PDA

View Full Version : Philly/S. Jersey

cwright
02-12-2008, 04:40 PM
I will be visiting the Philly/S. Jersey area the week of April 6-12. My schedule from Wednesday to Friday (April 9, 10, 11) is wide open, and I was wondering if anyone in that area would have their boats in the water yet, and if anyone wanted to give an Oregonian a reason to bring his slalom ski (and dry suit) to Philly.

Lennyp04
02-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Well if our lake was un-frozen in April it would be dropped in. My house is about 1 hour 45 mins above Philly and the lake is another Hour and 15 mins. To bad it wont be in...:-(

dmayer84
02-13-2008, 05:46 PM
NJSkier is close to that area, dont know how much slaloming you would do behind an xstar though.

wats218
02-13-2008, 06:21 PM
Live right outside philly, but boat won't be ready in april. We're wooses....we wait for the warmth.

Jerseydave
02-13-2008, 07:05 PM
cwright,

Depending on weather we may be in by then, but April 12th is usually a bit cold. Nobody ever slalom skied behind my X-star, you could be the first (or man-up and wakeboard behind it) :)

wats218, you have the proper ski machine. You gonna bring that up to Bordentown this year?

wats218
02-13-2008, 08:04 PM
wats218, you have the proper ski machine. You gonna bring that up to Bordentown this year?

Planning on it. When it comes closer I'll let you know...you have to show us the ropes. Just made plans for a trip to Raystown Lake in central PA.

Jerseydave
02-13-2008, 08:38 PM
wats, I'd be glad to show you around the river.

Raystown lake is awesome, we've been there a bunch of times (4 times on houseboats). If you're staying at Raystown resort you'll be close to the slalom course. If you have any questions about the resort or the lake, fire away.

cwright, I'm off on fridays so a definte maybe?? :D

wats218
02-13-2008, 08:47 PM
wats, I'd be glad to show you around the river.

Raystown lake is awesome, we've been there a bunch of times (4 times on houseboats). If you're staying at Raystown resort you'll be close to the slalom course. If you have any questions about the resort or the lake, fire away.

cwright, I'm off on fridays so a definte maybe?? :D

What end of the lake is the slalom course on? A buddy of mine has land a couple of miles away from the lake. A bunch of us are going to go for a long weekend and camp out. I think he said he's by the south end of the lake where the dam is.

I just started working 4 10's so I have fridays off all summer. That might be a good day to head up to Bordentown.

Jerseydave
02-13-2008, 09:36 PM
The dam is at the north end, near Huntingdon. The slalom course is at the south end, around marker #23-24 I think. Where are you camping? Raystown resort would put you close to the slalom course, but 7 points campground (marker #8) puts you a bit far away from the course. Raystown resort is a great campground, lots of stuff there.

We try to hit the river every friday, come join us if you can.

cwright
02-14-2008, 12:00 PM
NJSkier and others, thanks for taking the time to reply. NJSkier, I may shoot you a PM the week before the trip just to check in with you and see if you've had the MC out. An X-Star huh? Well I'm sure it could be done. Thanks again, will be in touch.

wats218
02-14-2008, 12:37 PM
The dam is at the north end, near Huntingdon. The slalom course is at the south end, around marker #23-24 I think. Where are you camping? Raystown resort would put you close to the slalom course, but 7 points campground (marker #8) puts you a bit far away from the course. Raystown resort is a great campground, lots of stuff there.

We try to hit the river every friday, come join us if you can.

A buddy of mine that we're going with has land out there. We're just camping on his property. He said its 8 miles from the lake. I'll have to find out more.

Jerseydave
02-14-2008, 05:48 PM
NJSkier and others, thanks for taking the time to reply. NJSkier, I may shoot you a PM the week before the trip just to check in with you and see if you've had the MC out. An X-Star huh? Well I'm sure it could be done. Thanks again, will be in touch.

I'm always here. I have an HO slalom you could use, about 10 years old but like new. I don't own a drysuit (yet).