PDA

View Full Version : SCAM He sure is trying hard

Jim@BAWS
02-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Well I am having a little fun with this guy who wants me
to send him some EXTRA Money for a boat. The check arrived today.
And of course the called from overseas and is demanding his money

To bad he will have to wait....forever ENJOY

Thanks for your call today. Sorta neat to talk to someone from the UK. Tommorrow I may have to go to the doctor. So I don't know
if I can get to the bank. Sorta a all day thing. I have a bad case of genital herpes. I have had a small break out on
my left testicle and I need to have it looked at. Looks like maybe Wednesday would be the day that I can
foward your shipping money via WESTERN Unions. I hope that this does not inconvience you in anyway. This is great
we are planning on buying a 89 in New television for our home. The $7500 for the boat is going to almost pay for it.
I am getting the other $250 from the sale of my sons wheel chair to Good Will. This is going to create some good
times for our family.

Thanks for your understanding

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:44:18 +0000
Subject: shipper's information...........
To: 791@hotmail.com
CC: 791@hotmail.com

Thanks for the mail back,
i understand stood all what you have said, what i will like you to do now is that, once you receive the check payment i will like you to deposit it to your account and and witdraw the excess funds from your personal account and have it send to the shipper same tomorrow via western union money transfer, so as soon as you have send the funds send to my shipper he will be at your location in the next 24 hrs to do the shipment for me.
i want you to deduct the westernunion charges by sending the funds to my shipper out of the excess funds you are sending to my shipper tomorrow.
Here Is the shipper Information below where you are to send the shipment funds via westernunion money transfer tomorrow:

NAME: CINTIA NAMOR

ADDRESS: 27B MARTYR ROAD

CITY: LONDON

ZIP CODE: SE6 3HR

So after you have send the funds to this informatin i will required the following westnerunion details from you such as listed below here:

1...Money Transfer Control Number{10 Digits M.t.c.n}
2...Amount Sent in Us dollars..............?
3...Sender's name & Address.........?
4...Receiver's name will be.... Cintia Namor

So here is the western union details i will be expecting from you today, so that i can forward it to the shipping agent for him to get the funds and prepared hes flight for coming over to your location in the state to do the pick up of my boat.
i will like you to get the boat cleaned up before the shipper arrive.
Alex Brown

Jim K <791@hotmail.com> wrote:
What do you want me to do? My bank is closed on Monday. It is a Federal holiday. Presidents day.
Should I just foward you the extra money via Western Union and cash the check Tuesday.
Please let me know what you want me to do. How do I know who the shipper is? Is there somekind
of ID I should get from him when he picks up the boat. A BILL OF LADING or something. I just want to make sure that this all goes through OK. I have never done anything like this before.

Alex am I going to get to speak to you on the phone to say THANKS. I really like to match a email at least with a voice even though we may never get to meet in person

Thankyou...and GOD BLESS

Jim

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 21:00:45 +0000
Subject: payment will get to you on monday...................

i will like you to know that i have received an email from my banker in the state that the check payment will get to you on monday morning, so i will like you to go to your bank on monday and deposit and witdraw the excess funds and have it send to my shipper via westernunion money transfer in order for my shipper to locate you in the state to do the shippment for me.
so i will like you to know that you are to deduct your the westernunion charges for sending the funds to my shipper out of the funds you are sending to the shipper on monday, i will not want any delay with thge shippment funds, cos if there is any delayment the shipping company will charges me for delayment fees and demorages fees which that will cost $500.
so here is the ups tracking number below for you to confrim the funds will deliver to you on monday:
1Z6YX918NT93706641 ups.com.
so i will email you my shipper information where to send the excess funds via westernunion money transfer on monday okay.
Thanks Alex.

Good Moring. I have the boat all cleaned up and ready to go. We are so excited
Have you had a chance to send out the funds

Thanks in advance

Jim

PS Where you going to give me a # to contact you at?

To: alex_brown110@yahoo.ie
Subject: RE: keep other buyers off...........
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 18:29:51 -0500

That is so very nice of you. I wish that there where more good ole folks like you in the USA.
Your father is going to love this little boat. Great for fishing. My son who has cerebal paulsy is now to large and heavy for me to lift into the boat. Somehow he knows that I am selling it.

We will have to make other arrangements for some life time memories

Look foward to the check

PS I still am wondering how to contact you via phone or your shipper

Thanks so very much

Jim

Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 23:17:54 +0000
Subject: keep other buyers off...........

i will like you to know that i have forward your information to my banker in the state , and he assured me that hes going to ssend the payment to you and you will be receiving it this week.
So i will like you to keep other buyers off, cos i'm buying this as a birthday gift for my father, so i will like you to know that i am adding an extra $100 to your funds inorder for you to keep other buyers off.
Thanks and look forward to the payment.
Alex.

Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:12:28 +0000
Subject: payment and shippment...

Greetings
Thank you very much for the swift response towards my offer on your lovely (Boat) you posted for sale. However i would also like you to understand that the price $7,500 stated for it is perfectly ok with me after conversating with my wife about it. Concerning the payment mode i have just concluded with my Accountant & my shipping agent here in the state and have instructed my Accountant to make a cashier's check of $12,500 for the payment and shippment . Because i would not be in the state then to take care of all these .As a result of these i want them to handle this for me and less i forget that the shippment and freight would be completly and perfectly handled by my shipping agent who will be coming along with my Lawyer for all the necessary paper works to your place for the pick up.That is after you have gotten the check cashed at the bank then deduct payment fee including an extra $50 for yourself & All other charges then the rest of the funds would be shippment funds should be sent to my shipper via western union money transfer or Moneygram because my shipping agent will use the money for the pick up . I also have some other shippments to done . Please i want you to understand that the reason why you have receiving such a huge amount is that i also have another shippment to be done in the state which i want to ship down to Canada and hes currently incharge of them all .
Kindly go through this mail comprehensively and get back to me with the details below for the payment to reach you as soon as possible :
Name to send the check to James Kran
Address to send the check to 08 Land O Lakes Blvd
Including city, state & country Land O Lakes, FL 34639 USA
Phone Number 813 95 9782
Kindly get back to me with these details as soon as you can for further
proceedure
Thank you once again and hope to hear from you soon.
My Kind Regards To Your Family
Alex

What # can I reach you at please

The pictures are recent

I need $7500 for the package

Look foward to hearing from you

Thanks

Jim

Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 00:44:48 +0000
Subject: firm price needed for your boat...............
To: alex_brown110@yahoo.ie

Greeting Seller,
How are you today? I'm Mr Alex Brown from canada, Am interested in buying your Boat which i saw on the advert, so i will like you to get back to me with the recent pic and i will like to know more condition about the Boat i want you to know that i am buying the Boat as a birthday gift for my
Father Also i will like you to know that i will be handling the shipment my self via a friend of mine who work as a shipping agent in a shipping company.
Please get back to me with the firm price?
Thanks and get back to me. Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star power. Play now!

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

BrandonKTM
02-18-2008, 12:17 PM
I had the same scam tried on me when I was selling a Hobie Cat. They would be a lot more convincing if they had a clue how to write English and normal grammar. What would be nice would be to work with the cops and have them pick up the guy when he went to get the "extra" money.

wakolman
02-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Keep after him. Ask if he got the check yet. Tell him you will send it again...and again....and......

I love how these people just make a living off of scamming greedy people.

How many emails does everyone receive about winning a lottery in the UK, or a check from the IRS, or something from the UN?

Most of us just ignore and delete, but there are some fools who do get involved, and that payoff is what keeps these people going.

puck_11
02-18-2008, 12:29 PM
HAHA good work! That was very entertaining

BrandonKTM
02-18-2008, 12:37 PM
Maybe get a check from one of your earlier days (closed account), write it out for 10k, send it to him as some "extra" and ask him to send you the "extra extra" back. Maybe if you go round and round enough the guy will send you a million $ for your $7500 boat!

pq2
02-18-2008, 01:58 PM
I got the same when I was selling my J/24. Im sure many people had fall in to this scam because they´ve being doing this for a log time.

6ballsisall
02-18-2008, 02:03 PM
Maybe get a check from one of your earlier days (closed account), write it out for 10k, send it to him as some "extra" and ask him to send you the "extra extra" back. Maybe if you go round and round enough the guy will send you a million $ for your $7500 boat!

Sounds funny, but probably not a good idea. I'd guess that would be fraudelent activitiy as well. ;)

ShamrockIV
02-18-2008, 02:11 PM
man i got screwed this way when i was a kid. the bank put the money order in my account and stuff then like a week later they were like that cashiers check was no good! i was like man u said it was this is not on me!! u know how that goes!! d@mn banks!!!

GreenSpirit Hydro
02-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Nice Work! Don't limit yourself to screwing w/ just international idiots. You can have just as much fun w/ telemarketers.

Example:

Tellemarketer: Is Mr. Atkins or the person in charge of paying the bills available?

