PDA

View Full Version : Tower clamps

VOLFAN
02-18-2008, 04:08 PM
I purchased some tower speakers and a light bar off of e-bay. I should have measured to see the dia. of the tubing that makes up the tower. The clamps I got fit 2.25" - 2.50" When I went to install I found my tubing seems to be 1.75" Do you guys know where I can get other clamps that will fit? The guy I bought the stuff from said he would not have any clamps that size until mid April and would be happy to swap them out with me, but I am hoping to be on the water by then :)

Another question... Any suggestions on running the speaker and power wire down to the amps and battery?

Monte
02-18-2008, 04:32 PM
You could always cut up an old bicycle tube, wrap your tower where you want the speaker mounted with the rubber, then mount the clamps over the rubber until the new clamps are ready.
As for wiring the speakers, drill a hole where you want the wire to go in, and where you want it to come out. Hook a long string to the end of the wire (string, long enough to make the whole distance) use a vaccum cleaner to suck the string up and through, then pull the string.. That is the only way I know how to do it..

lassy
02-18-2008, 05:22 PM
call monster tower and see if these will work:
http://monstertower.com/mt_inserts.htm