PDA

View Full Version : Visa Ipo?

6ballsisall
02-25-2008, 03:04 PM
Have you read up on it? What do you think?

Anyone heard when its going public??

http://www.cnbc.com/id/23333094

Bruce
02-25-2008, 06:01 PM
They have not announced a time as yet. All things considered I am sure they wish they could wait. They filled in June and it is to late to try and turn it around. Bear in mind they are a processor and not a lender. That is how they earn their money. Will credit card purchases decline in this economy? Got to. Much more could be said but I am not that knowledgeable. However, if the IPO goes well it could do wonders for the market. Just my opinion of course.

6ballsisall
02-25-2008, 09:48 PM
Thanks Bruce, well said. You almost wonder if Visa will do well in a down/recessed market. Peeps are already living in many cases outside of their means, they may use Credit cards more in the future to offset their overly bloated lifestyle. Of course, as lending guidelines continue to tighten up, their revenues may drop (less transactions) Will have to watch the banking industry closely to see how this plays out.

I think I'll buy a block or two when this one opens up for giggles.

JBaker
02-25-2008, 10:01 PM
They have not announced a time as yet. All things considered I am sure they wish they could wait. They filled in June and it is to late to try and turn it around. Bear in mind they are a processor and not a lender. That is how they earn their money. Will credit card purchases decline in this economy? Got to. Much more could be said but I am not that knowledgeable. However, if the IPO goes well it could do wonders for the market. Just my opinion of course.

There is no evidence that credit card transactions will decline. MA continues to perform, although I feel as the Visa IPO hype builds, MA may see some selling pressure. Afterall, they have been the only public show in town, and now they will have to compete for the dollars of credit card bulls.

In the short term, Visa is going to kill it. If anyone here is on the road show, I would jump on this bandwagon. By all estimations, there is a lot of money on the side lines or in extremely liquid commodities. I have little doubt an IPO like Visa may bring these players back to equities.

I would also consider some volatility spreads on MA as V (Visa) approaches it's yet unscheduled IPO date.:twocents:

Bruce
02-25-2008, 11:59 PM
Thanks Bruce, well said. You almost wonder if Visa will do well in a down/recessed market. Peeps are already living in many cases outside of their means, they may use Credit cards more in the future to offset their overly bloated lifestyle. Of course, as lending guidelines continue to tighten up, their revenues may drop (less transactions) Will have to watch the banking industry closely to see how this plays out.

I think I'll buy a block or two when this one opens up for giggles.

Back to your original question: The "pros" think it will price on Mar. 19 and market on Mar 20th.(at $37 to $42) recently IPO's as a rule have done very poorly. But what the heck take a shot. If any of us knew anything for sure we wouldn't be sitting here posting stuff we be out buying stuff!

6ballsisall
02-26-2008, 07:35 AM
Back to your original question: The "pros" think it will price on Mar. 19 and market on Mar 20th.(at $37 to $42) recently IPO's as a rule have done very poorly. But what the heck take a shot. If any of us knew anything for sure we wouldn't be sitting here posting stuff we be out buying stuff!

TRU DAT! Thanks! I"ll set my reminder to start poking around near the projected date.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
02-26-2008, 09:53 AM
TRU DAT! Thanks! I"ll set my reminder to start poking around near the projected date.
JR remember the good ol' days when the TRU DAT police used to patrol here? and you used to pass judgement for Lakey to enforce?

the good ol days.........

6ballsisall
02-26-2008, 09:58 AM
JR remember the good ol' days when the TRU DAT police used to patrol here? and you used to pass judgement for Lakey to enforce?

the good ol days.........

TRU DAT my cape wearing brutha.

02-26-2008, 10:03 AM
I had no idea Visa was coming out with an ipod. :confused:

6ballsisall
02-26-2008, 10:05 AM
I had no idea Visa was coming out with an ipod. :confused:

IPO my brutha, IPO :rolleyes: 8p

02-26-2008, 10:05 AM
IPO my brutha, IPO :rolleyes: 8p
I dont care what they call it to avoid copyright infringement, its still just an MP3 player.

6ballsisall
03-21-2008, 12:04 PM
It's done ok so far by my standards! Got in @ $50 and change. Hey it's growing better than all my other stuff........:rolleyes:

M-Funf
03-21-2008, 12:10 PM
We're in at about $54. Sold some ISRG to get into V.

I was too heavy in that stock anyways...

Good Luck!

6ballsisall
03-21-2008, 12:23 PM
^^ Groovy. I was quite irratated with Scottrade. I couldn't get my order to go thru when it was @ $48 and had to cancel and do a new order. :mad:

Sold 2 blocks @ $65 and kept 2. Not a bad little return on just a few days investment. ;)

M-Funf
03-21-2008, 12:27 PM
I've was going to do the same, but have changed my mind and keeping the stock. Just going to forget about it and see what happens.

6ballsisall
03-21-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm with you on that. Planning to hold onto the other 2 blocks for a while. I think it's a keeper.

TMCNo1
03-21-2008, 12:48 PM
Have you read up on it? What do you think?

Anyone heard when its going public??

http://www.cnbc.com/id/23333094

IMO, just another CEO, COO, CFO, Chairman and Board of Directors needing a little extra bonus money to draw from!

6ballsisall
03-21-2008, 12:55 PM
Yesterdays estimates state they believe the net proceeds from the IPO to exceed 19.1 BILLION. That would be an awful large bonus for the C level folks if thats all its for don't you think? ;)

TMCNo1
03-21-2008, 01:02 PM
Yesterdays estimates state they believe the net proceeds from the IPO to exceed 19.1 BILLION. That would be an awful large bonus for the C level folks if thats all its for don't you think? ;)

INRON, Krispy Kreme, TYCO,............................................. .....:firejump:
A little pinch here and there and it will never be noticed!

6ballsisall
03-21-2008, 01:08 PM
lol

I am sure there was money in it for the CEO, CFO, etc... and will be on-going money in it for them. CEOs main job often is to keep major investors happy and engaged and new money coming in. Some how I doubt that 19.1 billion is going into their personal pockets though.....Guess we'll need to wait it out a few quarters and watch their earnings and progress to tell. Somehow I am not going to lose any sleep over your conspiracy theory brutha. ;)