Mr Atkins: I am afraid Mr Atkins was arrested earlier today for conducting lewd acts on a domesticated animal. You wouldn't believe the mess one man, a German Sheppard and 12" of black rubber can create! If you would like to see the Polaroids I would more than happy to email them to you. Say, would you be interested in lowering your monthly phone bill...

X-Aggie
02-18-2008, 03:02 PM
HaHAHaha Made my day Jim.

For the record Green, Mr. Atkins has no such proclivities......
Joking again, but just funny that you mention our partners @ Houston MC by name.

Maby yummming up Shiner Bock at 9 in the morning with April was a bad idea.

Just a side note our first boats with the new style JL grills came today and they look awesome!

Sorry for the hijack Jim, by all means proceed!

jimmer2880
02-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Had a co-worker work one over pretty good. He arranged to meet them "in person", in some south american country. They were supposed to pick him up at the airport. He gave them flight info and everything. Of course, he never bought a ticket, but they were waiting for him at the airport. He gave them a sob story about somebody in jail, or something and arranged another "flight". Very funny stuff. He strung them along for the better part of a month.

JoshBuzz
02-18-2008, 04:06 PM
HaHAHaha Made my day Jim.

For the record Green, Mr. Atkins has no such proclivities......
Joking again, but just funny that you mention our partners @ Houston MC by name.

Maby yummming up Shiner Bock at 9 in the morning with April was a bad idea.

Just a side note our first boats with the new style JL grills came today and they look awesome!

Sorry for the hijack Jim, by all means proceed!

Oh boy, did you finish off the better part of that keg??

And you're in the wrong thread for the JL grills lol, you're a mess buddy!!

And are you sure Mr. Atkins had no part in that??

:D

Jim@BAWS
02-18-2008, 04:26 PM
What is the crappy part is Western Union could give a crap. I spent a better part of a 1/2 on hold trying to get through there phone system, called there corp. office. Gave them all the info. O just foward it to us. AMSCOTT/ WESTERN UNION... all those fast payroll places. Really to bad! I will post the next email he sends to me just to see what I am susposed to do next

Jim@BAWS

flipper
02-18-2008, 06:51 PM
Great work Jim, I love doing stuff like that to people who have it coming.

Oh, and I hope that whole left testicle thing goes okay too.:D :purplaugh

Jim@BAWS
02-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Teh guy had called 10 times in the last 2 days. Now demanding his money. On speaker phone we told him finally after a dozen excuses why I had not gone to the bank yet. Then I told him that Wachovia was my bank where the FAKE check was from. He still could not understand what the check did not go through. Then this morning after I sent him some more excuses he sends this

What an idiot !!! Oh well it breaks up the day

Alex Good Morning

I went to may bank today. Bank of America and deposited the check

Went to Western Union per your instructions and sent the money

10 digit # is 1Q5R783001

It can be picked up at anytime

Are you interested in some more boats. I have another for sale

a 1958 Sleek Craft. 16 footer with a 2004 50 MERC EFI. Runs perfect

I like it more than the Whaler. The extra money would allow us a surrond sound

system for our television. I put and extra $100 dollars that you snet into the

wire transfer for your troubles. The extra money was not needed. I am sorry that I could not get to the bank on Monday with it being closed

Thanks again

Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 09:51:05 +0000
Subject: WESTERN UNION DETAILS IS NEEDED

Thanks for the mail back Jim,How is your health? i will like you to know that i received an email from the shipping company this morning and i told them that i have contacted you and you said you will have the funds transfered to them today.

So i will like you to proceed as you said, what i really want you to do now is that i want to have the check deposit to your account and witdraw the excess immediately this morning, cos your bank can be telling you to wait for some days, and i will not want any delay with the shippment funds, cos if that occurs they will charges me for delayment fees and demorages fees which that will cost me an extra fees, so when you get to your back just witdraw the shippment funds and have it send this morning okay, so that thing will be fine in both side.Thanks i will be on my computer waiting for the westernunion details from you.

Alex.

N:B when you get to the westernunion tell them this is a family transaction, cos if you tell them the thruth they will request for an extra money, just tell them you are sending the money to your friend okay.

Thanks once again.

T Scott
02-21-2008, 09:40 AM
Jim for President! This is great!

Sodar
02-21-2008, 10:59 AM
Hopefully this guy is not a part of a Mafia gang!

Good Job Jim!

boatless
02-21-2008, 11:15 AM
What if this guy really want to buy your boat and that he is actually one of those honest buyer ?

CarlosCabanas
02-21-2008, 11:25 AM
What if this guy really want to buy your boat and that he is actually one of those honest buyer ?

