PDA

View Full Version : Boat Registration Stickers

russlars
02-28-2008, 09:19 PM
What y'all do with those lousy boat registration stickers each year? Do you just keep stacking them up like flapjacks on each other or do you try and get the old one off first? For those of you who take the old one off first, how do you get the darn thing off? The registration stickers we have here in Washington don't come off easily, it is usually in small bits and pieces!:mad: My stack is getting kind of tall and I don't like it!

Sodar
02-28-2008, 09:23 PM
Blow Dryer/Heat Gun with a credit card and they should come off very easily... at least the California ones do!

TMCNo1
02-28-2008, 09:27 PM
In NC you can get them for 3 years and they come of with a little effort, but it's worth it.

rkmason
02-28-2008, 09:39 PM
The 2 year Texas stickers peel right off in one piece once you lift up a corner with a razor knife blade.

denverd1
03-05-2008, 03:07 PM
razor blade. isn't Texas great!

Willski
03-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Ours are 3 years. Hair dryer, fingernail. No razors on my boat!! They make some dang good stickers though. Impossible to remove without the heat, unless you like removing 1mm squares at a time.

Muttley
03-05-2008, 04:24 PM
razor blade. isn't Texas great!

Don't do that!!:eek: Tell me you're kidding!!

When I got my '92, I had to get all 15 off that were stacked up from day one! It was almost 1/4" thick.

We don't have the yearly ones up here in Canada (I bought a US boat) but I would probably remove mine. A heat gun will soften the decal to get it started, then GooGone or Goof Off if it leaves any glue.

M-Funf
03-05-2008, 05:56 PM
I just let 'em stack up...just like keeping the last 10 years of lift tickets on the zipper of your jacket........

It's so COOOOOOOOLLLLLLL :cool:

Prostar Rich
03-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Like most of you I use heat and they come off easily. No razor blade for me.

Prostar Rich

ShamrockIV
03-05-2008, 08:36 PM
goo gone!!!!!!!

BrianM
03-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Just throw it in the glove box. Gives your boat a clean look with no ugly sticker to mess with later on. :cool:

russlars
03-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Just throw it in the glove box. Gives your boat a clean look with no ugly sticker to mess with later on. :cool:
Doesn't the state require that the sticker be attached to the boat?

BrianM
03-05-2008, 10:26 PM
Doesn't the state require that the sticker be attached to the boat? Yes... but.... Around here they don't seem to care much and I have never been stopped out on public water. But, I don't run my boat on public water much either.

Ski Bum
03-05-2008, 11:13 PM
In California if you dont have it your getting pulled over. Then They will check everything a list a mile long.

Prostar Rich
03-06-2008, 08:46 AM
In California if you dont have it your getting pulled over. Then They will check everything a list a mile long.

Same thing in Southern WI where I have my lake home.

Prostar Rich

wakeX2wake
03-06-2008, 09:08 AM
that's the story here... half the time i thinkthey pull you over here if you have a decent looking boat so they can check it out and give you crap all at the same time

TMCNo1
03-06-2008, 09:23 AM
that's the story here... half the time i thinkthey pull you over here if you have a decent looking boat so they can check it out and give you crap all at the same time

Here on our local lake, they get offended if you go out of your way to prevent their boat from beating and banging yours, instead of getting all the stuff out for them to inspect. Then, after the inspection is all over with and it's time for them to leave and you can put everything back in it's place, they want to BS you about everything pretaining to nothing related to their job.

River Rat
03-06-2008, 10:27 AM
Last year I got pulled over for not having a big enough space in between the letters and numbers, :( I think they were looking for booze are wanted a closer look at the girls on board. I didn't get a ticket but it was still a PAIN.

oh yea I stack mine up to 3 deep and then remove the top 2 layers for the new one:rolleyes:

russlars
03-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Now that I think about it, I am still running California numbers on my MC. They were painted on when I bought the boat and are a perfect dual color match for my boat. So far I haven't attracted any attention yet and hope I don't since I am not sure how I would get them off if I had to. I'll probably be okay as long as they don't notice that I have CA numbers with a WA registration sticker!:)

Sodar
03-06-2008, 02:39 PM
Now that I think about it, I am still running California numbers on my MC. They were painted on when I bought the boat and are a perfect dual color match for my boat. So far I haven't attracted any attention yet and hope I don't since I am not sure how I would get them off if I had to. I'll probably be okay as long as they don't notice that I have CA numbers with a WA registration sticker!:)

If you really want to get the painted numbers off, spray so Easy-Off oven cleaner on them and let it sit for a while. The paint will wipe right off.

flipper
03-06-2008, 02:45 PM

I California, they pull you over with no reason. I don't know how many times I've been pulled over just for a "Safety check". You would be lucky to get away with it for a day.

Sodar
03-06-2008, 02:46 PM
I California, they pull you over with no reason. I don't know how many times I've been pulled over just for a "Safety check". You would be lucky to get away with it for a day.

I made it a month!! :D :D

TMCNo1
03-06-2008, 02:48 PM
If you really want to get the painted numbers off, spray so Easy-Off oven cleaner on them and let it sit for a while. The paint will wipe right off.

Just be sure to protect the trailer frame rails or any paint around them. Easy Off has been known to yellow whites and turn reds blue. Try scrubbing with lacquer thinner first and still protect all paint!

flipper
03-06-2008, 02:53 PM
I made it a month!! :D :D

I'm impressed, I'd be lucky to get the boat off the trailer before getting busted.

wakeX2wake
03-06-2008, 02:58 PM
There's a guy from Athens, Ga.... Corey Smith... who wites music and sings and plays the guitar... yea he's way more talented than me... anyways... he's got a song called F*** the POPO... good stuff... if you get a chance he's got some other really good stuff too