PDA

View Full Version : The completed Swim Platform Ladder!

Mag_Red
03-27-2005, 10:06 PM
I wasn't really happy about the hardware that came with ladder. I kept thinking...............How is this ladder going to stay in the retracted position?????

6ballsisall
03-27-2005, 10:07 PM
More pics!

Mag_Red
03-27-2005, 10:08 PM
So with a little "Mag" ingenuity...................problem solved!

Mag_Red
03-27-2005, 10:08 PM
Another view.........

Mag_Red
03-27-2005, 10:09 PM
And retracted...................

6ballsisall
03-27-2005, 10:13 PM
Thats slick Mag!! Nice work, I bet the parents will be riding on the 209 more now!

MarkP
03-27-2005, 10:17 PM
You guys are killin me with all of the project shots of your boats. I havenít seen my boat in 5 months

Mag_Red
03-27-2005, 10:18 PM
They ride in it plenty...........it was getting back in after swimming that was a problem. :toast:

Mag_Red
03-27-2005, 10:19 PM
You guys are killin me with all of the project shots of your boats. I havenít seen my boat in 5 months

:uglyhamme I haven't seen the actually boat in a while either Mark...........but I've become very intimate with the swim platform. Hey maybe now I can get it out of the living room. :D

MarkP
03-27-2005, 10:23 PM
:uglyhamme I haven't seen the actually boat in a while either Mark...........but I've become very intimate with the swim platform. Hey maybe now I can get it out of the living room. :D
I was going to comment on that last shot that you have a nice garage.:worthy:

6balls
03-27-2005, 10:36 PM

I hear you there Mark... I just pulled mine out and turned it in to the dealer so I can get new one. I have all these great ideas that I never get to because I only get to keep a boat for 4 to 6 months at a time.

Leroy
03-27-2005, 10:43 PM
6balls; And who's fault is that? Seriously, why is that? Are they rentals you keep for only the summer? Doesn't sound like a bad problem, just get the new one like you want it!

I hear you there Mark... I just pulled mine out and turned it in to the dealer so I can get new one. I have all these great ideas that I never get to because I only get to keep a boat for 4 to 6 months at a time.

6ballsisall
03-27-2005, 10:45 PM

Just curious, approx. how much does each one depreciate when you buy the next?

east tx skier
03-28-2005, 01:48 PM
Looks good, Mag. And the avatar isn't bad, either.

AirJunky
03-28-2005, 02:08 PM
You guys that love the teak will hate this..... but I just finished my fiberglass swimstep. Looking forward to not maintaining it for a while. Picked it up on ebay for $175 shipped to my door. Traxxed it & put some heavy rubber ends on it to protect where the foil hits when the rider is mounting up. Has 2" solid plastic spacers under it so the swimstep sits above the water line when the boat is fully weighted.
So I have an old beat up teak step up for grabs. PM me with any offers. I will try to clean it up a bit as I have time.

MarkP
03-28-2005, 02:14 PM
Looks cool AJ:headbang:

BriEOD
03-28-2005, 02:15 PM

Wah, Wah... :cry:

Just kidding you Mark! ;)

Andrť
03-28-2005, 02:16 PM
That' certainly a unique platform...
Can't look at it too long with out getting dizzy!
Did you hand painted this pattern ?

AirJunky
03-28-2005, 02:20 PM
It's called Traxx pad, Andre. http://airjunky.com/traxxed/

If your a jet skier, you might recognize it as Gator Grip. It's 1/8" neoprene & rubber. The pattern is actually a texture, non-skid, kind of squishy. Cool stuff & very durable.

east tx skier
03-28-2005, 04:03 PM
Andre, you mean you didn't see the 3D pony?

/kidding, kidding. It looks cool. Sort of like swimming pool tile.

jsonova99
03-28-2005, 04:06 PM
You guys that love the teak will hate this..... but I just finished my fiberglass swimstep. Looking forward to not maintaining it for a while. Picked it up on ebay for $175 shipped to my door. Traxxed it & put some heavy rubber ends on it to protect where the foil hits when the rider is mounting up. Has 2" solid plastic spacers under it so the swimstep sits above the water line when the boat is fully weighted.
So I have an old beat up teak step up for grabs. PM me with any offers. I will try to clean it up a bit as I have time.

Would a your old teak platform fit a '91 PS190? I'm not sure what year the hull changed

AirJunky
03-28-2005, 04:08 PM
I believe so, Jsonova. I'll take measurements & get a picture of it & send it your way.

jsonova99
03-28-2005, 04:11 PM
thanks. How beat up is it, the one mine came with has two cracked pieces, one pretty severely. I'd like to try to make one good one.

6balls
03-29-2005, 08:29 PM
6balls; And who's fault is that? Seriously, why is that? Are they rentals you keep for only the summer? Doesn't sound like a bad problem, just get the new one like you want it!

I am in a promo program with MC - I do community service events - like teaching amputees how to ski, provide collegiate team development and coaching, and promote tournaments. I try to spin boats every 100 hours whenever possible. For the most part I get my boats as I like them, but I always have these great Ideas about how I would customize them. I never mess with the boat though becase I need to keep it as "like new" as possible.

Leroy
03-29-2005, 08:39 PM
Very nice 6balls!

Ric
03-30-2005, 11:19 AM
I am in a promo program with MC - I do community service events - like teaching amputees how to ski, provide collegiate team development and coaching, and promote tournaments. I try to spin boats every 100 hours whenever possible. For the most part I get my boats as I like them, but I always have these great Ideas about how I would customize them. I never mess with the boat though becase I need to keep it as "like new" as possible.
I think there is someone around here doing something like that 6balls.
They call it adaptive watersports. I've not seen it but they do some advertising locally. Is that the same thing you do?