PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filter near tank?

ProStar Slalom
02-26-2008, 05:01 PM
2001 19 Skier (Sportstar) with Predator engine. There is an in-line fuel filter on the fuel line near the gas tank, AC Delco PF 2059. It has threaded ends like the filter near the engine, that thread onto fittings on the fuel line. Problem....can't find it anywhere. No auto parts stores have a cross-reference, and Vince at SkiDim doesn't have it. Anyone know where I can find it or have a cross-reference? Also, I'm assuming that the fuel pump is in the fuel tank...can anyone confirm? As always, thanks for the help.

Sodar
02-26-2008, 05:08 PM
I picked one up from Napa.... take the part with you, they will find you the part you need.

justinglow
02-26-2008, 05:09 PM
Try Chuck at BAWS. They have helped me out on several parts for my Mastercraft. 813-996-2297

flipper
02-26-2008, 05:13 PM
I picked one up from Napa.... take the part with you, they will find you the part you need.

I've had real good luck with NAPA also. They can pretty much find everything.

russlars
02-26-2008, 05:24 PM
2001 19 Skier (Sportstar) with Predator engine. There is an in-line fuel filter on the fuel line near the gas tank, AC Delco PF 2059. It has threaded ends like the filter near the engine, that thread onto fittings on the fuel line. Problem....can't find it anywhere. No auto parts stores have a cross-reference, and Vince at SkiDim doesn't have it. Anyone know where I can find it or have a cross-reference? Also, I'm assuming that the fuel pump is in the fuel tank...can anyone confirm? As always, thanks for the help.
Just call your local MC dealer. No guess work or cross referencing required!

justinglow
06-06-2008, 01:26 PM
This PF 2059 has got to be the hardest filter to find. It can't be crossed. Napa and a few other stores tried today for me and said there isn't a cross available. I called my Chevy dealer and he is trying to located it for me now. He said the computer showed none in any TX dealerships. He was going to call AC Delco next and see why it's so special.

captain planet
06-06-2008, 02:21 PM
A buddy of mine works for an auto parts dealer. I needed a fuel filter GF 626 that is in line right by my motor. The fuel filter that was at my tank was a PF #### (I can't remember the number). That one had the words, power steering fluid, on the filter. He told me that the GF 626 doesn't exist anymore, and the PF #### filter he didn't have. I bought a filter at my dealer and he called for a GF 652 for BOTH locations. Apparently there isn't much difference between the filters and they are doing away with some of them. Call your dealer, odds are it will be the same number for each location.

JLeuck64
06-06-2008, 06:41 PM
I found the AC Delco part number for that filter last year (25171391).
It was a real bugger to find!
Turns out the old PF2059 was used on some 93 Cadilacs to filter the P/S system...
Hope this helps,

Oh yea, the GF625 filter number from AC Delco is now (89058397)

justinglow
06-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Did you find the PF 2059 or a cross? At this point I will take anything I can find. The Chevy dealer called back and said he couldn't locate one anywhere.

mbeach
06-06-2008, 09:53 PM
i have a 98 sportstar and was able to find both the original ac delco fuel filter and a wix cross reference at o' reilly's auto parts. went with the wix since it was less expensive and good quality.

JLeuck64
06-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Did you find the PF 2059 or a cross? At this point I will take anything I can find. The Chevy dealer called back and said he couldn't locate one anywhere.

Come to think of it I did have to wait on mine to come in from some other part of the country. So, maybe they are discontinuing it...
That would make sense if it was a slow moving part.

justinglow
06-07-2008, 12:31 PM
I am about to give up looking for this filter. I can't find it anywhere. The strangest part is that there is not a cross for it either. I am hoping somebody found a suitable cross and is going to chime in here :rolleyes: