterCraft.com, ProShop, upper LH corner, Team MasterCraft 2010 Sign up mow.

pflcjl
09-07-2009, 06:26 AM
doesn't work on my laptop.....did you try it? Maybe I have some blocks on mine?