PDA

View Full Version : Slalom ski rack for 2003 X-30

astepka
02-27-2008, 07:19 PM
Does anybody have a slalom ski rack for sale that will fit a 2003 X30. Or does anybody know where to find one?

Original Mastercraft Rack...not aftermarket.

thanks

flipper
02-27-2008, 07:23 PM
Will this one fit?

http://www.tmcowners.com/market/showproduct.php?product=1730&cat=14&date=1093291481

astepka
02-27-2008, 07:36 PM
Not what I am looking for. But THANKS for showing me how to look inside teamtalk marketplace! The one I have has pull down handles that clamp like the newer racks.
thanks again

ShamrockIV
02-27-2008, 07:58 PM
i thought u x series boyz did not ski??

astepka
02-27-2008, 11:33 PM
The X-30 is for my 14 & 11 year old sons, to keep them and their friends with me. My boat is a totally restored 1977 Stars & Stripes !!!! My kids and I restored it ourselves in the last few years. I told them when they could barefoot and slalom, then I'd get a larger wakeboard boat. The ski rack has handles that are easier for short kids. The wakeboard rack doesn't swivel and they cannot reach the top to open it and take boards out very well....I'm just a hell of a great dad, trying to make their life easier.:headbang:
I'll attach pictures to my posts later, when one of my kids is awake to show me how.

dpolen
02-28-2008, 01:51 PM
I've got a waterski rack from Monster Tower on my boat...I'm sure they have a collar that would make it work on your boat, but might not look like it was meant for your tower. If I recall, I paid less than $200 for it...I love the fact that I can store the ski out of the way so my toy doesn't get beat up.

astepka
02-28-2008, 03:05 PM
Thanks, but I am trying to match the orignal mastercraft one that I already have. I am wanting both sides to look alike.
Thank You anyway for the response!!!
andy

Jerseydave
02-28-2008, 09:06 PM
http://www.bestwaterski.com/waterski-boat-rack.html

Try above or here below

www.skylonsports.com

tru-jack
02-29-2008, 12:30 PM
I've got a waterski rack from Monster Tower on my boat...I'm sure they have a collar that would make it work on your boat, but might not look like it was meant for your tower. If I recall, I paid less than $200 for it...I love the fact that I can store the ski out of the way so my toy doesn't get beat up.

what ski and binding are you storing in this? I ask, because I thought the double boot skis wouldn't fit. thanks

astepka
03-02-2008, 01:30 AM
Actually I'm not. My 20 year old slalom ski from college (that I still impress with) is to ugly to go up there. These racks hold wakeboards just fine. Since the swing around racks will not fit my 2003 tower (according to my local dealer) we are using this rack for wakeboards. It has the handles that you pull down, and push button release like the newer boats...the other rack on the boat is the typical rack on most 03's that you must reach to the very top and turn a leaver and then the top half of the rack releases toward the sky. It is harder to open and harder to get boards in and out of for kids...and right now it just looks odd having one style on one side and the polar opposite look on the other side. I'm Just picky I guess?
thanks

CPlane Pilot
03-02-2008, 10:19 AM
I just converted my wakeboard rack to a slalom rack. Seems like exactly what you want to do. I purchased extender arms from mastercraft of charlotte for $175. Give them a ring.

bepresto
03-02-2008, 10:29 AM
were they extender arms for a 2003 tower and racks. The holes are what is different that fit into the tower mount. If you have any pictures of the arms, please feel free to post.

CPlane Pilot
03-02-2008, 11:20 AM
They were for a '04 OEM full tower. I don't have a picture; however, the arms, rack, and tower look extactly as the picture from the start of thread. As far as the mounting holes being same/different, that I have no idea about.