PDA

View Full Version : MasterCraft receives awards!

TMCNo1
02-19-2008, 11:50 AM
Number One,

MasterCraft Receives Prestigious J.D. Power and Associates Award
Feb 14, 2008

MasterCraft announces that it is has earned a top honor from J.D. Power and Associates and is rated “Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Ski and Wakeboard Boats in a Tie”. MasterCraft, in its 40th year of business, has staked its reputation over the past four decades on striving for the highest possible customer satisfaction, an effort emulated by its competitors and now recognized by J.D. Power and Associates.

“Since 1968, MasterCraft has been raising the expectations and standards of design, performance and quality for the towboat industry,” says John Dorton, President and CEO of MasterCraft. “So it is fitting that we have met the consumer's expectations, according to J.D. Power and Associates, and received this very significant recognition from such a respected and world-renowned institution.”

According to the J.D. Power and Associates’ study, MasterCraft was the sole company in the ski and wakeboard category with customer satisfaction improvement from the 2007 study, with MasterCraft’s Boat Performance Index (BPI) score rising 15 points.

Number Two,

MasterCraft.com Awarded Best Website In Marine Industry
Feb 14, 2008

MasterCraft announced that it has earned the Best Marine Site Overall at the annual North American Marine Industry Web Award presentation sponsored by NMMA and boats.com. The awards are designed to recognize companies that lead the North American marine industry's drive towards higher standards of excellence in website design and content.

“The web is obviously playing an exponentially larger role in window shopping and final retail demand, even with items like cars and boats” says Phil Walker, e-Business Manager at MasterCraft. “As a result, we had to move Mastercraft.com to more than just a branding piece – it is now a destination. It is designed to let people discover our action lifestyle and buy into it by creating compelling and actionable content that drives leads to our retail partners.”

The judging panel for the 2008 awards included one person from boats.com, one from the NMMA and two additional Internet professionals with appropriate credentials and experience from outside of the marine industry. These judges reviewed and analyzed nearly 100 different websites, eventually handing out five awards: Best OEM/Manufacturer Site; Best Marine Equipment Site; Best Dealer/Broker Site; Best Marine Site Overall and Outstanding Contribution to the Online Marine Industry.

Congratulations MasterCraft!

SunCoast 83
02-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Yeeeeaaahhh!!!!! #1!!

Roonie's
02-19-2008, 11:58 AM
very nice to see. Congrats MC

flipper
02-19-2008, 12:04 PM
We already knew that!!!!:D

TMCNo1
02-19-2008, 12:29 PM
We already knew that!!!!:D

I just happened upon it while looking on www.mastercraft.com (http://www.mastercraft.com) today and posted it because TTAdmin has not posted it in the TT News forum like they usually do, sorry.

Roonie's
02-19-2008, 12:58 PM
I just happened upon it while looking on www.mastercraft.com (http://www.mastercraft.com) today and posted it because TTAdmin has not posted it in the TT News forum like they usually do, sorry.

I think he is referring to the fact that we all know MC is number #1 which is the reason we bought MC's, and glad to see they are getting recognized for it. Not that it was already posted as this is the first time I have seen it.

east tx skier
02-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Congrats to MC! One thing I didn't see mentioned, which it is probably worth mentioning ... It was a two-way tie with CC for first place. The glass of red drink is half full. ;)

Link (http://www.jdpower.com/boats/articles/small-craft-warning?)

flipper
02-19-2008, 01:01 PM

No, I just meant we all know MC is the best. Just joking with ya. Sorry, didn't mean to sound like a Jack@$$.

flipper
02-19-2008, 01:04 PM
I think he is referring to the fact that we all know MC is number #1 which is the reason we bought MC's, and glad to see they are getting recognized for it. Not that it was already posted as this is the first time I have seen it.

yeah, what he said

TMCNo1
02-19-2008, 01:08 PM
No, I just meant we all know MC is the best. Just joking with ya. Sorry, didn't mean to sound like a Jack@$$.

You didn't, I guess I'm just partial!:D

duckguy
02-19-2008, 01:08 PM
It's A Major Award

east tx skier
02-19-2008, 01:09 PM
It's A Major Award

Thread over. Duckguy wins! 8p

/by the way, you can buy those ya know.

