PDA

View Full Version : F1 or FX1

opie10bears
02-28-2008, 11:54 AM
Im looking into buying a new ski. I'm a pretty good skiier and im out skiing the ski that i am using now which is an old O'Brian Master. I work on a lake during the summer and i get to ski everyday. I wanted to get a connelly because that what i learned to ski on and skiied on untill i swithced to the master last year. is there any diffrence in what it will look visualy as far as the roster tail goes if i use the FX1 instead of the F1. I want to get the F1 but i really doen't want to spend the extra money

ShamrockIV
02-28-2008, 11:56 AM
i just got an fx1 off ebay. good luck on ur choice. i chose the f1x since i did not want a ski that may be too advanced for me. i will upgrade in a year or 3 lol!!

russlars
02-28-2008, 12:07 PM
I have never skiied on the fx1, but I ski my F1 all of the time. It is a fantastic ski once you get used to it. Just be aware that it only skis in two directions, left or right. You do not ski flat on that ski! I like it because it rides deep in the water and is stable as long as you are on edge. Compared to anything else I have skiied on, it is like a sports car!:D

opie10bears
02-28-2008, 12:10 PM
im sure its a great ski and i do ski very aggressively i would like to buy it is it worth the 400 dollar difference

opie10bears
02-28-2008, 12:10 PM
im sure its a great ski and i do ski very aggressively i would like to buy it is it worth the 400 dollar difference

Jesus_Freak
02-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Im looking into buying a new ski. I'm a pretty good skiier and im out skiing the ski that i am using now which is an old O'Brian Master. I work on a lake during the summer and i get to ski everyday. I wanted to get a connelly because that what i learned to ski on and skiied on untill i swithced to the master last year. is there any diffrence in what it will look visualy as far as the roster tail goes if i use the FX1 instead of the F1. I want to get the F1 but i really doen't want to spend the extra money

What are your goals with the ski? Are you wanting to get better in the course?

D3skier
02-28-2008, 01:08 PM
if you're wanting the F1 but don't want to spend the extra $400 look on ski-it-again or even look at H2Osmosis.com for a good deal....

russlars
02-28-2008, 01:16 PM
You might consider checking with ski shops for last years model or demo skis. When I purchased my F1 I was able to get an end of season demo ski with full warranty and saved about $300!:) That way you will have a ski that I guarantee that you will not likely ever exceed it's capabilities, and you will have one less wall ornament hanging around.:twocents:

opie10bears
02-28-2008, 01:51 PM
i want to become a better overall skiier i don't ski courses becasue there aren't any on my lake. but i would like to be the best skiier onthe lake im very competive and the camp next to me has a family that are great skiiers

barefoot
02-28-2008, 01:54 PM
I picked up an F1 at the boat show this year. Did some negotiating and got it down to $495. Thought that was a screaming deal.

My buddy has an FX1 that I've skied for years. It's a great ski and super fun to ski. I was looking for an upgrade...Got it with the F1.

88 PS190
either would work well.

i bet you'd also do well on an Obrien Syncro

barefoot
i want to become a better overall skiier i don't ski courses becasue there aren't any on my lake. but i would like to be the best skiier onthe lake im very competive and the camp next to me has a family that are great skiiers

Get the FX1...should be enough ski for what you're looking for

opie10bears
02-28-2008, 02:04 PM
thanks barefoot i really like the new hing tech bindings so im going to have to go with a 2008 ski so i think i might end up with the FX1 if there really isn't that much of a difference visual i just want to look like the best skiier

russlars
02-28-2008, 06:48 PM
opie,
Looking at your avatar picture, you really need that F1!

bstrom-tt
02-28-2008, 10:41 PM
I've got a brand new (ridden 3 times) 68" F1 with bindings for sale. $600.00 plus shipping.

Shoot me a e-mail if your interested.
Thanks,
Bill.

russlars
03-03-2008, 11:02 AM
I'm not sure if you are ski shopping or not, but you might want to check out: http://www.ski-it-again.com.
They have some used Connelly F1's on there. You might find just what you are looking for for a great price!:)