PDA

View Full Version : MCX opinions and X2 for barefooting

kycat2007
02-28-2008, 03:21 PM
Hey guys I saw an 2003 X2 for sale and it has had a new mcx engine put in it. the owner said the dealer forgot to remove a plug so the block cracked and they replaced the engine. Should this be something to worry about?

I currently have the LT1 in my noat and it is not too bad on gas. How is the MCX on gas? The owner said it likes it and I can see if you rrun ballast and board all day how this could be but if you are mildly running, skiing, and some wakeboard is it crazy on consumption on fuel?

He said top speed is 50mph. Is this boat a decent boat to barefoot off of and any other opinions would be helpful.

wakeX2wake
02-28-2008, 03:26 PM
i've got an '07 x2 w/ the 350hp MCX in it and it's not too bad. Obviously you don't buy a MC b/c you're cheap but you can go through the fuel if you've got people in the water all day but it's not that bad. I go to the water 2-3 days during the week in the summer and we ride pretty solid for about 3-3.5 hrs a trip and I'll have to put about $50-$60 in before I go out on the weekends... but you expect that

sand2snow22
02-28-2008, 03:32 PM
With the stock OJ prop on my 05 with MCX, we can get about 47-49 MPH at 5200 RPM depending on elevation. GPS verified, I doubt it would drink less gas than the 310....

erkoehler
03-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Hey guys I saw an 2003 X2 for sale and it has had a new mcx engine put in it. the owner said the dealer forgot to remove a plug so the block cracked and they replaced the engine. Should this be something to worry about?

I currently have the LT1 in my noat and it is not too bad on gas. How is the MCX on gas? The owner said it likes it and I can see if you rrun ballast and board all day how this could be but if you are mildly running, skiing, and some wakeboard is it crazy on consumption on fuel?

He said top speed is 50mph. Is this boat a decent boat to barefoot off of and any other opinions would be helpful.

The "X1" hull is pretty good for barefooting, probably one of the better V-Drives.

You looking for an upgrade?

VTJC
03-03-2008, 07:42 PM
I have skied and footed behind that hull with an MCX. Best V-Drive IMOP for skiing and footing. However, if you’re a footer or skier not a wakeboarder look for a DD, however if you’re a wakeboarder that occasionally skis/foots it’s a great boat.

erkoehler
03-03-2008, 07:42 PM
I have skied and footed behind that hull with an MCX. Best V-Drive IMOP for skiing and footing. However, if youíre a footer or skier not a wakeboarder look for a DD, however if youíre a wakeboarder that occasionally skis/foots itís a great boat.

I'd take an X-1 over an x-9 :)

JohnE
03-03-2008, 09:23 PM
I'd take an X-1 over an x-9 :)

For footin? But you'd take a 205 over the X1? Just curious.

erkoehler
03-03-2008, 09:24 PM
For footin? But you'd take a 205 over the X1? Just curious.

I would take a x1 over x9 for barefooting. I haven't footed much off the 205, but w/ the LT-1 maybe.

snork
03-03-2008, 11:35 PM
I had a 04 X2 with MCX Great boat. Nice for barefooting and wakeboarding. Fill the KGB so the boat will not porpoise. Fuel economy not bad. Better with the MCX and cats.