PDA

View Full Version : Center Hill

VOLFAN
02-11-2008, 09:25 PM
If you boat on Center Hill where do you hang out at?

I am usually in Big Hurricane

drylandfish
02-11-2008, 09:40 PM
We hang out around Sligo, Mine Lick Creek, and Hurricane. Usually April through early October.

VOLFAN
02-15-2008, 12:45 PM
Has anyone been up to Ferguson creek area? I hear that is supposed to be Center Hill's party cove? I went up there once this past summer, but nothing much was happening.

Kevin&Annie
02-15-2008, 01:30 PM
We are usually in Mine Lick or Raccoon Hollow at the slalom courses.

ShamrockIV
02-15-2008, 02:08 PM
we are at the houseboat at hurricane or runing up and down the lake!!
let's pick a place and make it the place to go!!!!
i am in j14 on the "endless summer" if you want to find me!!

icewake
02-15-2008, 02:31 PM
im hoping to make it up to center hill a few times, its about 80 miles from my house

BIGBADBLUE
02-15-2008, 02:35 PM
we are at the houseboat at hurricane or runing up and down the lake!!
let's pick a place and make it the place to go!!!!
i am in j13 on the "endless summer" if you want to find me!!

Cool. I am the newbe in J3 on Better Days at Hurricane.

We usually are hanging out in Mine Lick ... maybe Big Hurricane if there is no one on the lake.

icewake
02-15-2008, 02:37 PM
i had no idea this many people were around here, does anyone ever make it down to Tims Ford or Woods Resevoir?

bcampbe7
02-15-2008, 02:39 PM
i had no idea this many people were around here, does anyone ever make it down to Tims Ford or Woods Resevoir?

Yes.............

ShamrockIV
02-15-2008, 03:26 PM
cool bigbadblue. hollar at us anytime!!! just ask for the burgess's!!!!!

VOLFAN
02-15-2008, 03:35 PM
Shamrock IV
Well I am in the slums (historic dist.) C52 I will be looking for you as soon as the weather breaks. Do you go down there much at this time of year?

We hung out across from Hurrincne in big huricane most all last year.

ShamrockIV
02-15-2008, 05:11 PM
yes quite a bit actually!! i will be there this weekend oulling up carpet and getting ready to do hardwood. we are refurbing boat so we can sell and get a new one!! my dad sells boats there. the new funtime when u walk on the dock is one of his for sell!!

ShamrockIV
02-15-2008, 05:23 PM
hey maybe we can use this as a way to assemble a "ski" club!! or at least a group of people that can hang out together!!!!

PM me if any of u are interested!!!

sunsational
02-16-2008, 09:09 AM
Our family hangs out up around Cookeville dock in Dry Creek or Eagle Creek close to Sligo. We occasionaly get down to Hurricane or Mine Lick depending on the amount of boats out. We would love to come hang out if someone wants to put a gathering together once the weather warms up!

VOLFAN
02-17-2008, 11:34 PM
yes quite a bit actually!! i will be there this weekend oulling up carpet and getting ready to do hardwood. we are refurbing boat so we can sell and get a new one!! my dad sells boats there. the new funtime when u walk on the dock is one of his for sell!!

Well how did the carpet removal go? I was going to try to make it down there, but my butt stayed attached to the couch all day watching the pre race - race - post race tv...I feel guilty I should have been out cleaning on the boat.

bbymgr
02-18-2008, 12:28 AM
Anybody ever been on Douglas Lake east of Knoxville? If so how is it, and where are the best places to go?

ShamrockIV
02-18-2008, 07:18 AM
no prob vol fan it is going well we got almost all the hardwood don in the front salon and now just have a strip down the hall to go!!

All you guys that are near hurricane holler at me. slip number is either j13 or 14 i forget!! boat name is endless summer!!

when it warms up i will do some recon work and find us a place to meet up!!

ya'll send me some suggestions of what we are looking for.
what do we want to do there? hang out? ski? board? these will be important to finding a spot!!

volfan and bigbadblue you can just holler at me at the dock. anybody else just stop by or flag me down on the lake. i am not hard to spot 97 205 with me, wife, and four kids!!! lol

also i not oppossed to starting some kinda group!! someone pm'd me and asked about doing something similar to csm on center hill. i am up for it but first i want to go to csm and check it out. i am sure there is a TON of prep work involved!! but hey why not we have the best lake in the south, so why not show it off!!!

ShamrockIV
02-18-2008, 12:18 PM
hey by the way anyone that wants to contact me email me at billy.burgess@us.army.mil
thanks!!!!

or pm.

