PDA

View Full Version : Wrist Pain

Lennyp04
02-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Hello everyone,

The other day my left wrist started hurting very bad to the point where I cant type without a cringe coming here and there. I broke both bones in this wrist back in 2005 and thought that since the weather was changing that was why. I have had it hurt for small periods of time when the weather is changing but not like this. I was just wondering if any of you guys have any kind of advice to help it go away because it hurts so bad!!!!

-Lenny

h2oskifreak
02-20-2008, 07:58 PM
Quit spankin, Lenny Just kidding. Try Ice and rest it. You may have slept on it funny and not realize it. If it still persists go see a doc.

Lennyp04
02-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Haha very funny. Yeah I started wearing a brace thingy a few hours ago but that is so tight that it cuts off the circulation. Its been hurting since Sunday and I just wish it would go away!

Prostar in Michigain
02-20-2008, 08:11 PM
icy hot works like magic

Covi
02-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Lenny, what's your co-pay? I take pay-pal! No seriously are you on the computer much? It could be as simple as adjusting the height of your chair you sit in, or the angle of the key pad. Could be a case of carpel tunnel? Ice, tylenol, doctor.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
02-20-2008, 08:29 PM
Haha very funny. Yeah I started wearing a brace thingy a few hours ago but that is so tight that it cuts off the circulation. Its been hurting since Sunday and I just wish it would go away!
Look.....what you do in your personal life is your business.....this is a family site.

Lennyp04
02-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Covi my dad did mention something about carpel tunnel which I'm praying it isnt. But maybe i need to try not being on the computer for a few days. I think in a little while I'm gonna sit down and put some ice on it and take some tylenol before I go to bed. I tried using just a hot pad on it last night which kinda worked but the pain came right back. And my dad asked me if I hit my wrist on anything but I cant remember hitting anything with it but if this persists I'm going to have to go see a Doc.

Lennyp04
02-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Look.....what you do in your personal life is your business.....this is a family site.

Ha thats funny. Thats not how I roll!

TheOneandOnly
02-20-2008, 08:31 PM
could be a small case of tendinious, give the spanking a rest lol haha. I got it in my wrist when I was racing motorcycles, it happed from repetitivly twisting the throttle.

Best bet is to make sure your wrists are not cocked when typing on the keyboard. Let it rest, there is bandages the doc will give, If you did something that makes it hurt stop that for a few days until it goes away. Mine always took 3-4 days to get back to normal.

Lennyp04
02-20-2008, 08:35 PM
Wow you guys and the spanking...haha I'm a righty...jk jk. But when i type my wrists are flat on the table and then my hands do the typing...duhhh...lol. But seriously should the keyboard be with those little riser things up or down...I've had them up but maybe I should try them being down

TMCNo1
02-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Ha thats funny. Thats not how I roll!

I call BS! 16/17 year old boys should tell fibs!

TheOneandOnly
02-20-2008, 08:41 PM
L--make sure your arms are straight with your wrists straight no bending to the left or right. Make sure elbows are level. Keep the risers down!

TX.X-30 fan
02-20-2008, 08:56 PM
I always just alternate, yeah at first the left has a hard time keeping up but just give it some time. When in doubt about exact sequencing of the operation check with UMP!!!

JohnE
02-20-2008, 09:26 PM
Lenny, you should have realized you were setting yourself up for some heat with this thread.:D

Hope it bets better quickly.

bigmac
02-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Probably not carpal tunnel, but likely some other form of repetitive strain injury. Computer or iPhone related.

Lennyp04
02-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Yeah I figured this would bring about some humor. No big deal... I'm all for a good laugh! I just want my wrist to stop hurting! But I just took some Tylenol and typing this on my phone while I ice my wrist. This way only my right index finger will hurt! LOL

tex
02-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Hello everyone,

The other day my left wrist started hurting very bad to the point where I cant type without a cringe coming here and there. I broke both bones in this wrist back in 2005 and thought that since the weather was changing that was why. I have had it hurt for small periods of time when the weather is changing but not like this. I was just wondering if any of you guys have any kind of advice to help it go away because it hurts so bad!!!!

-Lenny
Sounds like limp wrist syndrome!

dmayer84
02-20-2008, 10:26 PM
try getting one of the split keyboards, it works wonders.