PDA

View Full Version : No MC's at the KC Boat show again this year

badams
02-24-2008, 08:39 AM
Well the local MC dealer didn't come to the KC boat show again this year. I was totally bummed! I would think MC Corporate would like to have some sort of representation in a boating market this large. As it stands Nautique and BU seem to have it all wrapped up. :confused:

TMCNo1
02-24-2008, 08:48 AM
Don't feel bad, our local dealer usually has only a couple MC's @ the Central Carolina Boat Show and very seldom, if ever does anyone from MC come to assist them in promoting MC's during the show. The dealer is more interested in putting someone in a Bayliner, BassTracker, Party Barge, among other brands of entry level boats.

ShamrockIV
02-24-2008, 10:38 AM
well as tmcno1 says. i would assume as a dealer unless all i sold was MC's i would try to get new boat people into something a little less expensive!!! even though that x14 i saw at nashville boat show was awesome, it was not 40k better than my boat!!!

mofreestyle
02-25-2008, 12:18 AM
Well since Kansas City doesn't really have an MC dealer it's kind of understandable. The closest dealer is 3 or 3.5 hours away and most people wouldn't want to buy from a dealer that far away. As for the one's that don't mind they would probably travel to whichever boat show they needed to.

Kansas City is lacking though. I have friends with every type of boat imaginable and they all say the kc dealers suck.

JBaker
02-25-2008, 01:08 AM
well as tmcno1 says. i would assume as a dealer unless all i sold was MC's i would try to get new boat people into something a little less expensive!!! even though that x14 i saw at nashville boat show was awesome, it was not 40k better than my boat!!!

I don't see selling entry level boats (bayliners, pontoons, etc.) and MC's as being mutually exclusive. You don't have to promote one at the parrel of the other.

I'm also unsure of the relevance of talking about "new boat people." Current boat owners are very well represented at boat shows, so even if you don't sell a single MC to a new to boating guy, you could do quite well. As poor as the boating industry is doing right now, I don't see a lot of excuse for not showing what may be your highest margin line. Tow boats continue to be a relatively strong market segment, but I wouldn't just assume you can leave them at home and they will sell themselves.

FWIW I have been at three major shows this year and one mid market and MC was well represented at all of them. I also noticed these dealers seem to be expanding their pro shops, which is cool.

Bob B
02-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Last year, I was told that Mastercraft was not at that boat show because this is a ‘local area” dealer show and our closest dealer is at the Lake of the Ozarks. So, he could not attend. (I not know if this is true.)

ShamrockIV
02-25-2008, 10:58 AM
boat market is poor becuase a new MC is over 60K!!! dang am I out of my mind!!!

oldriver
02-25-2008, 11:55 AM
they did not attend the Syracuse NY show either.Only BU's and Centurians for W/B or Ski boats.Too bad

TMCNo1
02-25-2008, 12:05 PM
I don't see selling entry level boats (bayliners, pontoons, etc.) and MC's as being mutually exclusive. You don't have to promote one at the parrel of the other.

I'm also unsure of the relevance of talking about "new boat people." Current boat owners are very well represented at boat shows, so even if you don't sell a single MC to a new to boating guy, you could do quite well. As poor as the boating industry is doing right now, I don't see a lot of excuse for not showing what may be your highest margin line. Tow boats continue to be a relatively strong market segment, but I wouldn't just assume you can leave them at home and they will sell themselves.

FWIW I have been at three major shows this year and one mid market and MC was well represented at all of them. I also noticed these dealers seem to be expanding their pro shops, which is cool.

Should have said "First Time Buyers"!
It's discougaging to see all the other major Ski/Wakeboard boat dealers there with 6 to 8 boats and only 2 MC's displayed by our local, dealer.

ttu
02-25-2008, 12:29 PM
mc at the tulsa boat show had 6 boats there. sorry guys no prostar's. as far as the others, bu had 3, tige 4 and cc 5 boats. there were a bunch of bayliner's and so forth io's with towers:rolleyes:

i took some pics of the mc's "ony" but the dang digital camera broke.:(

mcdoon
02-25-2008, 12:54 PM
I was at both the Chicago and Grand Rapids (Mich) boat shows this year and MC was out in force at both. Hats off to Chicago Mastercraft and Action Water Sports (GR) for making going the distance. Judging by the amount of inventory at both shows I sure came away feeling like the industry and MC are doing well.