ShamrockIV
02-19-2008, 05:42 PM
hey ya'll
i have had alot of interest in getting a group of folks together at center hill. if hang out there and are interested please pm me or preferably email me at burgessb@dtccom.net
volfan said a "ski club" did not interest him, but skiing is not all we can do!! we can make it just a group of people that hang out together!!
I am planning a get together cookout kinda thing prob on my houseboat at hurricane the first part of april so you guys email me and start sending me ideas!! thanks look forward to meeting u all!!

VOLFAN
02-19-2008, 06:37 PM
Yeah I am not much on skies, but I do like to wakeboard (not any good at it) I make for a good laugh when I am doing it! I am 250 lbs so I do not get alot of air. That is a good thing cause I do not fall as far, but I do fall hard.

I like floating with my cooler full of Miller's by me!

Let me know what I can do to help in the planning.

Leroy
02-19-2008, 06:48 PM
I would like to spend few weekends on Center Hill this summer. I would probably camp or stay at Edgar Evan condos.

VOLFAN
02-19-2008, 06:55 PM
My fav. weekend on Center Hill is always the 4th of July! Sligo and Cookeville Boat Dock always has a firework show. I am always sure to be out there so I can watch those. They are by no means the best around but it cool sitting out on the lake watching.

BIGBADBLUE
02-19-2008, 07:01 PM
I am into something like a ski/board club ... me and boarding do not mix but man I can drive a mean straight line at 22 MPH. We are always looking for more people to ski with. We are mostly open water skiers but my kids would love to start skiing the course. I did get my 15 off pass last year at 34 before I blew out my shoulder. Did I mention I need to lose some weight also? :)

I am easy to spot at the lake a 94 205 with a million kids on with a dad that is grumpy because he never gets a turn anymore.

ShamrockIV
02-19-2008, 07:10 PM
I would like to spend few weekends on Center Hill this summer. I would probably camp or stay at Edgar Evan condos.

come on up leroy!!! we will be glad to have you!!! i say we cause we are just assembling our ski/board/foil/floating/drinking club!!!

ShamrockIV
02-19-2008, 07:15 PM
I am into something like a ski/board club ... me and boarding do not mix but man I can drive a mean straight line at 22 MPH. We are always looking for more people to ski with. We are mostly open water skiers but my kids would love to start skiing the course. I did get my 15 off pass last year at 34 before I blew out my shoulder. Did I mention I need to lose some weight also? :)

I am easy to spot at the lake a 94 205 with a million kids on with a dad that is grumpy because he never gets a turn anymore.

dang bro we got alot in common. i got a 97 205 with kids in it!! soudns like we are gonna have ablast. hell i like u boyz already!!! come on down a few slips and holler blue, i will tow u my man!! come to the smell of steaks and cold miller lite!! or after dark maybe some crown!! lol i am sure spongebob will be on the tv!! lol

hey you know i am gonna call you "my boy BLUE!!!!" right!! i hope u are not too big a boy. i am frail and my dad is old so we might not be able to whip u!! lol

icewake
02-19-2008, 07:46 PM
im in for the grilling and drinking, i might even be prepared with the dry suit

BIGBADBLUE
02-19-2008, 08:14 PM
dang bro we got alot in common. i got a 97 205 with kids in it!! soudns like we are gonna have ablast. hell i like u boyz already!!! come on down a few slips and holler blue, i will tow u my man!! come to the smell of steaks and cold miller lite!! or after dark maybe some crown!! lol i am sure spongebob will be on the tv!! lol

hey you know i am gonna call you "my boy BLUE!!!!" right!! i hope u are not too big a boy. i am frail and my dad is old so we might not be able to whip u!! lol

Better bring it ... my kids know Karate:) Just keep them girls away from my boys ... I am raising UM fans. I do like the idea of Steak and Beer after a long days ski.

All this talk of summer has me stoked. When does summer start?

icewake
02-19-2008, 08:17 PM
for me it starts in about one month(with dry suit of course) before i had one it usually didnt start until the first of may

VOLFAN
02-19-2008, 09:33 PM
You guys can ski I will drink beer and watch

Leroy
02-19-2008, 09:55 PM
Sounds great, I have gone to Center Hill for ~15 years except for the last 4-5 and stayed at Edgar Evans. Also went to TTU graduating in 83. Friends father in law designed and built Edgar Evans Marina, but think he sold it.

come on up leroy!!! we will be glad to have you!!! i say we cause we are just assembling our ski/board/foil/floating/drinking club!!!

drylandfish
02-19-2008, 10:29 PM
I'm bringing the blender and the funnel.:steering: :toast:

VOLFAN
02-19-2008, 11:01 PM
I will be sure to have some apple pie.

Monte
02-19-2008, 11:08 PM
someone pm'd me and asked about doing something similar to csm on center hill. i am up for it but first i want to go to csm and check it out. i am sure there is a TON of prep work involved!! but hey why not we have the best lake in the south, so why not show it off!!!

