PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Find

bmeth11
02-28-2008, 01:13 PM
Found this searching eBay. Let me know what you think. I am in the market for PerfectPass for my '97 Prostar 190 LT1. I realize it isn't a complete system but thought I could get my money back by selling the extras I wouldn't need.

Hesitant to show this because I'm sure some more of you will def. be interested as well and may give up my good find if it is one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PERFECT-PASS-ITEMS-HUGE-BLOW-OUT-NR_W0QQitemZ370025896054QQihZ024QQcategoryZ71174QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

east tx skier
02-28-2008, 01:22 PM
Looks to be at least one upgradeable digital pro/wakeboard pro master module (if not more). That's the one I would keep because you could upgrade it to a wide gauge and later to stargazer if you wanted to. One is the basic cruise setup. One is a PP plus setup. One, I don't know (the red one), but it looks fairly old.

Smart Timers, wiring harnesses. No paddle wheel and no servo motor. The servo motor is a must have and will probably run you $150. You could probably sell that stuff and make some of the money back if you parted it out. For $199, I'd jump on it, but I bet it gets bid up to the point where you could just as easily pick up a master module and piece the rest of the system together without having to sell stuff to make your money back.

Not sure where my ceiling would be though.

dpolen
02-28-2008, 01:48 PM
DOH....I'm going to get beat out again...I can feel it. Guess who is winning this auction right now...yours truly. Oldriver got me at the last minute about a week ago on the other system on ebay, I've got a bad. bad feeling.

barefoot
02-28-2008, 03:04 PM
I've got a bad. bad feeling.

Just to let you know, I'm sniping it! :eek:

dpolen
02-28-2008, 03:06 PM
Just to let you know, I'm sniping it! :eek:

Maybe we can work out a deal after you snipe it! :rolleyes:

barefoot
02-28-2008, 03:13 PM
That's what i was thinking!

dpolen
02-28-2008, 03:19 PM
All right, so whoever win's this auction needs to offer up the un-needed goods to those on the forum like myself since I'm clearly "marked" as the one who will not have the highest bid...all in favor, please raise your cocktail.

edit...I think the guy who put in the first bid should get dibs on the leftovers!!!

bmeth11
02-28-2008, 03:27 PM
in favor...

rodltg2
02-28-2008, 03:43 PM
they are across the street from me...

cbryan70
02-28-2008, 04:17 PM
hahha go buy that crap rod

pilot02
02-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Looks to be at least one upgradeable digital pro/wakeboard pro master module (if not more). That's the one I would keep because you could upgrade it to a wide gauge and later to stargazer if you wanted to. One is the basic cruise setup. One is a PP plus setup. One, I don't know (the red one), but it looks fairly old.

Smart Timers, wiring harnesses. No paddle wheel and no servo motor. The servo motor is a must have and will probably run you $150. You could probably sell that stuff and make some of the money back if you parted it out. For $199, I'd jump on it, but I bet it gets bid up to the point where you could just as easily pick up a master module and piece the rest of the system together without having to sell stuff to make your money back.

Not sure where my ceiling would be though.

I believe the red one is the original perfect pass system (pre paddle wheel) which coincides with the rectangular module for external mount to the dash that's also in the pic.

rodltg2
02-28-2008, 06:04 PM
hahha go buy that crap rod

LOL. no way i know where they came from!!! crap is right..

puck_11
02-28-2008, 06:57 PM
Yeah I saw that one when it first came out and like most of us, we were debating whether or not to post it on here so not to bring unwanted attention to it haha. Look at it this way, there are 4 gauges that are relatively new, you could sell those to people (p.s. I'm interested) who are just buying the modules that Stargazer upgraders are selling. But since we're not bidding against you, you have to give us a good deal ;)

JohnnyB
02-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Would be interested in parts to build a PP Digital Pro

Slinkyredfoot
02-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Very cool stuff MYMC.....this would be one of my "All Times" right next to 27 year old twin sisters.....:cool:

barefoot
02-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Did anyone here win it? I threw $675 at it and was smoked. I'd be willing to buy some pieces, though...

VTJC
02-29-2008, 03:43 PM
I would be interested in the black multi line display if somebody here one it. Jamie

MTBMAC
02-29-2008, 04:03 PM
Just a thought, but a good idea... When making a great find on ebay on something you have an interest in and want to buy, you will probabbly be better served by not anouncing your find in a forum containing other parties who may be interested in buying the same item.

Then again, if I was selling such an item, this may be a great way to get attention to it.

east tx skier
02-29-2008, 05:08 PM
I don't think it's worth what it ended up going for. I'd be surprised if there was much market for maybe two of those modules, the smart timers and the gauges. As time passes this summer, there will be more deals on this stuff.

dpolen
02-29-2008, 10:07 PM
As expected, I didn't win...sounds like barefoot came close. This ended up being too rich for my blood. At that price, I'm just going to buy a complete new system for my boat.