Then he would be more than willing to wait for his check to clear before getting the "extra" cash for shipping. Except ... maybe your right...extra fees... quick send the money Jim!!:D :D :rolleyes:

3event
02-21-2008, 11:31 AM
Good one Jim !!!

For more stories of scamming the scammers, find here some guys with WAAAAYYYY too much time on their hands (scroll down page, pick a headline and click on it)

http://419eater.com/html/letters.htm

These scammers are amazing, they go after people with ads, send random emails asking to help move money out of a country. A friend of ours stumbled on a long distance love scammer via one of the most common online dating sites, but figured it out before money was sent for airline tickets or other pleas.

CarlosCabanas
02-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Good one Jim !!!

For more stories of scamming the scammers, find here some guys with WAAAAYYYY too much time on their hands (scroll down page, pick a headline and click on it)

These scammers are amazing, they go after people with ads, send random emails asking to help move money out of a country. A friend of ours stumbled on a long distance love scammer via one of the most common online dating sites, but figured it out before money was sent for airline tickets or other pleas.

I just read one of those..... really funny but lonnnnnnnng!! Do they ever get these guys running around in circles.:D

Jim@BAWS
02-21-2008, 01:46 PM

Please...the check was made on an INKJET Printer

Jim@BAWS

flipper
02-21-2008, 01:58 PM
This is cracking me up....the guy is so stupid he doesn't realize the fact that you screwing with him to no end. It just makes the whole thing that much better.

dmayer84
02-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Please...the check was made on an INKJET Printer

Jim@BAWS

Check to make sure it was printed with MICR toner :D

Jim@BAWS
02-21-2008, 02:17 PM
Todays update...what a tool

I think I know what happened...I went to AMSCOT where Western Union is located

I will go back there and get that # for you. That is probably the AMSCOT #

The Western Union office is located in that building.

Sorry for all the confusion.

Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 14:04:24 +0000
Subject: GO AND RESEND THE MONEY AND GET BACK TO ME WITH THE TRANSFER SLIP.

Hello,

I got your mail and I don't understand you, Is this your first time you are sending money through western union? I want you to go back to western union and tell them its not the Mtcn Number. The number's are to be in numbers and not alphabelt. So I will want you to proceed to the bank and tell them you are sending money to your friend that you need the money to be sent out to him today. So I want you to please make sure you get back to me with this transfer details as below:

Sender's Name and Address. Jim Kranedonk
Receiver's Name and Address Cintia Namor
Mtcn Number (10 Digit control number) 1Q5R783001
Amount Sent $7650.00
Trext Question and answer What country are you from? Pakistan

So I will be waiting for you to get back to me with the transfer details as soon as you get back from the bank today and also make sure you attach the western union transfer slip to me as soon as you get my mail.

Thanks,
Alex.

Jim@BAWS
02-22-2008, 09:10 AM
Alex,

None of these are near my house. I have to go to Miami today to see another doctor.

I will try to go to a Western Union there. In the last email I told you that I sent it from AMSCOT

Well this is the one.

5)AMSCOT #13
21621 VILLAGE LAKES VILLAGE LAKES SHOPPING CENTER
LAND O LAKES, FL 34639
Tel: (813) 948-7200

Maybe you could call them and get it straigtened out. In my weakened

condition because of all of these mistakes. I am a little embarrassed.

Thanks...you can call me later today if you like. I will get

you another number when I go to Miami. Hopefully there is a

AMSCOT place there that can trace it back.

Sorry for the inconvience

Jim

PS Are you guys working in England today? Is it not some big holiday there today?

I saw it on "EYE ACROSS THE WORLD" last night. By the way. I purchased the BIG TV yesterday. Circuit ciy had a sale yesterday on BIG SCREEN TV's. I got FREE FINANCING FOR 1 year. Now I can leave that money in the bank.

Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:36:15 +0000
Subject: Go and pickup the money and resend it at another western union location

Hello Jim,

You are still on the wrong part, I want you to know that a western union control number does't have a alphabet.They are not suppose to include the alphabet, I want you to go back to the western union and pickup the money and deduct $100 out of the money.You are to use the $100 for running arround for resending the money. So I will advice you to go to another western union outlet.You are to slipt the money into two names so that the western agent can allow you to send the money.

So here are the names you are to send the money to:

1)Name: Cintia Namor
Address: 27B Martyr Road
City: London
Zipcode: SE6 3HR
Amount to send: $3550

2)Name: Delight Barber
Address: 27B Martyr Road
City: London
Zipcode: SE6 3HR
Amount to send: $3550

As soon as the money is sent to the two names I will like you to attach the payment slip to me for confirmation so that the money can be received by my shipper in United Kingdom.You can go to any of the western union location and send the money into the names given to you.