Leg Lamp (http://www.redriderleglamps.com/productDetails.cfm?merchID=3&showDescription=yes&CFID=210701&CFTOKEN=20199382)

Jim@BAWS
02-19-2008, 01:13 PM
"It must be from France"...Fragile'

"I don't its a major award!!!"

Benny Boy
02-19-2008, 02:18 PM
This is hudge!

But if you go to JD Power's site, BU gets ranked better than MC for quality:confused: Someone who got that survey obviously didn't get the question because you don't need to go very far to see the difference in a MC :mad: I think MC customers are just higher end customers who expect so much, they're pickier and answer differently than BU customers.

I'd say it's about time MC got recognized. Their quality has been going up for a while while others is going down. I believe this is not the last for MC. As long as they keep doing the good work.

Make sure you check out ''additionnal categories''. http://www.jdpower.com/boats/ratings/ski-wakeboarding-boat-ratings

Ric
02-19-2008, 02:40 PM
it's all bunk and the non-response error in a survey like this is huge anyway, but Good Lord did the Nautigue guys rail about this award 4 or 5 years back on the other forums.. ad-nauseum.
Yes, I'd rather have the Leg than the JD Powers type awards.

east tx skier
02-19-2008, 03:42 PM
it's all bunk .

You and your trailers. 8p

6ballsisall
02-19-2008, 03:45 PM
So I wonder if we'll see anymore of those abnoxious CC ads in Waterski Magazine about their JD Powers & Assoc. awards or not???

TMCNo1
02-19-2008, 03:49 PM
They are already using the award in their advertizing and they too are refering to the "tie". They too are not saying who they tied with, but a caveman can figure it out!

Oh no, will this mean, I'll be switching boat brands in the near future,

Not!

Ric
02-19-2008, 06:54 PM
You and your trailers. 8p even with my trailers I never responded to one of those thangs.

I think nautigue has MC and others beat all to hell on brand loyalty. Those guys at skifly and nichols used to blather for hundreds of threads about nothing more than the fact that they had an N. I expect that here but i never saw that type of loyalty from other brand owners on those sites.

east tx skier
02-19-2008, 08:42 PM
even with my trailers I never responded to one of those thangs.

I think nautigue has MC and others beat all to hell on brand loyalty. Those guys at skifly and nichols used to blather for hundreds of threads about nothing more than the fact that they had an N. I expect that here but i never saw that type of loyalty from other brand owners on those sites.

The Nautique owners are a loyal bunch for sure, as are MC owners (except for some of those north Texas guys). ;) But even with that being said, the thread I read yesterday on PN mentioned the tie in the title. I don't see any mention of it in the blurb above. I'm sure it was just an oversight though.

I've long read about how the JD Powers thing is set up and won't confess to understanding it to any great degree. Not something I'd ever be swayed by one way or the other personally. MC seems proud of it, too, though. So again, congrats to MC for doing well.

Toober Tom
02-19-2008, 09:21 PM
..........but a caveman can figure it out!

I take offense to that remark!:mad: :confused: :mad:

TMCNo1
02-19-2008, 09:32 PM
The Nautique owners are a loyal bunch for sure, as are MC owners (except for some of those north Texas guys). ;) But even with that being said, the thread I read yesterday on PN mentioned the tie in the title. I don't see any mention of it in the blurb above. I'm sure it was just an oversight though.

I've long read about how the JD Powers thing is set up and won't confess to understanding it to any great degree. Not something I'd ever be swayed by one way or the other personally. MC seems proud of it, too, though. So again, congrats to MC for doing well.

If referencing MC's statement, 1st paragraph, MasterCraft announces that it is has earned the top prize from JD Power and Associates and is rated “Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Ski and Wakeboard Boats in a Tie”.

TMCNo1
02-19-2008, 09:34 PM
I take offence to that remark!:mad: :confused: :mad:

You figured it out when you invented the wheel to transport your cooler!:rolleyes:

Here ya go, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX8Du9pusdA&feature=related

east tx skier
02-19-2008, 09:39 PM
If referencing MC's statement, 1st paragraph, MasterCraft announces that it is has earned the top prize from JD Power and Associates and is rated “Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Ski and Wakeboard Boats in a Tie”.

I stand corrected. My proofreading isn't what it was yesterday. :o If they'd have just used some red font, it would've been easier for me to pick that out, that's for sure.

G-man
02-19-2008, 11:33 PM
A tie just shows you how bogus the award is. Companies pay alot of money to participate, pay enough and long enough and you get a tie.

