PDA

View Full Version : beginner board

Gerd
02-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Just bought a new MC X-15 and being an old slalom skier I don't have much knowledge about wakeboards. Any suggestions on a good beginner wakeboard to buy?

JoshBuzz
02-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Hyperlite State with foundation bindings

how tall are you and how much do you weigh??

Ole Miss Rebels
02-10-2008, 10:39 PM
wakeworld.com has a wealth of info. it has all of the board mfg's lineups for the last 6-7 years plus technical info, analyses, and reviews by riders. for a beginner look at he hyperlite motive. try to find a new board that is 1-2 years old and get it at 75% off. there are deals out there, especially now. good luck and let us know what you find. i would suggest not getting a pure beginner board. i would get at least an intermediate board with a continuous rocker. don't get a three stage rocker, they are too abrupt on the launch. and when in doubt, a bigger (longer) board is always a safer way to go. also, get your own board with good bindings that fit you properly, not a one size fits all.

erkoehler
02-10-2008, 10:49 PM
www.liquidsportsonline.com

Check it out, and give us a call if you have any questions. We may have the board your interested in on closeout or demo pricing.

eyeball_jerry
02-11-2008, 09:00 PM
I am a slalom skier, currently ride a System 8 for slalom. I tried a Murry in 04 it was really stuck to the water. I now ride a Ronix Fronteer, I love it. I did hear the new Murry is great too.

Gerd
02-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Sorry guy's, I'm 5'10" and come in at 180lbs

stuartmcnair
02-11-2008, 09:37 PM
I am in the same boat...I got a Liquid Force Omega with Hyperlite 3ds bindings...I like the full boot much much better than the open toe. Felt more comfortable.

My 2 cents....

Jerseydave
02-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Demo some boards at your local wake shop, get a feel for what's right for you. Don't buy a board just on looks and graphics, and as mentioned before don't just get a beginner board that you'll be out of in 1-2 years anyway. Our group likes alot of different boards, here's a few:

Liquid Force Watson (mine)
Liquid Force Trip
Ronix "one"
CWB Transcend
CWB Marius
ERA

JoshBuzz
02-12-2008, 08:05 PM
Don't forget about the O'Brien Natural and Cartel, both great boards!!