PDA

View Full Version : 06 X2 platform removal

A.I. Rider
02-14-2008, 10:53 AM
I am having a bit of trouble getting my platform to remove as it appears that it should from the brackets on the back of the boat. I have removed the pins and had help attempting to slide the paltform up and away, but to no avail. It appears to not want to travel past the point at the end of the transom above the deck. With this being the current situation, I was thinking of unscrewing the deck from the L shape brackets. As this is my first inboard and my first time dealing with a teak swim platform, I dont want to unscrew the wrong items and end up with teak planks. I fear that the platform was mounted too close to the transom and that I must unscrew it no matter what. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

BrianM
02-14-2008, 11:00 AM
Sawzall :rolleyes:

TMCNo1
02-14-2008, 11:10 AM
If you remove the screws from the brackets that hold on the platform, it will not self distruct. The screws that hold the deck pieces together should be somewhat countersunk in the teak and IIRC the pieces may also may be glued together too. You may try just loosening the screws a little and try to get it off with the brackets, as it may be in a bind.

06' X-2 R8R H8R
02-14-2008, 11:13 AM
Thats what you for getting a teak platform.....Go Fiberglass next time, mine comes right off.

A.I. Rider
02-14-2008, 11:20 AM
I know, I wish I had. At the time, I thought I was saving a bit of money by not going with the Fiberglass deck. Oh well. I do like the teak, just this one issue. I will unscrew it and try to reset it so that it will come right off as it was intended. Thanks for the help.

ttu
02-14-2008, 11:28 AM
Thats what you for getting a teak platform.....Go Fiberglass next time, mine comes right off.

oh no:rolleyes: harold is not going to like this. kidding.

i have had both fiberglass and teak and from now on teak is it for me.

flipper
02-14-2008, 11:29 AM
I like the teak much better

coz
02-14-2008, 11:30 AM
Sawzall :rolleyes:

That's funny :D

No Skeez
02-14-2008, 11:37 AM
It's got nothing to do with Teak vs. Fiberglass. It's having a dealer that knows how to properly install the platform to give it the clearance needed...

TMCNo1
02-14-2008, 11:53 AM
It's got nothing to do with Teak vs. Fiberglass. It's having a dealer that knows how to properly install the platform to give it the clearance needed...

Good point, but it can be adjusted with minimal effort to come off easy and besides, it's not just limited to teak platforms, fiberglass ones will do it too.

endl
02-14-2008, 12:37 PM
What about having someone pull/wiggle on the platform while you hit the brackets with a rubber mallet. I would not take the platform off the brackets unless its hitting the boat itself.

You might try some lubrication, soap, ect to help get it to slide out.

A.I. Rider
02-15-2008, 10:13 AM
I have actually used the rubber mallet before when trying to remove it. I truly seems that it was installed by the dealer just a bit close. I think I will have them reset it, that way I am not responsible for it if it goes wrong. They told me that they would take care of it when I spoke with them yesterday. From what I told them, they said it appears that it was installed too close and that they would take care of it when I came in for service and warranty stuff this next week. Thanks for all of the input.

TMCNo1
02-15-2008, 12:50 PM
I have actually used the rubber mallet before when trying to remove it. I truly seems that it was installed by the dealer just a bit close. I think I will have them reset it, that way I am not responsible for it if it goes wrong. They told me that they would take care of it when I spoke with them yesterday. From what I told them, they said it appears that it was installed too close and that they would take care of it when I came in for service and warranty stuff this next week. Thanks for all of the input.

That's good to hear. Keep us informed!