If you throw it I will be there;) What's the dates of this said shindig??:rolleyes:

Kevin&Annie
02-20-2008, 09:19 AM
We're in! Just let us know date. By the way, there is a ski club on Center Hill. The Patriotic Ski Club maintains the slalom course in Raccoon Hollow.

VOLFAN
02-20-2008, 10:21 AM
where I marked the X's is where I usually hang out

ShamrockIV
02-20-2008, 10:42 AM
well we were looking for something a little less structured than patriotic ski club i think. i do not want to steal people from them but i have not heard from them in awhile and i thought just a group of us tmc folks would be fun!! am i going out on a limb or you guys in? thanks!!as for our event let me go to csm and also work out some details. from my initial thoughts and starting to plan seems like alot of work. i would like to get comfirmed help and have out first meeting before we commit to this. i do not think i can handle it all by myself!!we will discuss this at our first meeting. i will figure out the dates!!

think of possible name like " the center hillbillies" stuff like that!!

icewake
02-20-2008, 11:15 AM
thats a pretty good name sham, i can't think of anything funnier/better

BIGBADBLUE
02-20-2008, 11:17 AM
I want to be the Manager of Grill Operations or Chief Driver in Charge of Pulls for People Under the Age of 15 or Chief Slacker of Boat Operations.

Sarah and I will help on the event. I have no idea what it takes but we will absolutely help and be involved.

BIGBADBLUE
02-20-2008, 11:20 AM
I am coming up blank on the name ... let me give it some thought

VOLFAN
02-20-2008, 11:26 AM
I can not think of any thing either, but will try to think of something.

I am also in to help anyway I can.

VOLFAN
02-20-2008, 12:30 PM
I think the 2nd weekend in April will work good for me to have the first meeting.

You can put me down to bring some apple pie in jar and some cold Miller Lite and anything else I can bring food wise.

ShamrockIV
02-20-2008, 04:37 PM
dang blue i hate to give up my grilling duties but u may be hired!!

BIGBADBLUE
02-20-2008, 05:10 PM
I cook a mean "Beer Butt Chicken"!!!

I will relinquish my grill duties to be the chief taster if that is what the team needs!!!! I am a team player.

ShamrockIV
02-20-2008, 05:29 PM
"MY BOY BLUE!!!!"

hey blue were u the one i talked that was playing uno attack on sat?

way to "take one for the team" blue!!
i make a awesome cajun steak!!

icewake
02-20-2008, 05:43 PM
sounds like it going to be a good time, and sham the"my boy blue" phase is from one of the greatest movies of all time. i may have to watch it this weekend now

ShamrockIV
02-20-2008, 06:13 PM
yeah ice i thought it fit. plus i love the movie

VOLFAN
02-20-2008, 08:57 PM
I like my steak med. rare...

I will be sure the beer stays cold

BIGBADBLUE
02-20-2008, 09:34 PM
"MY BOY BLUE!!!!"

hey blue were u the one i talked that was playing uno attack on sat?

way to "take one for the team" blue!!
i make a awesome cajun steak!!

When it comes to food ... there is no one better than me. At least at eating!!! My neighbor is a chef and we will bring him up so we can have a real good cookout. He is into skiing also.

Lets GET ER DONE ... Tell me a date and I will be where ever.

VOLFAN
02-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Pres. Shamrock have we came up with a date yet?

BIGBADBLUE
02-21-2008, 03:54 PM
Sham for el Presidente'

ShamrockIV
02-21-2008, 04:49 PM
no election?
I am running unopposed?

well my first act as president of the "center hillbillies" will be to say ribeyes and drinks for eveyone!!! let no member go thirsty or hungry as long as i am pres!!! let no gas tank go dry!!!

do i get to pick my cabinet?

BIGBADBLUE
02-21-2008, 05:39 PM
I love your platform. I would suggest one little tweak ... bone-in ribeyes for plank owners?

ShamrockIV
02-21-2008, 06:00 PM
I will have to get with my people and they will get with your people on this bone request!!

hey bro if u like a bone in that is all u!!
not me no bones in mine bro!! lol

VOLFAN
02-21-2008, 07:21 PM
no election?
I am running unopposed?

well my first act as president of the "center hillbillies" will be to say ribeyes and drinks for eveyone!!! let no member go thirsty or hungry as long as i am pres!!! let no gas tank go dry!!!

do i get to pick my cabinet?

If your not going to let my gas tank go dry I am voting for you for sure!

BIGBADBLUE
02-21-2008, 07:24 PM
I will have to get with my people and they will get with your people on this bone request!!

hey bro if u like a bone in that is all u!!
not me no bones in mine bro!! lol

WOW ... I did open myself up for that and deserve it. :)

ShamrockIV
02-21-2008, 07:59 PM
yep wide open!!!!

lol i am quick witted like that!!!