6ballsisall
02-19-2008, 11:40 PM
A tie just shows you how bogus the award is. Companies pay alot of money to participate, pay enough and long enough and you get a tie.

You may be right Gman. Ask the marketing and sales folks and they'll tell you otherwise. Theres not doubt business will be closed on the premise of this award. You can't really falter their efforts in getting to this award stage of today. How the award recognition is calculated by JD Powers remains a different story.......

JohnE
02-20-2008, 12:25 AM
I do offer congrats to MC for the award. But weren't we all calling that award BS the past few years when we didn't win it?:confused:

Bruce
02-20-2008, 12:49 AM
I once won the " humility award" but when I started wearing it they took it back!

Ric
02-20-2008, 09:30 AM

I've long read about how the JD Powers thing is set up and won't confess to understanding it to any great degree. Not something I'd ever be swayed by one way or the other personally. MC seems proud of it, too, though. So again, congrats to MC for doing well. Maybe I was not clear. I expect sicofants here or on PN, but the diahrea of the keyboard from N owners was found on ostensibly neutral sites. I've not been to those places in awhile It was kinda sad to watch and certainly not worth entering the wizzing contest.

TMCNo1
02-20-2008, 09:38 AM

Where have you been stranger?:rolleyes:

BIGBADBLUE
02-20-2008, 10:20 AM
So how is it a tie if CC gets all 5's and we get a 3 in quality? Strange.

6ballsisall
02-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Maybe I was not clear. I expect sicofants here or on PN, but the diahrea of the keyboard from N owners was found on ostensibly neutral sites. I've not been to those places in awhile It was kinda sad to watch and certainly not worth entering the wizzing contest.

Careful there Ric, you keep using big and obscure words like that and you'll likely blow a fuse in that male model brain of yours. 8p

6ballsisall
02-20-2008, 10:26 AM
I do offer congrats to MC for the award. But weren't we all calling that award BS the past few years when we didn't win it?:confused:

Tru Dat. :o

east tx skier
02-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Maybe I was not clear. I expect sicofants here or on PN, but the diahrea of the keyboard from N owners was found on ostensibly neutral sites. I've not been to those places in awhile It was kinda sad to watch and certainly not worth entering the wizzing contest.

I've picked up a few good ski tips there though. And yes, there are a lot of satisfied CC owners on that site. But the guy who runs that site is a CC promo driver isn't he? Either that or he manages to upgrade to a new boat fairly often. But yes, not a brand specific site. But I don't exactly know that an ostensibly neutral website exists anywhere on any topic.

It doesn't bother me now and didn't bother me when I owned my last boat. I'm not terribly concerned about brand so long as I'm skiing. Just give me an inboard with enough power versus weight to get me out of the water and I'm happy.

/Edit. Oh, and one other thing. I just read on the Nicholl's board yesterday a post by a guy who described himself as a long time Nautique owner who raved about the ride he got behind a 2008 TT 197. Take that, Ric's opinion! ;)

Ric
02-20-2008, 04:11 PM
again, I've not been there in quite awhile, and I am confident you remember the days of the perfect pull guy, the canadians, the south americans and an overall nautiques are best air about that site.

Since the site was not an advertisement site and the name was not the name of a boat manufacturer and the site was supposed to be about skiing, I say it was an ostensibly neutral site. Didn't take long to realize that the majority there was not neutral, nor organized toward the same ends really.

ProTour X9
02-20-2008, 04:54 PM

Yep.........

Benny Boy
02-20-2008, 09:39 PM
So how is it a tie if CC gets all 5's and we get a 3 in quality? Strange.

Did you check ''additional categories''? There are other areas where MC gets 5 and CC doesn't.

Benny Boy
02-20-2008, 09:50 PM

I couldn't tell you if the tie is bogus, but I can garantee you the research done by JD is not. I've had the chance to see the whole studies and all the details back when I was working for a dealer on the other side of the fence, and I can tell you there is a few hundred pages of valuable information for the companies to use if they want to.

The only thing is... what do you do with the info. It seems like MC decided they were gonne win that award and used the info to get there, but it took a few years to get there and that's normal.

MC deserves a lot of credit for winning that award. They could have just stayed satisfied with what they had and not invest in better quality, but they went for the kill :headbang:

If I were MC, I would have said this award was bogus too if I didn't win it, but once you win...:)