PDA

View Full Version : eBay problem

ShamrockIV
02-18-2008, 01:29 PM
hey ya'll!!
well i am over 125 transactions into my ebay experience and i have has my first bad expierence. i sent a guy some money for an ipod shuffle about jan 26 and have not seen it nor heard from him. after sending numerous emails with no reply i decided to file a dispute.

has anyone dealt with this b4?
do i stand any chance of getting my cash money back?( i used paypal)

just wondering!! thanks ya'll!!!

p.s. i love ebay and this is my first unsatisfactory transaction!!!

Monte
02-18-2008, 01:50 PM
Never have had to go through that thank goodness. The only thing I would have a problem with, outside of lost money, is I feel that negatives breed negatives.. You hate to pop him with one just because he can pop you back. Good luck with it...

ShamrockIV
02-18-2008, 01:59 PM
man i ain't skeered of that he is 110% wrong and i am good!!

jimmer2880
02-18-2008, 02:13 PM
We got messed over once. We bought a "NEW" DVD. The new DVD would not play. Seller wouldn't do anything. Paypal said "read the fine print". We were SOL.

Have not bought anything from Ebay since. I hope you have better luck.

Monte
02-18-2008, 02:19 PM
man i ain't skeered of that he is 110% wrong and i am good!!

I know you are 110% right, But there are jerks in this world:(

D3skier
02-18-2008, 02:37 PM
hey ya'll!!
well i am over 125 transactions into my ebay experience and i have has my first bad expierence. i sent a guy some money for an ipod shuffle about jan 26 and have not seen it nor heard from him. after sending numerous emails with no reply i decided to file a dispute.

has anyone dealt with this b4?
do i stand any chance of getting my cash money back?( i used paypal)

just wondering!! thanks ya'll!!!

p.s. i love ebay and this is my first unsatisfactory transaction!!!

I've had several bad experiences and found out the hard way to make sure to always use my credit card to pay for stuff. Through my bank I had no resolution to my issues but with my credit card I just called them up and told them I never received the item and they credited my account back immediatly.

stuartmcnair
02-18-2008, 02:42 PM
go through your credit card or paypal and you will get the money back on a no receive

new ebay policy...sellers are not allowed to leave feedback for buyers so the negative feedback from a seller is no longer an option

JR34
02-18-2008, 02:51 PM
This is why I only use Craigs List with face to face cash only deals. I live in Oregon and had a guy from TENN try (way too hard) to get me to sell a used jacket to him through Ebay or by using Pay Pal but I felt he was working too hard to buy a used jacket 2,000 miles away. Just moved on. Haven't sold it yet but I still have a jacket :)

Maristar210
02-18-2008, 03:05 PM
You were smart using Paypal as they almost ALWAYS side with the buyer. Once you file your complaint paypal will begin and investigation by putting a hold on the sellers account for the full amount you paid. Keep in mind this is BEFORE any leg work is done. That right there says a mouthfull. The seller will then have XXX days to produce a tracking number showing the items was shipped or Paypal will refund your money. Unless you bid on a scam you should either get your item or a refund.

Buyers who pay by money order are the ones most often screwed because there is no Paypal protection.

As a seller I like CASH because the person can, say, blow up a Dirt Bike the day after you sell it to them and then expect a full refund even though they wound the thing out in first gear, not that I would know :rolleyes: (True story, never even got the bike back)

As a buyer I only use Paypal.

Let us know how you make out.

Good luck - Steve

j2nh
02-18-2008, 04:36 PM
It is a long process but the best bet is to file a claim with ebay on non-shipment of goods.

I purchased a dozen LED string lights from a guy who stated he had 100 sets. He requested payment and I sent him a Postal MO. He did not ship and then informed me he did not actually have the lights but was waiting for his next shipment from China.

I asked for my money back and at that point he dropped off the face of the earth. I turned him into ebay and went through the process.
I did give him a negative feedback and he immediately slapped on me which made me angry beyond belief. I had a couple of hundred transactions at the time and was 100% positive.

Once a real person contacted me from ebay (via email) the process was long but eventually ebay credited my paypal account for 80% of the purchase price. A couple of months later the guy sent me the difference between what ebay had sent and what the original price was.

File a claim on ebays site for non-delivery.
Put together your proof of payment, and all emails relating to the purchase. Ebay does everthing through email so scan a copy of your check MO or what ever you used.

If I remember correctly it took me about 3 months to get the whole thing sorted out.

Good luck.

ShamrockIV
02-18-2008, 04:50 PM
since i used paypal and my paypal account it should not take long9i hope) once they do not get an answer from him!!

rholmes
02-18-2008, 06:12 PM
Check the auction page. In the right side below "meet the seller" where the "buy safely" box is, there should be something (hopefully) about how purchases with this person through paypal are protected up to $XXX amount. I have had to complain twice now with non responding sellers who had this box and both times, I was refunded money by paypal/ebay after about 1 month total time (waiting two weeks for item to arrive, week for response to your initial claim and one week of final warning to bidder). Both times, it was for around $50. Hope this helps.

ShamrockIV
02-27-2008, 07:24 PM
hey ya'll
well i filed a dispute on eBay and paypal. the seller had till yesterday to answer the dispute. he did not answer so today at 3pm pacific time they refunded all my money!! paypal rules!!!!! ALWAYS i say again ALWAYS use paypal for eBay transactions!!

VOLFAN
02-27-2008, 07:53 PM
I had the samething happen to me. It did not take long at all until PayPal/ebay refunded my money.

2RLAKE
02-27-2008, 08:48 PM
I got stuck from a guy this fall ... filed a claim with PayPal and they had it cleared up within two weeks. That individual had a 95% score and I should have read some of his feedback ... I do that all the time now