PDA

View Full Version : Handle Recoil stopper thingy

rodltg2
02-23-2008, 12:06 AM
i dont remember what the techncical term is for it, but the spoiler that prevents the handle from hitting the driver.... anyone remove theirs? what does the deck look like under neath? does it look bad ? would you have to fill in the holes to make it look okay?

03 35th Anniversary
02-23-2008, 12:35 AM
Its called a Safety-Top...

kpickett
02-23-2008, 03:11 AM
I think it was the Safe-T Top.

Rod, I took mine off my '94 when I bought it. It looks good, but it's a pain to actually have on the boat. It just left two holes on either side. I put some some marine grip tape down over the holes, rather than filling the holes, just in case I ever wanted to put the top back on. It looks like the step on a Nautique.

Except for the holes, the gelcoat looked perfect.

TMCNo1
02-23-2008, 07:01 AM
Nevermind!

Covi
02-23-2008, 07:20 AM
I removed The safe t top on my 89. Could have sworn there were 3 holes 1 1/4 diameter. I actually had the holes filled and re-gel coated by my local fiberglass guy. I agree it looks bad *** with the T top on. But, what a pain moving around the boat.

rodltg2
02-23-2008, 10:09 AM
Safe T top.. thanks guys.. i think it actually looks cool, however it appears that it may be a PIA to move around the boat with it on there.
anyway , still searching for a boat to keep up at the lake. saw a nice one one listed , however dont know if its still available, the listing is somewhat old.

ShamrockIV
02-23-2008, 10:10 AM
i would agree it seems like a heckuva PIA!!!!! unless u are "little people"

ProTour X9
02-23-2008, 10:35 AM
Our boat had steel plates that cover the holes that you put the Safe-T-Top over

TX.X-30 fan
02-23-2008, 11:01 AM
Our boat had steel plates that cover the holes that you put the Safe-T-Top over

Why would you need the safety top with that pink hat on? :confused: :confused: 8p

ProTour X9
02-23-2008, 12:01 PM
Why would you need the safety top with that pink hat on? :confused: :confused: 8p

To protect it of course!8p

jsc0324
02-23-2008, 12:08 PM
Safe T top.. thanks guys.. i think it actually looks cool, however it appears that it may be a PIA to move around the boat with it on there.
anyway , still searching for a boat to keep up at the lake. saw a nice one one listed , however dont know if its still available, the listing is somewhat old.

I was able to see this boat that would be a perfect "leave at the lake" boat. I was looking for the exact same thing and I found this one. We did not buy this one as I decided to use my existing boat for that purpose. Doesn't take much analysis to see it is an awesome deal at or close to the asking.

1. World class three event boat. One of the best MC years.
2. EFI
3. Has every PP option and is the 6.5ng
4. The person selling will upgrade to Stargazer if you ask.
5. The owner is in the industry and has had the boat perfectly maintained.
6. Tandem Trailer in excellent condition and brakes upgraded to disk.
7. Boat has heater and shower.
8. The owner will be happy to hook up to his computer to show you the exact hours on boat. (<300)
9. That Safe T top comes off.
10. The stickers can come off too.
11. This was a very limited edition boat and is a one owner boat.
12. The owner is anal. He even covered the carpet with plastic to prevent wear.

When I looked at the boat I could only find one flaw in the gel coat by the lifting ring. Not terribly noticeable. When I was under the boat, I made note that there were not a lot of chips in the trailer paint. This rig has not seen much use and was perfectly maintained.

Damn, this is a lot of boat for the money. Basically a new prostar 190, fully optioned for $16K. Take out the price of the options and that price is even closer to 12 or 13.

Sorry for the sales pitch, I was just so impressed when I saw it, you guys are some of the few that can really appreciate what it is.

http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&postid=SIA05458