PDA

View Full Version : Beginner Surf board

TheOneandOnly
02-12-2008, 10:44 PM
We are beginners and need advice on which brand/style we should get.
Im 6-0 180#'s and all others using it will be that height-weight ratio or smaller.
Thx

JoshBuzz
02-12-2008, 10:55 PM
Inland surfer Red Tide, or Red Woody, or Blue Lake!!

or ask Loc, he's one of the best surfers around, and a member of one of the best surf organizations around!!

loc
02-13-2008, 11:44 AM
JoshBuzz nails it, the IS Blue is outstanding. Easy for beginners and tough to outgrow.

RexDog1
02-13-2008, 12:08 PM
IMO surfing it is very easy you don’t need a “beginner board” you will outgrow it after two or three times out………..
http://www.wakeworld.com/surf/getboard9.asp?ProductID=3977 (http://www.wakeworld.com/surf/getboard9.asp?ProductID=3977)
I like this board, if you have a local pro shop to do a rental program before you get one….:rolleyes: have fun!!!!!!

Roonie's
02-13-2008, 12:10 PM
I second the IS blue as it is a great all around board to have in your collection. Has a wide range from beginners to advanced and you won't outgrow it anytime soon.

ttu
02-13-2008, 12:17 PM
i am currently selling a inland surfer yellow loogey in "marketplace" for a great price.

only reason for selling is i am looking to buy the new carbon fiber board.

corey
02-13-2008, 12:48 PM
I'd check out the Liquid Force Custom too. My buddy bought one last season and now I am going back and forth between my Phase 5 and his, overall the custom is a lot more forgiving but I like the quickness of the Phase 5.

I have the Oogle, which is the largest of the Phase 5's. We ride behind so many different boats and so many different weight setups so it's nice to have a bit bigger board.

norris laker
02-13-2008, 12:58 PM
I agree with the Inland Surfer blue unless you want to teach young kids how to surf. The blue is difficult for young kids to push down when they start. For young kids I would recommend a 4'9" Broadcast. The broadcast is a great beginner board but you will probably find yourself wanting more from a board as you improve.