PDA

View Full Version : Youth model wakeboards???

ksmaristar91
02-27-2008, 10:05 AM
Does anyone have any youth, 8 and under size wakeboards they want to part with? I am going to buy one for my godsons to learn on this year and just starting to look. Thanks

ShamrockIV
02-27-2008, 10:08 AM
i need one too bro!!! i am ebaying one i guess!!

Maristar210
02-27-2008, 10:28 AM
Does anyone have any youth, 8 and under size wakeboards they want to part with? I am going to buy one for my godsons to learn on this year and just starting to look. Thanks

Wish I could help. Gave my son's bindings to Monte72 last year. Keep an eye out on craigslist for something used. I find that if you use google and search "kids wakeboard graigslist" you'll find pages of this:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=kids+wakeboard+craigslist

Good Luck

Monte
02-27-2008, 10:34 AM
Wish I could help. Gave my son's bindings to Monte72 last year. Keep an eye out on craigslist for something used. I find that if you use google and search "kids wakeboard graigslist" you'll find pages of this:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=kids+wakeboard+craigslist

Good Luck

He appreciates them... Hopefully soon my daugter will too:cool:

MYMC had some good deals at the boat show.. Not sure if it was boat show specific, but you may want to give him a call:cool:

Eagle Lake Rebel
02-27-2008, 12:07 PM
You might be better off buying some small/extra small adult stuff. My son started boarding when he was 8 and we ended up going with the smallest adult CWB board and bindings. The fit was a little loose but not to bad. He is now 10 and rides a 133 Murray with Murray bindings along with a 139 Roam and loves it. Wouldn't dream of parting with his original set-up just because that's where it all started. If you can find adult small set ups that will fit good enough most of the time it's cheaper than the mainstream "normal" size equipment. Look for new equipment that is a model year or two back that a lot of the .com places buy in bulk and sell cheap. For example I just bought a pair of new '06 Murray bindings for $150.00. Good luck and have fun with that new boarder.

P-hat_in_Cincy
02-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Watch www.boardersbestbuy.com . They are a '1 deal a day' site, but they had a 119cm package deal (board and bindings) last week for about $140. They also have a storefront separate from the 'deal a day' site.

Maristar210
02-27-2008, 02:14 PM
He appreciates them... Hopefully soon my daugter will too:cool:

MYMC had some good deals at the boat show.. Not sure if it was boat show specific, but you may want to give him a call:cool:

Where's my picture Bert 8p :D

ULMboarder
02-27-2008, 03:32 PM
i can order 121cm boards at my shop. The board is a obrien vision. Its really a all around board. You can get up your first time to hitting your first BS5. when i sell to kids i sell those mostly. the bindings (obrien link) are listed as XS/S size that fit 5-7.5. its something a kid could defintely grow into. i sell the whole package for 349. these are 08's that list at 420.

There are beginner boards that are much cheaper and more generic in size, but if he gets into the sport at all he will want a better board. My cousin who just started last summer made me buy him a more advanced board already.

ShamrockIV
02-27-2008, 03:39 PM
how much ULM?? colors??

milkmania
02-27-2008, 05:01 PM
My experience with Nash MFG (Hydroslide)
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=15626&highlight=hydroslide

bought it through Bass Pro Shops
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchResults?searchOption=products&hvarSearchString=wakeboard&storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&CMID=TOP_SEARCH_GO&x=0&y=0

KnoxX2
02-27-2008, 07:10 PM
I got my son (8) riding a Hyperlite 119 with XS Spin bindings and that board will last him at least 2 more years.

Talked to the Rep at the boat show and he said that that board is rated up to 110 Lbs.

ULMboarder
02-28-2008, 03:00 AM
how much ULM?? colors??

are you refering to the vision or the beginner board? the vision is black and white. and the system (beginner board) is red and black. go look on www.wakeworld.com at the obrien board reviews. there are pics of the 08's up there.

ill have to look in the morning at how much they cost again. if your interested pm me.

endl
02-28-2008, 01:42 PM
i can order 121cm boards at my shop. The board is a obrien vision. Its really a all around board. You can get up your first time to hitting your first BS5. when i sell to kids i sell those mostly. the bindings (obrien link) are listed as XS/S size that fit 5-7.5. its something a kid could defintely grow into. i sell the whole package for 349. these are 08's that list at 420.

There are beginner boards that are much cheaper and more generic in size, but if he gets into the sport at all he will want a better board. My cousin who just started last summer made me buy him a more advanced board already.
I bought this board for my son last year when he was 8 and its a great board. Nice molded fins, tracks well. Room to advance. I bought LF transit bindings.

P-hat_in_Cincy
03-02-2008, 10:07 AM
for an 8yr old, but check it out...

http://www.boardersbestbuy.com/

"Gator Boards Chopper 127 Wakeboard

MSRP: $265.00
BoardersBestBuy: $99.00
Shipping: $25.00 to USA*
Save 63%"