PDA

View Full Version : Used PerfectPass Plus X4

gardinerbowen
02-19-2008, 11:38 AM
What do you think of this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MASTERCRAFT-T-B-I-PERFECT-PASS-PLUS-VERSION-X4_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ26455QQihZ024QQitemZ 370022522597QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

It doesn't have a display would that be hard to find? What do you think its worth with out the display?

east tx skier
02-19-2008, 11:43 AM
I think that square thing in the upper right hand corner of the picture is the display. Older systems had external displays.

The pull from PP has changed over the years. To ever upgrade this would probably require the purchase of a master module and display (I don't think you can simply do a chip swap in a "plus system"), which could probably be done for a pretty reasonable price with the number of stargazer upgrades. That's a way to say that $99 is still a pretty good price for a servo motor and cable (which could also be used with a newer system if you ever wanted to). I've skied an older plus system, though probably was a newer version of that. Pull seemed fine. For slalom, it's a good setup probably more than I could ever need if I was honest with myself (no chance of that). If you have magnets in your course though, plan to spend another $200 for a magnet sensor (if you're lucky to find one used, you could get it for less than $100). That system appears to have a hand timer only.

So, in sum, PP plus was and is a good system, but that one may not be the same pull as what they're running today. As is, for the price, it's a good buy, even if you did buy all the extra stuff to upgrade at some point.

88 PS190
02-19-2008, 01:04 PM
Here when I saw the title of the thread I thought someone had an ebay add for a Used perfect pass unit and an X series boat for say 50 grand all together.

Ha ha.

dpolen
02-19-2008, 03:31 PM
Man, I'm so bummed, got outbid with less than 30 seconds to go, was really hoping to score this for my MC. Hope somebody here picked it up at my loss at least.

east tx skier
02-19-2008, 03:34 PM
Winning bidder was joldriver. I think someone on here outbid you if I had to guess.

chevy08bud
02-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Hopefully it was OldRiver, he's been bidding on PP stuff on E-Bay fast and furious. Getting outbid in the last seconds sucks bad. Happened to me twice last week.

east tx skier
02-19-2008, 03:49 PM
Hopefully it was OldRiver, he's been bidding on PP stuff on E-Bay fast and furious. Getting outbid in the last seconds sucks bad. Happened to me twice last week.

I figured it was him. He contacted me about my master module ready to go about 5 minutes after I sold it.

chevy08bud
02-19-2008, 03:51 PM
I want PerfectPass:cry:

puck_11
02-19-2008, 04:15 PM
I bid on that one, but I let it go after a point. I was planning on using it to build up a system. Somewhere on the PP website I saw that you can upgrade a plus system to a wakeboard pro for $395.

oldriver
02-19-2008, 05:28 PM
you guys guessed right I out bid and won the plus system.New master module and should be good to go.
At least its goimg in a MC..........

east tx skier
02-19-2008, 05:38 PM
you guys guessed right I out bid and won the plus system.New master module and should be good to go.

Good thing. Otherwise, that throttle cable might be the wrong length.

dpolen
02-19-2008, 07:22 PM

Oldriver, nice steal at the end of the auction today. I thought I had it won, then I had to shut down my computer to go to a meeting, otherwise, I might have tried to go a littler higher as I was watching it close until I had to leave. I hope the system works out well for you.

oldriver
02-19-2008, 08:22 PM
thanks dpolen.my boat is a 1998 also.I was at the end of my rope,so guess i got lucky.Just gonna use it for openwater skiing so should work well.

puck_11
02-19-2008, 09:35 PM
I had alerts being sent to me while I was in the middle of a test, you can set it up so that you can bid with your phone. Hope you enjoy it!

oldriver
02-20-2008, 09:20 AM
thanks puck and sorry for the inconvience.I watched the thing for a week ,Dpolen would have been the winner except for a meeting he had to attend,I was maxed out,Every once in a while you get lucky...

Jesus_Freak
02-20-2008, 01:04 PM
I thought I had it won, then I had to shut down my computer to go to a meeting....

Bad meetings!

gardinerbowen
02-20-2008, 03:34 PM
I had a test right at the time of the close of that i really want PP so bad i just dont have 1K to spend!!! bummer

good steal oldriver

dpolen
02-21-2008, 04:36 PM
Bad meetings!

Unfortunately, it was a good meeting...I got the sale!!! Too bad the sale wasn't big enough to justify a new PP system, at least I won't have to deal with Oldriver swooping in at the last minute NEXT TIME!!!! :D Maybe he'll give me a pull until I find my new system. :cool:

oldriver
02-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Dpolen I will give you a pull anytime you want.Still frozen here,when things thaw set up a meeting at my venue and you wont be sorry.I would be willing to pull all you can take....I think I will stay away from the next bid.BTW there is a new master module coming due on ebay tomorrow.Get it!!!!!!I was ready to jump on that one but no need now.

dpolen
02-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Dpolen I will give you a pull anytime you want.Still frozen here,when things thaw set up a meeting at my venue and you wont be sorry.I would be willing to pull all you can take....I think I will stay away from the next bid.BTW there is a new master module coming due on ebay tomorrow.Get it!!!!!!I was ready to jump on that one but no need now.

Darn, you're frozen in too. Oh well, sounds like you've got plenty of time to get that system installed. I've got some new toys for the boat I'm just aching to try out like my HO Wakeskis. I'll just have to get my wife to keep that throttle steady...maybe I should look at this from a glass half full perspective...I've got some gas money that I didn't just spend.

What's the deal with the new master module you're referring to? I need the whole system...guess I'm gun-shy to piece it together.