PDA

View Full Version : New Monster MT2 tower

msanantonio
02-25-2008, 09:07 PM
I see Monster Tower has a new tower design that is closer to the look of the newer swept back Mastercraft OEM towers. It has a longer front leg with less curvature and the back tower legs have a more pronounced curve. THe pictues look pretty good. I like the look and hear good things about the original monster tower from some MC owners. (sturdy, quiet and good price) I guess you either like the looks or hate the looks of the tower, The original MT1 towers lines did not enhance the MC boat line (in my case a 2000 Maristar 230) I have been reading and researching towers all winter and gone back and forth with what tower to install. My 14 year old son (my boating fashion and style advisor) likes the new look and I tend to agree with him. We may have a winner here. I would like to see a couple MC boats with this new design.. Just wondering if anyone has seen the tower, or better yet bought and installed one. I'm not sure when it came out and can't be more than a couple monthst.... (As we still have 20 + inches of ice and snow on the lake so I have some time but Spring is just around the corner.....
Thanks

http://www.monstertower.com/mt_mt2.htm

TMCNo1
02-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Link, http://www.monstertower.com/mt_mt2.htm

JoshBuzz
02-26-2008, 02:00 AM
Not a huge fan of Monster towers, aesthetically but I have heard good things about their reliability!! I do like their calender girls though!!

:D

JBaker
02-26-2008, 02:24 AM
Not a huge fan of Monster towers, aesthetically but I have heard good things about their reliability!! I do like their calender girls though!!

:D

My take as well, although this MT2 looks pretty sweet. I have always liked titan towers and this kind of reminds me of a titan.

dpolen
02-26-2008, 07:08 AM
I've got the monster tower on my maristar. I put mine on last spring. I was being cheap, didn't want to spend the money on a new dimensions tower. With that said, I'm very happy with mine, but I wish Monster tower would have introduced this model about 10 months ago, I would have been one of their first customers without a doubt. I really like their wakeboard and waterski racks. I'm planning to mount my bimini top to my tower this spring, should be a neat project. My tower is whisper quiet, no issues...easy to install.

msanantonio
02-26-2008, 08:55 AM
Thanks - Let me know when you get the Bimini top installed. I would like to see it. I take it the installation was pretty easy... Good to hear you like the tower too....

belz87
02-27-2008, 06:45 PM
I just had the new Monster MT2 installed on my 1990 Maristar and it looks great. Its still at the shop getting so stereo work done but when it gets back I will post some pictures.

msanantonio
03-12-2008, 04:42 PM
I am looking forward to seeing the pictures of your boat. I have been surfing the web to see if anyone else out there has bought the new tower design. Nothing yet. I'm also interested in you stereo set up. I am looking to go with tower speakers and probably an amp and I was curious as how you are getting it set up. Actually my sons are pushing the tunes setup but I like the idea myself. I plan on adding the 2 battery set up with the Borg warner 3098 relay to make sure I don't leave myself stranded on the water.... Thanks

icedog-10
03-12-2008, 09:06 PM
Has anyone gotten the XTP tower from Monster Tower yet? I have a deposit on a 2000 205V without a tower and don't know if I want to spend the extra grand for origional equipment. How much of a difference does everybody think it would make at resale time?

JohnE
03-12-2008, 09:15 PM
I think the extra money for a ND tower would be worth it based on style and resale. But the Monster is a great product function wise. My tristar had one on it when I bought it.

LKNMC
03-12-2008, 09:46 PM
how much for the girls

stuartmcnair
03-12-2008, 11:05 PM
bleh, I'll stick with the New Dimension. Those look...what's a good word...cheesy

msanantonio
04-25-2008, 02:42 PM
With the weather warming up I took the dive and purchased the new MT2 tower for my Maristar 230 vrs. They were very easy to deal with and the tower is due next Monday. Once I get it installed I will post some pictures. As much as the OEM tower looked nice, I liked the positive feedback that MT owners gave. The only thing that held me back was the look of the original MT1 design which I wasn't thrilled with. This design pushed me over the edge.

brucemac
04-25-2008, 02:58 PM
i had a MT1 on my first boat. they're solid. required some tightening now and again, but just got in the habit of checking her out good before every outing. probably mostly due to the fact that i put it down every time i garaged. those guys are a class act. real stand up folks with awesome support and customer service. i was missing a collar insert for the board rack and they overnighted it to me with a bunch of swag and i had it the next day.

JDK
05-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Belz and Msantonio...... we're still waiting for those pics!!!!

kennbarbie
05-25-2008, 05:34 PM
Can you belive we sell the Monster Tower calanders for $15.00 each and people buy them.
We cant keep them in stock they sell soo quick.

msanantonio
07-02-2008, 06:27 AM
Some pictures of the new tower. I am very happy with it. Upgrading my Sound system including Liquid Audio /Polk 6501 speakers and an amplifier.

msanantonio
07-02-2008, 06:31 AM
Here is another picture from Memorial day.