PDA

View Full Version : Selling one of my cameras

stuartmcnair
02-25-2008, 05:32 PM
in the marketplace if anyone is interested.

Canon EOS 10D Digital SLR (http://www.tmcowners.com/market/showproduct.php?product=1948)

milkmania
02-25-2008, 05:36 PM
in the marketplace if anyone is interested.

Canon EOS 10D Digital SLR (http://www.tmcowners.com/market/showproduct.php?product=1948)

let's talk!

first dibs

JohnnyB
02-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Second....

Blair
02-25-2008, 10:27 PM
Thirds (if it makes it this far)

skeeler
02-26-2008, 09:15 AM
Great camera, that will be a good buy for someone out there! You upgrading?

bcampbe7
02-26-2008, 09:41 AM
Looks like a good deal!

Skeeler-
Did you ever upgrade?

skeeler
02-26-2008, 09:47 AM
Looks like a good deal!

Skeeler-
Did you ever upgrade?
Nope, not yet........spent it all on a new boat. :D I think when summer arrives I will be itching again to get a new one.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
02-26-2008, 10:05 AM
Wow, that sounds like a heckuva deal to me!

stuartmcnair
02-26-2008, 10:05 AM
Great camera, that will be a good buy for someone out there! You upgrading?

time for a 40D...need the 6.5 fps for some football stuff

stuartmcnair
03-04-2008, 03:51 PM
Ordered my Canon 40D today. Bought the kit lens 28-135 IS even though I have one. My uncle is going to buy it from me at a steal. Also ordered the battery grip and a new photo printer that uses an 8-ink well.

Should be pretty well set for this year's wakeboarding shots of the kiddies.

uawaterskier
03-04-2008, 03:52 PM
time for a 40D...need the 6.5 fps for some football stuff
ROLL TIDE!

stuartmcnair
03-04-2008, 04:05 PM
ROLL TIDE!

yeah, I was going to wait but I wanted it in before A-Day so I can take another shot of 92,000 at a spring game. :D

wakeX2wake
03-04-2008, 04:12 PM
yeah, I was going to wait but I wanted it in before A-Day so I can take another shot of 92,000 at a spring game. :D
HAHA with a few less players than would have been there... can't say much our starting running back wasn't available for the first few games last season b/c he woudln't show up for summer classes

RK@UST
03-04-2008, 04:16 PM
bought a 30 D with the 28-135.
Have no idea how to use it.
I can move around in it , but don't know what settings to put it on based on conditions.
This summer, I will just have to play with it.

D3skier
03-04-2008, 04:55 PM
bought a 30 D with the 28-135.
Have no idea how to use it.
I can move around in it , but don't know what settings to put it on based on conditions.
This summer, I will just have to play with it.

take some camera classes for it.... I just upgraded to the same camera and love it... I can't wait for the Coca Cola 600 race here in Charlotte... this time I'm not running out of memory!!!! last year I took over 1,000 pictures and ran out with 75 laps to go... was not a happy camper....

stuartmcnair
03-04-2008, 05:17 PM
HAHA with a few less players than would have been there... can't say much our starting running back wasn't available for the first few games last season b/c he woudln't show up for summer classes

how could he show up...he couldn't read the schedule...:D

uawaterskier
03-04-2008, 05:56 PM
how could he show up...he couldn't read the schedule...:DOHHHHHHHHHHHH you got told awbarnx2

stuartmcnair
03-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Back on the market.

The camera is still for sale. Just so you know. Canon 10D. 35-80 Kit zoom to get you started. Battery Grip, 2 high power batteries (about 1800 pictures on a charge) All documentation and software. In original boxes. I also have a laminated cheat sheet that I am throwing in that tells you how to do everything imaginable on the camera.