Here is the western union location you can send out the money;

1) PUBLIX #0006
1920 COUNTY ROAD 581
WESLEY CHAPEL, FL 33543
Tel: (813) 994-4566

2) 7-ELEVEN VCOM #32782
27219 SR 54
WESLEY CHAPEL, FL 33543
Tel: (813) 994-1496

3) SWEETBAY SUPERMARKET #1916
27301 STATE ROAD 54
WESLEY CHAPEL, FL 33543
Tel: (813) 994-5570

4) WINN-DIXIE #611
18407 N US HIGHWAY 41
LUTZ, FL 33549
Tel: (813) 948-1184

5)AMSCOT #13
21621 VILLAGE LAKES VILLAGE LAKES SHOPPING CENTER
LAND O LAKES, FL 34639
Tel: (813) 948-7200

As soon as you get to the western union locations you tell them you want to send money out to you friend and you are to send it into two names and make sure the money is sent out to the shipper's information today.I will be waiting for you to get back to me with the payment slip as soon as the money is sent to the names given to you above.

Thanks,

Alex.

beef
02-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Awesome. This is great!

Love the 419eater site. Maybe you can get this guy to balance a fish on his head and send a picture?

T Scott
02-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Beef,
I had never heard of the 419eater.com website, but it is hysterical!

Jim- See if you can get your guy to send you a picture like one of these...... http://419eater.com/html/trophy_room.htm

Come on Jim...you can do it!:D

wakolman
02-22-2008, 10:51 AM
Good one Jim !!!

I only read one (the third one down, Tale of the Painted Breast) -it was long but pretty good.

Get a scammer to send you real money, and take a pic of himself with paint on his boob!

starman205
02-22-2008, 11:20 AM
This thread is better than a soap opera!!!!!!!!!!!! I can hardly wait to see what will happen every day. :D

phecksel
02-22-2008, 01:15 PM
How did you get from 7650 to 3550(x2)? Math isn't adding up

phecksel
02-22-2008, 01:16 PM
Also might suggest he send you a ticket to fly the money to London!

Jim@BAWS
02-22-2008, 01:17 PM
Last update

Alex,

So I am playing a game with you? That's the joke of the day...don't ya think? You are stupid or what?

I have sent you 3 emails telling you to go screw yourself. Even told you on the phone

what a JOKE you are. Then I send you an email...and like a MORON you reply.

Look Wachovia Bank has your check. It was a pretty bad copy job I knew from the beginning I was being set up.

You are like the 3rd person I have done this to. I hope that I did waste your time.

Wasted your money on a overnight package 20 calls to the US from where ever you called from

Get a job...get a life. You have been had you MORON

You have made the 500 peolpe that have read your emails. The FBI has your emails

Wachovia has your funny money check and Western Union has all the info

PS HAVE A NICE DAY

Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 16:09:50 +0000
Subject: RE: Go and pickup the money and resend it at another western union location

Jim,

Is this kind of a game or what are you doing?I gave the Confirmation number to my shipper and he told me that he was very dissapointed in me, He told me on getting to the bank he was told that there is no transfer made on the confirmation number given. So I will appreciate if you would be able to refund my money cause I am not happy with the kind of game you are acting with me.

I need you to get back to me, its urgent.

Alex.

Jim K <swab791@hotmail.com> wrote:
I just got your email on my phone

The CONF # at Western Union is

Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 13:32:15 +0000
Subject: RE: Go and pickup the money and resend it at another western union location

Jim,

Okay, Before you to to Miami, I will want you to make sure this mistake is taken care of cause my shipper need to have the money so that they can make arrangement on the pickup. So I want you to try and send the money when you get to Miami. I will be waiting for you to get back to me with the transfer details as soon as he money is sent.

Thanks,

Alex.

jraben8
02-22-2008, 01:25 PM
Utter Brilliance!!!!

Farmer Ted
02-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Beef,
I had never heard of the 419eater.com website, but it is hysterical!

Jim- See if you can get your guy to send you a picture like one of these...... http://419eater.com/html/trophy_room.htm

Come on Jim...you can do it!:D

come on Jim! Get him to send you a picture!
http://419eater.com/images/trophy_room/albert_williams.jpg

Benny Boy
02-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Jim, thanks for sharing this with us. I almost hope someone tries to scam me this way and I can have fun too playing him like you did! :worthy:

Jim@BAWS
02-22-2008, 03:52 PM
Here is the picture