I got one email about this camera trying to compare it to a Rebel XTI. The difference between this camera and an XTI is like comparing an X-Star to a Bayliner. The differences are in the build quality and the functions. As an example, this camera has a magnesium body where a Rebel has a plastic body. Where that really matters is if you try to use a heavy zoom in the boat in rough water. That heavy lens will snap the mount off the Rebel but it is fine on the 10D.

suedv
03-11-2008, 08:38 PM
I have a 40D now and I love it. The picture quality is noticably improved over the pictures I take with my Rebel. But I would still say a Rebel is a decent entry level digital SLR. I've kept mine and I've had times where I carry both cameras around my neck so I can switch back and forth quickly between different lens focal lengths. I decide what lens I will want most of the time and and put that one on my 40D. Other times Rick uses the Rebel so we can both have fun taking pictures.

As for a Rebel's mount breaking with a zoom lens in a boat, I don't buy it. I used my Rebel with a zoom for 3 years in the boat and sometimes the water was really rough. It still works great. You should be holding the camera body with your right hand and supporting the lens with your left hand. If you hold the camera correctly you aren't stressing your camera mount and you have better pictures because you don't have as much camera shake.

RK@UST, just mess around with the creative modes in your camera on days when you don't want to take pictures of anything special. I just look for random sporting events around town in all kinds of lighting situations to get used to the features so I'll be ready for the ski season.

I'm really looking forward to using my new camera this summer! :dance: :banana:

stuartmcnair
03-11-2008, 09:36 PM
The 40D is amazing. This was one of my first shots with it. No photoshop or anything. This is straight out of the camera.

http://media.scout.com/media/image/52/528278.jpg

milkmania
03-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Back on the market.

The camera is still for sale. Just so you know. Canon 10D. 35-80 Kit zoom to get you started. Battery Grip, 2 high power batteries (about 1800 pictures on a charge) All documentation and software. In original boxes. I also have a laminated cheat sheet that I am throwing in that tells you how to do everything imaginable on the camera.

I got one email about this camera trying to compare it to a Rebel XTI. The difference between this camera and an XTI is like comparing an X-Star to a Bayliner. The differences are in the build quality and the functions. As an example, this camera has a magnesium body where a Rebel has a plastic body. Where that really matters is if you try to use a heavy zoom in the boat in rough water. That heavy lens will snap the mount off the Rebel but it is fine on the 10D.

to others interested in the camera:
just wanted to say nothing is wrong about the camera that caused me to back out..... just had a few financial setbacks that needed to be taken care of first.
In this particular case, the camera was going to be a luxury purchase.

Stuart and I had several pm's and I asked for forgiveness, he was totally cool about it. I'm the one that feels like the heel:o

Maristar210
03-11-2008, 10:42 PM
just wanted to say nothing is wrong about the camera that caused me to back out..... just had a few financial setbacks that needed to be taken care of first.

Stuart and I had several pm's and I asked for forgiveness, he was totally cool about it. I'm the one that feels like the heel:o

Wouldn't take 400 huh Brian :D

I am interested.....

alas I own two houses and three cars so I'll have to pass up what appears to be a great deal...

milkmania
03-11-2008, 10:55 PM

I am interested.....

alas I own two houses and three cars so I'll have to pass up what appears to be a great deal...

nah, it's just that this month got real expensive real quick!

stuartmcnair
03-12-2008, 09:29 AM

I am interested.....

ok, you beat me down on it enough...I'll take one of the cars for it. :)

stuartmcnair
03-12-2008, 09:31 AM

It wasn't a big deal at all. I'm not deperate to sell it. If no one wants it I can always use it as a backup or to keep a different lens on. That's always nice when you want to switch to a close shot but you have a 400 MM on the camera.

milkmania
03-12-2008, 09:42 AM
It wasn't a big deal at all. I'm not deperate to sell it. If no one wants it I can always use it as a backup or to keep a different lens on. That's always nice when you want to switch to a close shot but you have a 400 MM on the camera.
if no one wants it, I'd like another chance at it next month....
more money went out this month than came in.....you know the reasons
gotta get another couple of limo jobs under my belt.
I just didn't want to put you out.